Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

where to buy short tops for men.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all,

I'm looking for short tops so my belt is on show more, but can't really find which brands do this kind of thing...

someone on here must like this kind of fashion, or have a boyfriend that does, and I dont just want to wear my jeans reeeaaallly low, they already are quite low!!

cheers :)

Comments

• Options
    Ever seen that Take That video? Where they're all wearing Britney-style shortie tops? I was SO sure that was what you meant when I looked at the subject box!!

TBH, I think it's just dependent on the length of your body - go find a shop for short-bodied men and the tops'll be short! Otherwise, if it's the belt buckly you want shown off, just hook the bottom of the top behind it and all will be well.
  • Options
    its more that i want the whole of the belt to be showing, not just the buckle...and i want it to look very natural, rather than tucking the front behind the buckle of waring my jeans really low, any ideas?
  • Options
    buy girls t-shirts? or kids?
  • Options
    turn you t shirt inside out, then fold the bottom upwards a few inches and sew it to attach to the t shirt. Then when you turn it back in it will be shorter
  • Options
    adampom wrote:
    hi all,

I'm looking for short tops so my belt is on show more, but can't really find which brands do this kind of thing...

someone on here must like this kind of fashion, or have a boyfriend that does, and I dont just want to wear my jeans reeeaaallly low, they already are quite low!!

cheers :)

ah.

Well, i wear my jeans pretty low but what you want to do is buy fitted clothes that hug your body. I wear chunky belt buckles, like my new NERD one :D

Thus you tee shirt sitting behind the buckle, either way..fitted is the way to go. Short teeshirts, alaaa topman hang funny at the back and it looks just pish really.
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean,
    I spent a long a long time trying to get that T-Shirt/Still See the Belt look. What I've found is, as I am a small size, going to Topman as they do extra small sizes, which are perfect for that look. It all depends on what size you are, so I would suggest you buy the next size smaller that you. Some thing I think has been suggested before is ordering "girls sizes". I have a few T-Shirts that I have ordered in (Quote) "Girllie Skilly Fit" and they do the job but they a little tight :( so dont put any weight on!.
    But you could buy 100% cotton T-Shirts and you can shrink them :)
  • Options
    addidas fitted t-shirts ;)
  • Options
    I'm lucky small is enough just to reach bellow the belt buckle when I am standing arms down. The minute you do something the tshirt rises and your belt is visible. BTW where do you all get big belt buckles, they are impossble to find here.
    I had a real nice one but i stepped on it once and snapped it in half!
  • Options
    so where do you get most of your tees beepbeep?
  • Options
    I guess alot of my teeshirts are of bands, these bands know that in general their fans hate tee's that are baggy looking, so they always come in a nice fit that hugs ones body(but looking at the lable a lot seem to be made my fruit of the loom, you could try and get some of their plain ones). In burton, their shirts are a very good fit..but not anything else. If you look in topman you can get fitted tee's, i think two for a tenner BUT be careful as they also have ones that are not fitted and sit like shit on ones body.

Oh and you can pick up an ARRAY of weird and wonderful buckles from the internet, or any alternative type shoppy in your area.

you could try hotornot. i guess..but thats just off the top of my head:)
  • Options
    You don't want one that hugs your body too much though. A nice comfortable fitted t-shirt can't be beaten for looks if worn right. And you can wear them casually or when out on the town.

I'd recommend Cult if you're looking for great t-shirts. Certainly not Topman.
  • Options
    I was in cult recently actually...some nice t-shirts, and not too expensive, not many in the right fit tho i have to say, didnt have a great range of sizes when i was in...i'll have to check it out again this weekend
  • Options
    Hmm, I usually have no problems with their fitting but there are lots of different brands in their so look around and find one that suits your own frame. Then you're on to a winner.
  • Options
    addicted7 wrote:
    You don't want one that hugs your body too much though. A nice comfortable fitted t-shirt can't be beaten for looks if worn right. And you can wear them casually or when out on the town.

I'd recommend Cult if you're looking for great t-shirts. Certainly not Topman.

cult dont do the best fit, usually expensive.

and topman do do ones that are a good fit, just few and far.
  • Options
    cult dont do the best fit, usually expensive.

Depends on your frame. Me, and many people I know find Cult has consistently good fit across a range of brands and styles. Expensive? Hardly, no more than most of the high-street outlets.

and topman do do ones that are a good fit, just few and far.

Most outlets will have at least a few ample fitting styles, you just have to look, so that can be said for almost everywhere.