Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Differing reactions to weed

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    LadyJade was that to me?

Thanks for those who replied to my question...this thread seems to have turned into a general weed debate but that's fine by me :)

Cheers guys.
  • Options
    aargh; Can I ask you if you have also given up tobacco at the same time? I'm presuming you roll up with some tobacco because most people do.

A lot of the 'withdrawl' people can get from stopping weed is linked into the need for the nicotine too.

You could get yourself a few packs of that nicotine gum or something, it might help. Just a thought.

As for giving up, cannabis is habitual, and if that habit is years long then being without it is going to be hard. But it will fade more and more as time goes on.

However, I would point out that if your only reason for giving up is the health aspect you could treat yourself to an oral dose once in a while, that comes with next to no health concerns.
  • Options
    i will have a look at that website and see if i can pick up any giving up tips.
    i haven't stopped smoking cigs yet. i don't think my family could cope with the nuclear fallout!
    my plan is to stop the weed, then get nicotine patches/gum to help me give up cigs in the next couple of months, but i feel like i need some sort of smoky crutch.oooer missus.
    thanks for the advice tho'
    much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    StupidGirl wrote:
    LadyJade was that to me?

:no: it was to the poster called aaargh!! How rude do you think I am??!?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    bongbudda wrote:
    aargh; Can I ask you if you have also given up tobacco at the same time? I'm presuming you roll up with some tobacco because most people do.

A lot of the 'withdrawl' people can get from stopping weed is linked into the need for the nicotine too.

You could get yourself a few packs of that nicotine gum or something, it might help. Just a thought.

As for giving up, cannabis is habitual, and if that habit is years long then being without it is going to be hard. But it will fade more and more as time goes on.

However, I would point out that if your only reason for giving up is the health aspect you could treat yourself to an oral dose once in a while, that comes with next to no health concerns.

Yes, Tobacco will make it harder, I still want a fag from time to time although I haven't smoked one in a good while now. I only do pot pure now. :)

Although, all habits like this are hard to quit. Especially if you smoked it that regularly.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    LadyJade wrote:
    aaargh, you might want to have a look on the Know Cannabis website, they have lots of interactive programmes and tips on what might work for you - good luck with it!

Hehe when I saw "Order Form" on that site... I was like :thumb:.

Shame you can't...
  • Options
    aaargh wrote:
    ok this is my first post so be nice. :flirt:
    i have been smoking dope for 15 years now (every day, about an oz every 8-10 days) ;)
    previous to this i have always been around people who smoked it ( mum, dad uncles etc).yes i was a child of the 70's :crazyeyes . one of my first memories is sitting in a room full of smoke with dark side of the moon playing! i think i was about 5. so as far as i was concerned hash had always been and always would be a part of my life until....

a couple of weeks ago the hubby took me to paris, and romantically told me how he didn't want me to die of cancer through smoking Js with no filter. my immediate reaction was " i can get those plastic filters instead of using a roach" he just looked at me. i knew then that i had a bad habit and it was just going to get worse.
    so when we got back i went from smoking around 5-6 spliffs a day to just 1 before bedtime. on sunday i smoked the last of my stash. it is now tuesday and i seem to be dealing with it ok. i can sleep at night but i'm having these really vivid freaky dreams!
    my hubster gave it up 3 years ago when he started getting these pains in his head every time he got stoned ( every day), and ever since he's been getting on at me to stop.
    i was never one of these stoners who got so monged they couldn't function or go out, but if the choice was going to the park with the kids or having a spliff, guess which won.
    i don't really know what i'm rabbling on about , but all i do know is that

I REALLY WANT A SPLIFF NOW.!!!

i can't get any where i live cos we only moved here a year ago, and all my new mates are mums at my daughters school, which means to get any i would have to drive a 55 mile round trip, not something i would be able to cover with " i'm just popping to the shops"

i do want to give up, but ..... y'know

if it's the guilt about the amount of smoke you're inhaling...get a vapouriser.
  • Options
    Somtimes when i've smoked alot i get a pain in my chest, like your hearts going to explode or stop, it's a wierd feeling, anyone experience anything like this?
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    Somtimes when i've smoked alot i get a pain in my chest, like your hearts going to explode or stop, it's a wierd feeling, anyone experience anything like this?

yeh i get that...i think cannabis speedens your heart rate up...you get an irregular heart beat aswell which is quite scary...another one of the reasons why i've practically stopped smoking it...
  • Options
    gordon bennet you people smoke some shit.
    but ...you have to remember that our scientists and their technology still cant figure out how a spliff tonight can relex you and pamper you ...a spliff the night before from the same bag had you buzzing around the place ...
    and then tommorow night ...it acts as both a stimulant and a relaxent at the same time!
    if their great minds can't figure it out or copy it ...what chanvce ours?
  • Options
    gordon bennet you people smoke some shit.
    but ...you have to remember that our scientists and their technology still cant figure out how a spliff tonight can relex you and pamper you ...a spliff the night before from the same bag had you buzzing around the place ...
    and then tommorow night ...it acts as both a stimulant and a relaxent at the same time!
    if their great minds can't figure it out or copy it ...what chanvce ours?

great minds are only defined by their applaud and reputation...i'd say i'm a great mind to a degree and so are you rolly...just unknowns in a world of marketed hysteria...i think the answer though might have something to do with chemical reactions in the brain that could determine mood...but we'll never understand the brain properly...i mean, at the pinacle of medicine, what do we do to help people with mental problems, fill them full of pills, i thought pills where bad for you, or is that only MDMA, that's a totally different ball park altogether innit, extrovertise my life please...
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    great minds are only defined by their applaud and reputation...i'd say i'm a great mind to a degree and so are you rolly...just unknowns in a world of marketed hysteria...i think the answer though might have something to do with chemical reactions in the brain that could determine mood...but we'll never understand the brain properly...i mean, at the pinacle of medicine, what do we do to help people with mental problems, fill them full of pills, i thought pills where bad for you, or is that only MDMA, that's a totally different ball park altogether innit, extrovertise my life please...
    i could do with some of that shit you smoke. :)
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i could do with some of that shit you smoke. :)

ha i don't do drugs anymore... just a bit of a nutter like
  • Options
    ok its been a couple of weeks now since i had a joint. :banghead:
    problem is i haven't seen any of my spliffy mates since then, and am starting to feel a bit out of the loop if you know what i mean.
    i have been avoiding seeing them, but i still phone them and vice versa.
    most of them have been really supportive, but 1 mate in particular seems to revel in the fact that i'm not smoking anymore and when i phone she will say, mmmmm just sparking up a fat 1 or hold on just need to put the roach in.
    she keeps asking me when i'm coming over and promising she will get a bag of skunk for me. its really pissing me off, i can't not phone her or see her cos she owes me £300, and i sometimes think that she is doing it on purpose to fall out with me and not pay me back, or am i being paranoid?

mmmmmmmmm i do want one tho'.
    just a little one couldn't hurt could it?
  • Options
    [PHP]just a little one couldn't hurt could it?[/PHP]

Of course not
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Depends on how you feel about it and how serious you are about giving it up....
  • Options
    i think i will leave it for another week and see how i feel then.(aren't i good?)
    if i really want one then i'll go get some.
  • Options
    coverin your tracks eh ;)