Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

panicy / peircing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok.. this is really weird,

I took my peircing out to clean it as it was a lil infected, it's clean and will be ok now, i used surgical spirit, but problem is i cant get it back in, no one in my family can and i am getting REALLY panicly.. it feels like something is missing from me.. i know it's weird but.. it does.. I... can't seem to sleep and... I am scared it'll close over night then i wont be able to put it back in...

Any idea how to put it back in, I mean i manage to get the bar through but it's connecting the ball on, it seems.. to small.. i cant see enough to put it back in...

im... worried.. i dont know why.. i mean its only a peircing but.. i love it..

Comments

• Options
    why do you ask advice and then totally ignore it?

so many people said its a bad idea using surgical spirit, and to not take it out.

what have you got, a bar or a ring? and is it the eyebrow?
  • Options
    You invited your family round to try and put your piercing back in? :eek2:
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    I took my peircing out to clean it as it was a lil infected

yeeearrghhh!! no! don't take the jewellery out if it's infected. if lets the infection spread down into the open wound. one of my mates managed to give herself septicaemia that way and was quite poorly.

for future reference - salt soak with the jewellery STILL IN. if you want to take it out, wait til the infection has gone.

anyway, if it's out, and you're having troubles getting it back in, you'll just have to leave it. you'll just bugger up your hole and scratch the insides and make the whole area really sore. leave it, keep it clean, let it heal, then if you must, get it pierced again.
  • Options
    I agree with kaffrin, if it's not going back in, take it out and let it heal up properly. I had to do that with a piercing over christmas and got it re-pierced about 5-6 weeks later and now it's totally fine, healed up lovely. It's better in the long run.
  • Options
    No... its going in fine.. i got the puss out.. it doesnt hurt, but i have never been able to get the tiny ball on to screw it on,

the bar goes throught fine.. it glides through no problem, i did say its the screwing the ball on, its something my fingers are to big to do..
  • Options
    the balls are really tiny on eyebrow bars.

get right up close to a mirror, and find the hole in the ball. just line it up to the bar and screw clockwise.

its not that difficult, i had an eyebrow piercing myself til it rejected
  • Options
    Doofy.. no.. i asked my family who live with me...

Correction, not surgical spirit but something simular that the peircer gave me, i thought it was surgical but i dunno.. its something for peircings anyway
    and its eyebrow bar,
  • Options
    its just my fingers are to big.. and it slips in my hands..

i'll try again anyway
  • Options
    well from now on ill use only salt water,

i tried again.. bathed thepeircing and bar in salt water, clean it and tried again... every time i looked in the mirror and tried i failed.. so in the end i closed my eyes and felt it.. went first time..

Thanks for help, i feel alot better and it doesnt hurt,
  • Options
    Just to add....

If you ever find you have an infected piercing, never ever take the jewellery out until the infection has fully cleared up. The reason for this is if an infection is inside the 'wound' or piercing, then healing skin over the top of an infection would just lock the infection inside the skin causing huge problems.

Always leave jewellery in the piercing while an infection is there.

Ilora x
  • Options
    the ball on my labret is really small too and i have trouble unscrewing a new ball from the bar, so i use them really thin rubber gloves. They work brilliantly, but not sure how good they will be for screwing a ball on. Anyway they grip the ball well.