Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

belly piercing gone bad??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i noticed earlier that my belly piercing has got a lump next to it, it looks really bad, im not realy sure what to do wit it? does anyone have anyideas? i dont want to take it out. i have had it in for 10 weeks.
here is a pic of what im on bout (ignore the fat belly)

Comments

• Options
    (ignore the fat belly)
    You've posted a picture of your belly and then told us to ignore it? :confused:

Show it to your GP when you tell her about the joint pains thing.
  • Options
    Have you been washing it often? Like, with salt water? Or maybe you can try a special sort of cream? Look in the chemists, or go to the docs.
  • Options
    Ah, don't worry, that lump shouldn't cause too much trouble and shouldn't force you to retire your piercing; it's a common problem, and can be gotten rid of.

Here's some info taken from one of my favourite piercing info sites:
    8) My piercing has a pink bump on it, what can i do?

Ok a question we get asked a lot and have to deal with is "I have a lump on my piercing what is it and how do I get rid of it and will my ear (or whatever) fall off…". I can now tell you no your body part shouldn’t fall off – lol.
    Ok lets look at what the lump is, there are lots of lumps and bumps that can occur when body piercing is concerned, most people think a lump on a piercing is a keloid or have keloid scarring, these are not as common as everyone thinks the most common lump is called a “granuloma” which is a solid grouping of inflammatory cells coming together in a lump or solid structure - the process of it is called granulation – this is where new connective tissue and tiny blood vessels that form on the surfaces of a wound during the healing process caused by a stapp (staphylococcus aureus) infection and really need to be treated rather than left..They usually appear when the piercing has been knocked, banged, irritated, messed about with.
    They are nothing really to worry about obviously it would be better if they didnt occur but we all know shit happens!

If you have been to see the doctor about it you need, to use oral flucloxacillin AND fucidin 2% cream to ensure the stapph dont become resistant. A lot of the time the doctors will not perscribe both so opt for the fucidin. Try the hot compress for one week and dont miss a day, if there is no change go and see your GP with medication you should clear the lump in about 1 week.
    Other things that will help are..
    1) The hot compress
    These are a little boring but really effective!! Take a peace of strong kitchen roll and rip it up into 8 equal size bits then fold them up into little squares. Take a cup of boiling salt water as described in the aftercare section (1/2 tea spoon of salt to 1 cup of boiling water). Dip in one of your bits of kitchen roll into the water (you should do this as hot as you can manage without burning yourself) then press it against the lump keep it there until it goes cool then discard the kitchen paper. Dip the next one in and repeat until you have used all 8 of your bits. Do it every night for one week (if you have time and patience do it twice a day one in the morning and one at night) but its very important not to miss a day or you will have to start all over again.

2) Vitamin E
    You can buy vitamin E oil or cream from lots of different places such as health stores. Take a Q tip and dip it in the vitamin E and lather it over the bump.
    Vitamin E is very good for skin repair and its what your body uses to heal skin. If you use the oil / cream 2 to 3 times a day.

If at any point you are worried go see your piercer or doctor, they will be more than happy to help although i will mention a lot of doctors do not like body piercing and they will just tell you to remove the piercing JUST SAY NO as you need to heal the problem before you remove the jewellery.

Ilora x
  • Options
    mine did exactly the same thing. It took ages but it went down eventually. Just try not to catch it or make it sore and keep it clean.
  • Options
    Could be some type of cyst. I had one in my ear, but i popped it. I wouldn't recommend that though, it really hurt! And then there was the bleeding..

P.S fat belly? What fat belly?