Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

cannabis education march and festival may 15

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You are cordially invited to attend, and be involved in
A Cannabis Education March & Rally
London Sunday May 15th, 2005, 1-7pm.

Assemble 1pm @ RUSSELL SQUARE, WC1 for 'cannabis carnival' march departing 2pm through central London to rally with speakers at a major Central London Venue to be confirmed.

A 'Cannabis Education March & Rally' is being planned in aid of the greater understanding of cannabis and cannabis prohibition, and addressing the concerns of the public.
Cannabis Education: expert speakers have been invited to speak at the rally on topics including; 'skunk', cannabis harm reduction, medical cannabis, mental health and cannabis, 'amotivation', nutrition, and the science of cannabis. Other issues to be covered include the cost of prohibition, drug testing at work and school, driving under the influence, dangers of 'soap bar' and sniffer dogs. Also invited are growers, campaigners, political and spiritual representatives, plus individuals from many walks of life. Political speakers invited include representatives from all the main parties, plus the Legalise Cannabis Alliance which has 25 candidates standing in the upcoming general election, and several speakers from the Green Party.

Cannabis Culture: musicians, comedians, poets and artists will all be represented. Free hemp tea will be available.

Speakers confirmed so far: Roger Warren Evans (barrister, Liberty), Dennis Peron (leading Californian medical cannabis reformer), Peter Tatchell (Outrage), George Melly (jazz musician), Mark Gibson (thc4ms), Tony Taylor (medicinal cannabis expert and practitioner), editor Cannabis Community Newz, Patricia Tabram (the Cannabis Grandma), David Crane (editor Hempire news), Andy Cornwell (lawyer), Richard Parry (lawyer), Will Rogers (writer & expert on organic skunk), Jeff Ditchfield (medical cannabis expert), Helen Addis (carer/campaigner), Steve Pank (CLCA), Alun Buffry (coordinator Legalise Cannabis Alliance), Don Barnard (LCA candidate standing against Charles Clark (Home Sec) in Norwich), Shane Collins (Green Party Drugs Group), Lee Harris (founder Home Grown magazine), Winston Matthews (LCA, Ceredigion, Wales), Chris Baldwin (medical cannabis campaigner/LCA), John Allin (glaucoma patient and medical cannabis user), Damian Bernard (arthritis sufferer), Tony Allen (comedian and long term cannabis user who's quit), SENCE and the Urban Prophets, plus many more to be announced.

Cannabis Information: medical cannabis, 'smoke free', campaigning, recreational and hemp 'cannabis education zones', with information stalls and a chance to meet the experts.

The 'People's Commission of Inquiry on Cannabis' - The British Government's 'Drugs Bill' now passing through Parliament, outlines plans for a 'Commission of Inquiry into the Effects and Classification of Cannabis'. This is something many have called for over many years. To contribute towards the success of the government's inquiry, a 'People's Commission of Enquiry on Cannabis' will be launched on at the rally on May 15th, to collect evidence from all sides and 'research the research'. This information will be submitted to the Government Commission as evidence for their consideration, to ensure they do not miss anything. It will also be published. All interested parties are invited to contribute.

Cannabis Education Research Trust statement:
Cannabis should not be used as a political football. Its treatment in society should be decided in a rational and informed manner. This event aims to contribute in both those directions .
The cannabis issue is not only about 'How safe is cannabis?', but also raises the question; 'How dangerous is cannabis prohibition?'. Both issues need to be seriously addressed.

The progress towards de facto 'decriminalisation' of simple possession of cannabis in Britain ('Class 'C') is to be welcomed, but is clearly not the full solution, because it fails to fully safe guard public health.

Instead of a return to 'Class B' as some are calling for, the only safe solution is the lifting of cannabis prohibition, to be replaced by the establishment of legal regulation of quality and distribution, just like any other consumer product.

Anything less fails to protect the public, especially the young and vulnerable, from the serious health and social problems associated with cannabis prohibition.

