Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Was I dreaming?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all

Was watching TV the other day and saw an advert for a moisturising lotion that had self-tanner kinda built in? Basically it had a tint and over a few days as you moisturised after showers etc, the colour built up. Trouble is, my mum was talking to me at the same time and I didn't catch who it was by.....

......and there's also the fact that I went out looking for it the other day and couldn't find anything like it, so I'm beginning to think I made it up! (If I did, THE COPYRIGHT'S MINE!!)

Did I invent it? Can I make MILLIONS?! Or am I just gonna be soft and brown soon?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think its a Johnsons thing-holiday moisturiser or something?
    Yeah its a johnson thing, tried to find a website with it but can't.
    Johnson's Holiday Skin
    Yup its johnsons, if you get some let me know how good it is please! I want to try it :)
    iv used the boots one before.

it only works to help you keep your tan after you have a bit of one, if you put it on you when your totally white you just go a strange orangy yellow colour
    Hmmm...i was going to try this stuff, but i dont want to go orange :nervous:
    You won't go orange with the Johnsons stuff as long as you choose the one for fair skin and don't slap loads of it on in one go. It spreads really well and massages in easily so just use it sparingly to start with.
    The Boots stuff is different. The Johnsons stuff is only just in the shop and is on buy one get one free in Boots at the mo I think. :)
    Johnson's Holiday Skin arrived in Boots today :yippe:

They're £4.99, buy one get one free.
    Tried it last night and I'm a pretty colour now!! Exfoliated like a crazy person first and then put it on - it's worked really nicely, except I didn't expect to be this brown so quickly!!
    I was actually looking for this thread yesterday but couldn't find it. I have been using it a week now and I think it's brilliant.

I'm not usually a big fan of fake tan, as I never seem to be able to apply it on right without it streaking but I just got bored of being really pale. And using this has been brilliant, it's just giving me a nice light tan to help me stop looking like casper. Doesn't look orange. Actually very natural looking. I love it.

As the girl said above, so long as you exfoliate well every time you get showered, then apply your holiday tan on, it work surprising quickly, and you just top up when you feel your losing your colour or want to go a little darker.

Thumbs up from me :thumb:
    I find it hard to use fake tan so this sounds perfect for me.
    This may sound like a really dumb question but how do you go about exfoliating? I have these ruff glove things from body shop. will they do it?
    Well I just use a body puff, that seems to be doing the trick. But I suppose it's up to yourself.
    You can buy exfoliator...its just like a gel or a cream with hard bits in it. Like facial scrub...? Use it in the shower. I used to work in The Body Shop and, man, did we flog loads of the stuff to the people buying fake tan. Oh, and fake tan mitts!

Anyway...can you use this holiday skin stuff on your face? Im always worried about have a tanned body but a pale face when using fake tan! hehe
    draven wrote:

Anyway...can you use this holiday skin stuff on your face? Im always worried about have a tanned body but a pale face when using fake tan! hehe

i think you can. I have been anyway :confused:
    I use fake tan on my body cos i'm deathly pale but i've never dared to do my face in case it looks awful and i can't get it off. This sounds like the perfect solution. I've used it once on my face with a slight colour change but i guess you need to use to a few times for it to come through properly
    I have been using it on my face anf it's done no bother to me so far.
    Everywhere seems to have sold out of it!!! :(
    I'm sure that's not the case RepeatToFade. I think there have been delays getting them in - the store that I work in only got them on Monday.
    just a question - this is basically just moisturiser with fake tan in, yes?

wouldn't it work if you just mixed fake tan with moisturiser?
    Probably Kaffrin, but that's too much hassle for lazy sods like me :p
    fake tan in general is too much hassle for lazy sods like me :p

i tried a couple of times but it just went horribly wrong.
    Zella wrote:
    This may sound like a really dumb question but how do you go about exfoliating? I have these ruff glove things from body shop. will they do it?
    go to lush, buy `aqua mirablis`.
    use.
    love.
    go to lush, buy `aqua mirablis`.
    use.
    love.

is that the black bar? I got a box set thing for my birthday, and its got this black exfoliating bar in, and its so good. Apart from leaving the shower all black!
    Sanctuary do a gorgeous exfoliating bar - i usually find body exfoliators are too gentle for me - I like to properly scrub at my skin, and the sanctuary exfoliating scrub bar thingy's great cos it's really rough and leaves you all smooth and purty!
    Orange!!!

im a ball of paste that doent tan easily, so i got funny stuff and shoved it all over, but did fuck all, so put some more on when i got home and then realised that parts of me were tanned (like my feet and areas of my arms) but the rest of me was still paste, even though i spent ages rubbing it in easily and expholiated first, so i guess parts of skin just colour easily. AND also cus i spent ages rubbing it in, the majorty of it went into the palm of my hands and even though i spent ages trying to wash it off, in certain lights and compared to the rest of my face they look BRIGHT orange, and i've scrubbed and even tryed bleaching them and THEY WONT GO NORMAL COLOURED. Once more my feet are tanned, which in some light looks bright orange, but the majoirty of my legs and thighs are still WHITEEEEEEEEE (but again orange in some light) and theres little difference in the rest of my body.

HOW DO I GET IT OFF MY HANDS? they ment to be pale. And how are you suposed to apply without it making hands orange. IT SHOULD COME WITH GLOVES. Kick Jonsons. They just selling you what you want.. u should jsut go to a tanning place and lie on boring bed... or just become a goth and endorse the paste. HELP ME

.. signed.. Tango coloured fish stick
    it's possible to buy fake tan remover usually in the form of wipes.
    i know st. tropez do a version of them but you should be able to pick up some cheaper ones in Boots.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    is that the black bar? I got a box set thing for my birthday, and its got this black exfoliating bar in, and its so good. Apart from leaving the shower all black!

No that one is called 'You Snap the Whip' and it is all blackcurranty and delicious, and leaves your skin so smooth... It does make a little bit of a mess though!

And Zella, those gloves from the Body Shop do a great job of exfoliating, and they are so easy to use.
    SO is this like a fake tan that lasts a certain amount of washes/days? I never trust me not to get them streaky so have started using the rimmel sum shimmer instant tan makeup. Just it does annoy me having to do it every time I want to look brown and doing my back and arms are impossible.
    Everywhere seems to have sold out of it!!! :(

I have found that too :(
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    ~kaz~ wrote:
    I have found that too :(

I have seen it in Sainsbury's...