Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Plaits

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Inspired by Sara Cox onRadio One earlier, she had plaited pigtails in her hair and was asking if she was too old to wear them in her hair, think she said she was 28. So how old is too old to wear plaits and do you wear them?

I'm 22 and wear them in my hair I would probably say late 30's would be too old but not sure.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I dont think there is really a age limit for plaits becasue they're cool when you've got bushy hair hides it lol
    i have them some times but mainly if im doing cleaning etc..
    but i dont like plaits in really long hair.
    Personally I think that pigtails and plaits should be reserved for the under 12's. Can't stand young women in plaits, looks so childish. :yuck:

Ilora x
    id say 8....maybe 7
    It is really rare that I have my hair in plaits-usually a last minute solution to getting up late and needing to wash my hair but not having enough time to dry it. I don't think there is a particular age you should stop at though-do what you like with your hair.
    Ha. I pig tail my hair for work most of the time, it gets it out of the way and i don't really like pony tails. No ones ever said anything, although i probabley won't be doing that when i'm like 30 ir anything.

I actually have two pigtails in now, woo :p
    If it's one braid, then it's ok. Two of them is not.
    Well she can do what she likes, but I wouldn't wear two braids.