Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Differing reactions to weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    It depends a lot on dose and on the ratio of active compounds in the cannabis which you are smoking.

More THC and less CBD will have the happy giggly high which you want, and the other way around will produce the sedative effect you described.

Oh and eating something really sugery might help.
  • Options
    StupidGirl wrote:
    OK...I am a very occasional weed smoker, which possibly explains the naivety of this question so I'm sorry if it seems a little dense. I was just wondering if there's any way of guaranteeing what your reaction to smoking weed is. For example, the other week I smoked some with my b/f and we both ended up with the giggles, which was really fun. Other times I have experienced a really warm snuggly feeling...also good. But then today, it's just made me feel really drowsy and like I can't be arsed which is annoying as I'm meant to be going out later and don't feel like it now! Does it just depend on your mood at the time, or surroundings? Is it just the luck of the draw (and no I did not intend that awful pun). Or is it something to do with the type of weed you smoke? Basically I was just wondering if there's anything I can do in the future to ensure I get the giggliness/happiness...or if that's just wishful thinking.

Depends on your mood largely and the surroundings etc...although there isn't much you can do to avoid feeling monged after smoking.
  • Options
    i always find if i just have a few puffs i get quite high, whereas several joints mong me out......that's the problem with me and weed, i always want more........being monged is nice sometimes tho, like at the end of a long day.
  • Options
    no there is no way at all.
    the same bag of dope ...the same doses everytime ...totaly unpredictable.
    the only chance of any semblance of mood altered control ...is to smoke tiny ammounts ...and then some more.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    While we're on the topic...

I have a teeny weeny bit of weed that I've had for aaaages, can I just stick it in a bit of (already made) cake and ingest it?

yes.
  • Options
    or just (if its green) wrap it in a rizla and swallow.

If its resin try grating it into a fine powder before ingesting. Wouldnt personally reccomend eating Solid but there we go.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I wouldn't actually recommend smoknig solid either, so :p.

Reactions depend upon YOU, surroundings, mood, have you eaten recently, ammount smoked, etc.

When you smoke alot, you really do get rather monged. Hehe.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I wouldn't actually recommend smoknig solid either, .
    the best green never comes near the best solid.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:heart::heart:

Roffle. I might buy some weed....all of this talk is making me crave it :yum:

Remember....always say no to rocky/solid!
  • Options
    Roffle. I might buy some weed....all of this talk is making me crave it :yum:

Remember....always say no to rocky/solid!
    always say no to soap bar i think you mean.
    there is now indian soapbar as well as african!
  • Options
    always say no to soap bar i think you mean.
    there is now indian soapbar as well as african!

And, are either even worth bothering with really? Its worth going to extra price and buying green always, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    And, are either even worth bothering with really? Its worth going to extra price and buying green always, in my opinion.
    at the moment thats true only because there is so little real quality solid around but ...top quality resin blows top green away.
    trouble is ...few of you have had the pleasure of the best resins available in the world ...resins which used to be widely available as the norm some years back.
  • Options
    Yeah, British green is shit compared to what you can buy in Holland.

It seems us folks in the UK tend to get fobbed off. I've been thinking of making my own resin having read a few online guides, I figure hwne I grab my own flat... Anyone here tried it?
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    oooo... you're in Manchester.... :flirt:

Well if you like we can meet up and have a chong sometime :)

I might decide to do that tomorrow. Will PM you my number if you're interested :hyper:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    That is a discussion that you should not be having on these boards Chaos, you should know better.....
  • Options
    the best green never comes near the best solid.

i concur.

that attitude pisses me off no end, no end.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Yeah, British green is shit compared to what you can buy in Holland.

It seems us folks in the UK tend to get fobbed off. I've been thinking of making my own resin having read a few online guides, I figure hwne I grab my own flat... Anyone here tried it?

www.pot-tv.net

and then start talking kiddo :)
  • Options
    god knows what chemicals are in soapbar..along with stones and tesco shopping bags...
  • Options
    i concur.

that attitude pisses me off no end, no end.
    tis simple ignorance born sadly from experience.
  • Options
    ah, indeed.

such is it with most things.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    god knows what chemicals are in soapbar..along with stones and tesco shopping bags...

soapbar is better than no soapbar.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    That is a discussion that you should not be having on these boards Chaos, you should know better.....

Really? Sorry...which rule was I breaking?
  • Options
    or just (if its green) wrap it in a rizla and swallow.

i thought you only get the affects of THC when its heated? (like when you smoke it) - so surely just eating it wouldnt work?

or am i wrong.
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:
    am i wrong.
    yes.
  • Options
    ok this is my first post so be nice. :flirt:
    i have been smoking dope for 15 years now (every day, about an oz every 8-10 days) ;)
    previous to this i have always been around people who smoked it ( mum, dad uncles etc).yes i was a child of the 70's :crazyeyes . one of my first memories is sitting in a room full of smoke with dark side of the moon playing! i think i was about 5. so as far as i was concerned hash had always been and always would be a part of my life until....

a couple of weeks ago the hubby took me to paris, and romantically told me how he didn't want me to die of cancer through smoking Js with no filter. my immediate reaction was " i can get those plastic filters instead of using a roach" he just looked at me. i knew then that i had a bad habit and it was just going to get worse.
    so when we got back i went from smoking around 5-6 spliffs a day to just 1 before bedtime. on sunday i smoked the last of my stash. it is now tuesday and i seem to be dealing with it ok. i can sleep at night but i'm having these really vivid freaky dreams!
    my hubster gave it up 3 years ago when he started getting these pains in his head every time he got stoned ( every day), and ever since he's been getting on at me to stop.
    i was never one of these stoners who got so monged they couldn't function or go out, but if the choice was going to the park with the kids or having a spliff, guess which won.
    i don't really know what i'm rabbling on about , but all i do know is that

I REALLY WANT A SPLIFF NOW.!!!

i can't get any where i live cos we only moved here a year ago, and all my new mates are mums at my daughters school, which means to get any i would have to drive a 55 mile round trip, not something i would be able to cover with " i'm just popping to the shops"

i do want to give up, but ..... y'know
  • Options
    well if i smoked every day for 15 years i reckon it would be hard to give it up...i practically smoked daily there for 3 years and just ended up getting those sore heads your hubby got...haven't smoked it in a good wee while and yea i get vivid dreams aswell...just think of your health and how much longer you're gonna live now that you're off it...maybe do some exercise or play sport to get your mind of it...but i know...easier said than done...good luck anyway :thumb:
  • Options
    Yea i know what you mean aaargh, people say it's not addictive, mentally it certainly is and i'm sure most smokers, even if they used to smoke it would agree with me.

Vivid dreams are another wierd thing, whenever i was on a break i could sleep fine but was having very wierd dreams as well, as vivid as i actually thought i was there.

It gets easier after a while, after the first while you don't think about smoking as much, if you occupy your time with other things it's even easier.

Don't worry, you'll have my pity when i spark this bowl up. ;)
  • Options
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    Really? Sorry...which rule was I breaking?
    Have a look at the Drugs Board Rules and tell me that arranging to go and engage in illegal activity with another board user doesn't fall in there somewhere. :yeees:
  • Options
    aaargh, you might want to have a look on the Know Cannabis website, they have lots of interactive programmes and tips on what might work for you - good luck with it!