Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Testicles rise in cold - annoying

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When having sex and in the cold my testicles rise back into my body.

Once up there if they get pressure (from her or a surfboard) it hurts like hell.

This means I can't do what I want - I can't surf and have sex the way I like.

What can be done about it? I've thought about wearing a cockring or ball spreader (search images.google.com for what I mean), but I'm not confident enough to wear that in the water.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What exactly do you mean by 'into your body'?

The skin of the scrotum should always tighten in the cold and also during arousal - that's just how it works. The testes have to be kept at a temperature just below body temperature in order to make sperms. In hot weather (or in the bath etc etc), the scrotum will relax to cool the testes, and in cold weather (or in the North sea) the scrotum will contract.

However, if you are saying that your testicles actually rise into your abdomen (as opposed to just being drawn closer), then you may want to be reassured by your GP that all is well.

Retractile testicles - Info
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks so much, that link is the first information I've seen on the net specifically sports related :)

Yes, they rise when surfing. It's fine, transvestites do this on purpose as do sumo westlers so I'm told.

Hopefully something like this might help: http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?product_id=BOB-231316&brand=Bruno+Banani&src=foukpu20042005&cookied=23%2F04%2F2005+14%3A22%3A36

There's a cavity behind my testicles. If I could block that mode of entry safely that would do it.
    I don't mind them rising, it just that when they're fully slipping in and out of that cavity it's uncomfortable, and when they're inside they've got no where to go to if they get knocked.

I found this was dangerous when surfing. They were up and my body went up and slapped back down so that my balls were smacked against the surfboard. But when your balls are inside you and that happens it's a 100 times worse. Of course I felt like I'd been kicked in the nuts and lost control of my board. Fortunately the waves weren't too big but it could have been dangerous.

I guess I might have to construct something myself to help. I have an idea in my head, I'm just not sure how to make it quite yet.