Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Berlusconi quits!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
According to the BBC News ticker, Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi has announced he will resign.

Reactions, anyone?

Mine is - thank fuck for that! Of all the corrupt, dishonest leaders in Europe, Silvio Berlusconi is about the worst. Italy deserves a better Prime Minister than him.

Comments

• Options
    Ibex wrote:
    According to the BBC News ticker, Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi has announced he will resign
    On the orders of the Pope?
  • Options
    SCORE!
  • Options
    Rich Kid wrote:
    On the orders of the Pope?

Perhaps Mr Ratzinger has threatened him with excommunication if he doesn't piss off and take his corrupt government with him! :D
  • Options
    One of the most unpleasant, bigoted, nasty and corrupt leaders in the world (and arguably the biggest in Europe) will be gone.

Hooray!
  • Options
    not in fact.

gutted.
  • Options
    No, apparently he's going to form a new government and struggle through til next year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4464865.stm

Bugger. :(
  • Options
    Interesting story to start with but its turned into a bit of an anti-climax.
  • Options
    One of the most unpleasant, bigoted, nasty and corrupt leaders in the world

Is there any right-wing leader/party/person in the world you dont class as "bigoted"??? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Except that berlusconi actually IS.
  • Options
    his name reminds me of a dessert or something
  • Options
    On a related note, I find it amazing that France managed to have the final stage of its 2002 presidential elections between a Rascist and a Crook in Le Pen & Chirac. Politics eh?
  • Options
    thing is, as long as chirac is in office they cant start investigating him properly
  • Options
    Tommo100 wrote:
    Is there any right-wing leader/party/person in the world you dont class as "bigoted"??? :confused::confused:
    Yes. Many. Khol, Chirac, Heath, and anyone who is not in the habit to persecute foreigners, non-whites, homosexuals and/or any other such groups.
  • Options
    Did you know he's the longest leader Italy has had since the Second World War. All of 5 whole years!

Says a lot about Italian politics if you ask me.
  • Options
    bb your ladyboy av scares me.........reminds me of that dude from the salon who does the tresemme ads........erghhh.
  • Options
    Not that surprising since he also happens to own all Italian televised media and can thus control precisely what he wants the majority of the public to know. Sadly it takes quite some time and consistent effort by those who actually care about holding their governments accountable to awaken a sufficient majority of any nations' sheeple.

At least the Italians arent as pacified overall as a culture as my own nation's public has long been. Don't expect to see the same cracks appearing in the solidly constructed aparatus of institutionalised criminality found in Washington anytime soon.
  • Options
    Not that surprising since he also happens to own all Italian televised media and can thus control precisely what he wants the majority of the public to know. Sadly it takes quite some time and consistent effort by those who actually care about holding their governments accountable to awaken a sufficient majority of any nations' sheeple.

He apparently complained on a popular talk show recently that the press and TV was "controled by the Left" and many people laughed.

Oh, and for those wondering my AV was changed by Jim V because I called him a "monster stonner".
  • Options
    Didn;t they have 9 differnet PMs during the 90s?
  • Options
    Hrrumph, it would be so nice if he would crawl back under the stone he came out from under....
  • Options
    It would be even nicer if we could watch him indicted and sentenced to a lengthy prison term for his wanton corruption.
  • Options
    What, like the last one?
  • Options
    el_dude wrote:
    On a related note, I find it amazing that France managed to have the final stage of its 2002 presidential elections between a Rascist and a Crook in Le Pen & Chirac. Politics eh?
    And how do you know?
  • Options
    because it was in the news you twit

le pen = french version of bnp