Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Greasy Hair!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Help!

I've always had really oily hair and skin, in high school I would wash my hair every day but in the last few years (I'm nearly 20 now) it's calmed down a little bit

however, in the past few months (since I moved away to uni in cardiff) I've found its greasy every day, if I wash it in the evening the next day it will be flat and greasy by lunchtime! :grump: I have also found that washing it every day makes it static and frizzy, maybe the water is different round here because I never seemed to get that problem as much back home??

Any suggestions on how to keep it looking clean for longer? I use shampoo for greasy hair but it doesn't seem to make a difference...

xxx

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Don't use shampoo at all - just hot water.

I havn't used shampoo for years.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have quite long hair and it's really thick so need shampoo and conditioner to get it clean...

Hmm maybe the conditioner makes it greasy but if i don't use lots it goes super frizzy!!

Aaaarghh I can't win! :banghead:
    Have ya tried using a serum on it. that usually stops it being frizzy and static.
    try searching 'greasy hair' using thesite's search thingy, it's been done a lot.

washing your hair every day probably isn't helping. also avoid conditioner on your roots and only use on the ends. and if you're going to use serum, don't use on your roots - it will only make it worse.