The solution is a 'new deal for cannabis':
• The lifting of cannabis prohibition to allow freedom for the growing, licensed sale, and safe social or medical use of cannabis in Britain.

• Quality controls & Health & Safety Regulations as with any other product to protect consumers.

• Distribution through licensed premises and non-profit cannabis buyer's cooperatives & clubs, plus the right to 'grow your own'.

• An immediate release of all cannabis prisoners and clearing of all cannabis criminal records.

Safe Use, Not Prohibition - The Right to Choose Your Own Medicine - Great Plant, Crazy Law
Cannabis Education March & Rally, Central London. Sunday 15th May 2005.
1-7pm. Everyone invited.

Comments

• Options
    If you're going to post SPAM you could at least stay and discuss it.
  • Options
    im here, on and off

btw, sorry for the spam, but i kinda thought it might interest fold here, and it aint like anyones making any money
  • Options
    Mr Jim Valentine, Where Are You?!?!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    As Johnny V has asked permission to post this thread here, and as he is not connected with the organisation of the rally in any way, I have ok'd it to stay here.

The information can be found on this website, and is organised by the Cannabis Trust.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Mr Jim Valentine, Where Are You?!?!
    Not on the drugs boards, he doesn't moderate here...
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Not on the drugs boards, he doesn't moderate here...

We all know he's a monster stonner though.
  • Options
    There's one on in Dublin again this year on the 7th May, don't think there was one last year but i was at it the year before and never had so much fun smoking.
  • Options
    Gaaaahhh i'm gonna miss it - i'm so upset - i've been to loads of otherones though was mostly too stoned to march at them though...
  • Options
    The one i was at was nowhere near a march, it was called J day and everyone just went to one massive park and got stoned.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    We all know he's a monster stonner though.

:eek2: That's defamation, I'd be careful if I were you, Mr Valentine could do all kinds of things to mess with you on these boards..... :no:
  • Options
    I know, he gave me a stupid AV at one point because I bad mouthed the new selection for being wierd.
  • Options
    And now you've made it personal...
  • Options
    Did you see the AV he gave me? I think I have the right to have a little dig at him now and then. All light heartedly of course, no offense mate!
  • Options
    *smirk*
  • Options
    Oops. Can't say you weren't warned....
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    *smirk*

Thats not quite as bad as the last one.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    The one i was at was nowhere near a march, it was called J day and everyone just went to one massive park and got stoned.

J Day has been a march from Kennington to Brockwell Park in Brixton then a free festival for the past few years. I'm gonna miss it. I was supposed to be DJ'ing at this years. :(
  • Options
    he he that was inspired, NOW MAKE ALL BONG'S POSTS APPEAR WITH SMILIES :D
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    J Day has been a march from Kennington to Brockwell Park in Brixton then a free festival for the past few years. I'm gonna miss it. I was supposed to be DJ'ing at this years. :(

It certainly wasn't a march or free festival when i was it, just a huge smoking session.

It was pretty bad weather that day though, perhaps that had something to do with it.
  • Options
    johnny v wrote:
    im here, on and off

btw, sorry for the spam, but i kinda thought it might interest fold here, and it aint like anyones making any money
    please do not apologise for an inteligent and imformative post ...theres just no fucking pleasing this rabble!
  • Options
    With an avatar like that....
  • Options
    he he that was inspired, NOW MAKE ALL BONG'S POSTS APPEAR WITH SMILIES :D

I'm kind of coming to like it, it suits me, and anyway I'm cool enough to carry it off.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    anyway I'm cool enough to carry it off.

Is it.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:
    It certainly wasn't a march or free festival when i was it, just a huge smoking session.

It was pretty bad weather that day though, perhaps that had something to do with it.

What year was that? It's been a festival for at least the last 3 years.
  • Options
    longer than that, first one was clapham common in 1999, theres been five others since then
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    What year was that? It's been a festival for at least the last 3 years.

• Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Is it.

I'm not sure I understand your meaning LadyJade.
  • Options
    Shogun wrote:

It was definitely a festival in 2003. I was there.
  • Options
  • Options
    What with the beard?