Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

The S*n supports Blair

I'm surprised 'nobody' has started a thread over this already... ;)

So the Scum has gone and declared its support for Labour once more. This despite a clear flirtation with Michael Howard regarding immigration, tax and gypsy wars.

I think it all simply comes down to the fact that the S*n likes to support a winning horse. In 1997 it was clear as rain that the Tories were going to lose so like a rat abandoning a sinking ship the 'paper' switched allegiance to Labour. It declared early for Labour in 2001 as well. This time round it was undecided for one reason only: for a while it looked as if the Tories had a chance. Like someone was saying in the Guardian the other week- and has he been proved right!- the decision on who the S*n would support would not be taken until Murdoch takes a good look at all the opinion polls and a likely winner becomes apparent.

Because we all know how the 'rag' likes to claim that "It was the S*n wot won it"- even though it is absolute bollocks, even in 1992 IMO.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Awesome paper, right decision as well.
    Yeh Piers Morgan was on This Week last night and he was saying how Murdoch always liked to back a winner so it looks like the Sun shapes public opinion rather than just follows it.
    I normally loath the paper, but I did kind of like their front page, the red smoke coming from the chimney, seemed a nice touch to me.
    Speaking of smoke, I was looking at the front pages this morning and the S*n had Richard Littledick "fuming" (geddit?) at the paper's desition to blow red smoke and support Labour.

Sadly Littledick's rant is nowhere to be found online. Could anyone who buys that organ tell us what he's saying? :D
    Aladdin wrote:
    Sadly Littledick's rant is nowhere to be found online. Could anyone who buys that organ tell us what he's saying? :D

But then they would have to admit to actually spending money on that rag.
    Well Felix says the paper is awesome so I presume he wouldn't be ashamed to admit he's bought a copy ;)
    It amazes me how selective peoples memories are. How quickly the Labour voters forgot about Iraq - that dreadful misguided war (crime). I sincerely hope the Blairite government one-day pays for this.
    Do you seriously think a tory government would have acted differently over Iraq?
    The truth is not that many people care about the war anymore, whether it was legal or not is too complex for most and everyone knew Sadam wasnt a nice bloke.
    Blagsta wrote:
    Do you seriously think a tory government would have acted differently over Iraq?

No, they supported it. But to be fair they said they would not have acted on such dodgy advice. or somthing.
    No, they supported it. But to be fair they said they would not have acted on such dodgy advice. or somthing.

"or something" LOL! :D
    I wonder what bill Murdoch will present to Phoney Blair for the Sun's support. He'll be making demands once the election is out of the way and Phoney is esconced once more.
    He's already made many demands sadly. Luckily most of them have been ignored. However Murdoch has won in issues such as his "right" to buy Channel 5 if he wants so.

I'd ignore the fat bastard at any rate. The S*n's claims that it has the power to win and lose elections for people are laughable.
    rich kid, what is your obsessonwith calling him phoney blair
    Aladdin wrote:

He's arguing that Blair doesn't deserve another chance, and lists the reasons why. I can't remember what he said about the Tories, but then I didn't read it too deeply- the newsagent gets a bit shitty when you read a paper on the shelf ;)
    MrG wrote:
    To me it sums up the man - a complete phoney even in Labour party terms.
    MrG wrote:

It is fair enough really, I always put S*n, same principle..........
    So as not to annoy people, thats the last thing I want to do, I'll try and use the word Phoney sparingly in the last couple of days I'll be posting on here (until I get back).