Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shrooms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well me mate wants to try them and we know a supplier, but I'm cautious as I haven't tried them before as to whether that person will be safe.

100 mushies for £5?

How many to take?

What effect will they have and will there be a come down?

How long will the trip last and how vivid will it be?

The mushrooms have been picked locally.

Comments

• Options
    Well the biggest and most obvious danger is whether they are the right mushrooms, given the season is totally wrong for outdoor mushrooms I would question where they are from.

100 for £5, prices flutuate so much with mushrooms its impossible to say a standard price but that seems fair.

There isnt a 'comedown' as such, the effect just wear off and you are left feeling a bit spaced and not totally sharp, mentally.

The effects will last about 4 or 5 hours, make sure you are in a safe and nice enviroment with people you trust.

In terms of dose, about 20 or 25 grams of wet mushrooms is probably a good starting dose. You can always take more if you want after about 45 mins.
  • Options
    Bongbudda's advice about environment is very important.

Get yourself tooled up in your living room (or mates bedroom, or wherever) with beanbags, mellow lighting, some groovy tunes and put some a comedy DVD on. If it's your first time, this lot should put you in the right mood.

I mention the above as it's important to try and cut out any factors which might add stress to the situation (if you get my meaning).

Remember that once the trip's started, you can't stop it. But don't get freaked out by this - it will stop eventually. The trick is to enjoy it and just roll with it.

Finally, if it's your first time, I'd not recommend going outside. Obviosuly some people do and are fine, but for just a general rule, it's best to stay in.

My mates did some for the first time a few weeks ago, enjoyed it, went outside, wandered aimlessly around the city, got back and realised that no-one had brought any keys. Stress levels rose and people started panicking a bit. In the end, one of them had to smash their front door window to get in...not something I'd wanna do on my first time!
  • Options
    ^^^^ haha

I could just imagine that.
  • Options
    i freaked out the last time i did shrooms...it definately depends on mood and environment...i knew that at the time but i thought it would be mad at the time also, basically i was on a comedown in my mates house who lives bout 20 miles from my house with no money...ha! when i finally got back to my house i was sure there was a media conspiracy against me while watching bbc news 24 and i was almost sure i made wales win the 6 nations grand slam... :shocking:
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    i was almost sure i made wales win the 6 nations grand slam... :shocking:

Oh well fucking done! You went for the wrong bloody team!! I'm holding you responsible now turlough! :p
  • Options
    Oh well fucking done! You went for the wrong bloody team!! I'm holding you responsible now turlough! :p

:blush: i'm gonna start playing rugby now (the whole 9 and a half stone of me) and get our title (which is rightfully ours) back....when was the last time we won it again btw :confused:
  • Options
    Well I'm glad to hear it, it's a start! The last time was something ridiculous like 1985 :-/
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The only bad experience I've had with drugs involved shrooms after a night on pills.
    Fucking properly flaked out in the highstreet in town and went down hard - my mates said I was convulsing.

Fly Agarics are best.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    how much shrooms would you be able to be in $20 USD???
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    WakeNBaker wrote:
    how much shrooms would you be able to be in $20 USD???

None now, it is illegal to sell fresh magic mushrooms. See theSite's article on Magic Mushrooms and the Law for more info.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Fly Agarics are still legal.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Indeed. It is the psilocin and psilocybin containing mushrooms that have become illegal for sale.
  • Options
    They should do that for cannabis really. Make it legal to grow but just illegal to sell the active ingredients (if they want it to be illegal at all) .
  • Options
    But then you would be in a similar situation to now, unlicenced and uncontroled growers producing unknown product and then selling it illegally to smokers.
  • Options
    yeah but the people who grow their own for personal use, wouldnt be commiting an offence.
  • Options
    Well me mate wants to try them and we know a supplier, but I'm cautious as I haven't tried them before as to whether that person will be safe.

100 mushies for £5?

How many to take?

What effect will they have and will there be a come down?

How long will the trip last and how vivid will it be?

The mushrooms have been picked locally.

100 mushies for a fiver - I wouldn't know, I bought mine from a shop. £15 for 30grams though...is shitty. But they're imported I guess.

I'd say start on 15 grams then take ten more if that doesn't work, and maybe a few more if you still don't get much effect (you probably will though).

Mushrooms on the come up may make you feel bloated so when you chew and swallow don't drink anything fizzy. They taste pretty rancid but they're worth it for an experience. When you're "up" they're pretty cool.

You feel slightly spaced out (in a different way to weed but neither good nor bad) you'll want to look at things and explore things - your curiosity will get the better of you (if you do it in a place like Erddig is fun, just remember to go up the road to get out, we were stuck for ages because us being high made us forget :|) and you'll probably feel very giggly. I was full out laughing for a hell of a lot of the time. You may find slight paranoia if you're not careful. Just don't think about that and ignore it.

I wouldn't say when you trip it's as vivid as say acid would be. You may feel spaced and a bit weird but you're still yourself enough to easily make informed decisions and the like. Don't worry about getting too strong a trip - just make sure you don't take too high a dose.

You come up around 40 minutes after you eat them - forget you've taken them and you'll notice when they kick in! I'd say you're up for around 4-6 hours but you can feel a little spaced still for a couple of hours after that. There is no comedown with mushrooms at all. You might get the shits a little if you eat too many though.

As for being locally picked, I hope your dealer knows his mushrooms because a lot of mushrooms that grow look similar to a highly poisonous one. That's why I bought mine from a shop.