Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Psychoactive Chemist Jailed for 20 years...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Erowid Link to earlier published research
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/southern_counties/4474401.stm

This man has just been jailed for 20 years for producing 'large quantities' of LSD, as well as other chemicals such as 2CB, DMT and LSD.

After sentancing he shouted, '20 years, terrorists only get 13, thanks for your love and compassion'.

Now i wont venture much of an opinion here, save to say that if anything the sentancing was obscenely harsh, smacks very highly of example making.

What do you think? (edit1: i would advise wider reading outside the BBC article on this one as the reporting in this case has been shockingly shoddy and very onesided, glossing over the fact that whatever you may think about the outcome, he did make a political case and statement. The BBC report comes of as if this was just another drugs racket)

(edit2: definately Google this guy, he has many refferences to his research into particularly 2C-T-7)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the A TEAM are needed to break this man out of jail!
    no one went to jail for the thalidomide drugs problem.
    no one goes to jail for the dreadful side effects ...sometimes including death ...of legaly available drugs.
    no of course not...

While i acknowledge that within the current legal framework this person DID break the law and in some very profound ways, the social problems this man unleashed pale in comparison to some of the other lenient sentances that are imposed for running crack rackets.

20 years? thats a fucking joke.
    That's ridiculous but then again the law is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from perfect :yeees:
    20 years fuck! that's a long time with no LSD or DMT for our chemist friend, good luck is all i say.

He shouldn't have been sent to jail, he should have been allowed to continue to produce lots of LSD that i could have ate. :D
    ridiculous sentence...let the world experience joy...
    I might not agree with the legal framework at the moment, but working on the principal of the law as exists at present it is still completely unreal.

Freinds of the defendant claimed they were not shocked by the verdict but by the sentance for a man with no history of violence or involvement with violent criminal gangs.

The BBC report ran roughshod over this and simply refferred to him as a 'Drugs villian'...with the monumental esteem in which i usually hold the beeb i am far from pleased about this... i feel a letter writing coming on...
    Although the BBC are relatively liberal on some things their reporting of drugs stories is normally a bit off.

I have writen to them in the past about their reporting of GHB stories where they have obviously gotten their facts right from the scare stories coming from the US.

20 years isnt, sadly, a surprising sentance given the number of doses we are talking about. Remember in terms of the law LSD and heroin are one and the same, this many doses of heroin would have gotten this sentance.

All the more reason that the hallucinogens should not be in the same class as heroin/cocaine.
    As a drug user, I agree that the current law framework is flawed, etc etc.

However, as nice and guy as he may have been, and as 'harmless' as he may have been, he still knew the risks of setting up a methlab in his back yard. He knew the risks whilst he was in the US, too.

*I shrug*
    He was a bit above the usual meth cook, he was making LSD, pretty much the hardest thing to do on the illegal drug market.

Except maybe 2-T-C7 but that hardly has a huge following.
    When I said methlab, I didn't really mean specifically meth - I was more interested in the 'lab' bit. :)
    then remove the uninteresting 'meth' participal :D
    I wouldnt say meth is uninteresting, just not strictly relevant to this case.
    Jeez guys....I thought I was the pedant.... ;)
    Ignore Martin, he's a student so he likes to use long words and try and look smart.
    Marmalade.

That's a long word.

Can I join the pedant club now?

;)
    You will have to ask Martin, he's the one who is really pedantic.

I'm just keen on accuracy, there is a difference.
    20 years for helping people feel a little better every now and then is a fucking joke while murderers, muggers and rapists, people who strive to make other people's existences more miserable get lesser sentences? That's a fucking travesty of justice. Just another example of the killjoy society in which we live. I'm not a pinko bolshevik but if you think about it that way, it doesn't make a damn bit of sense.
    Justice is Blind.

Yes this man is probably peaceful and probably most of the drugs he was producing wouldnt have caused much harm. But thats not really the point, the law is the law.

Ethics and morality are nice and all but in real terms they dont mean a great deal.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    bongbudda wrote:
    You will have to ask Martin, he's the one who is really pedantic.

I'm just keen on accuracy, there is a difference.
    You will have to explain the difference to me one of these days Bong...
    LadyJade wrote:
    You will have to explain the difference to me one of these days Bong...

I'm not sure I entirely like your tone there LadyJade.

Accuracy is making sure that the facts and advice given out here is right, true and the best it can be.

However, Martin seems to like using long words and arguing over the exact meaning of certain sentances. This I believe is done more for the enjoyment of arguing than to move the boards and their content forwards.

That is the difference.
    :D i love you guys :D
    :D I love you guys :D

I corrected the capitalisation of the I for you Martin.
    you are special
    You are special

I presume you meant to say.
    YeAh ThAts WhAt I meANT SiLly Me
    YeAh ThAts WhAt I meANT SiLly Me

And you wonder why people don't take you seriously when you use long words.
    Says the man with Carol Vorderman as his avatar.
    I've explained about that, its Jim's fault for not having a sense of humour, I can't say I really notice it anymore though.

In a while I might remove it.
    bongbudda wrote:
    I'm not sure I entirely like your tone there LadyJade.
    That is rather unfortunate for you Bong, isn't it... Oh, and thanks for clearing that up :yeees:
    bongbudda wrote:
    I've explained about that, its Jim's fault for not having a sense of humour...
    Well if you will be slanderous towards the moderators, who have a reputation to uphold, then you can't expect them to be happy about it....