Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hay fever

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Who gets this? I'm not sure what I've got is a touch of hay fever for a bit of a cold. Got a killer sore throat and tottaly stuffed up, don't feel ill like you do when you got a cold tho.

What made me think of it as hay fever is that I've only just came home from work and now I feel really bunged up, I was pretty much fine at work. Wher eI live there is tons of oil seed rape filed im full bloom as well.

Comments

• Options
    Could be hayever, i get it but its only started getting worse in the last couple of years. Tis an oribble fooker :) .
  • Options
    Are your eyes streaming? Are they inflamed and red?
  • Options
    Panthro wrote:
    Are your eyes streaming? Are they inflamed and red?

No.
  • Options
    to me it doesnt actually sound like hayfever, bcos your eyes arent streaming.
    Best thing to do is go to your GP, but it is hard to tell between a cold and hayfever, so maybe leave it a week. ive had cold where i had all of the physical symptoms, but none of the tiredness and run-down feeling, etc.
    SBG
  • Options
    Well if you are lucky like me, then you mgiht get a cold/flu while suffering from hayfever. Ugh. I swear life would be much more simple without a nose.

With my hayfever my face usually swells up, especially my eyes and they are so sore, but itch like a bitch at the same time, but everyone reacts differently, so if you are bothered of if it persists just pop down to your docs/pharmiscist.
  • Options
    you dont have to suffer all of the symptoms if you have hayfever, sometimes my eyes are fine and i just get the runny nose
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    MrG wrote:
    you dont have to suffer all of the symptoms if you have hayfever, sometimes my eyes are fine and i just get the runny nose

:yes:

Same with me. I get just a runny nose when it isn't that bad. When I get it full blown though I have a runny nose, streaming eyes, the lot.

Apparently Evening Primrose is good for hayfever. Not tried it myself, just what someone told me recently.

For me, the best way to clear it is one of those one a day tablets. I used to use Clarityne Allergy but not sure if they still make them. See your pharmacist and they will help you out :)
  • Options
    I can generally tell the difference between a cold and hayfever. With hayfever my nose feels more sort of stingy and itchy. I get hayfever quite badly some years. 2 years ago I had it really bad and had blood tests incase I was allergic to dogs (we have 2) but it turns out I have quite a bad allergy to grass. :thumb: