Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Coke come down

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Spliffie wrote:
    Real cocaine will blow your fucking head off.

What I meant was that it's not a druggies drugs as such. It may be 'real' strong coke but it doesn't get you 'wasted'.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    wouldnt that be thirded, or am i invisible these days...
    I know for an absolute and total fact that people without much money can get and do get addicted to cocaine.
    (looks around)...(sighs)

yes; spliffie your understanding of cocaine usage patterns seems to be very restrictive and very innaccurate. Cocaine can be used by anyone, most anywhere, most anytime.

If you follow your monetary arguement through, then there would only be rich addicts :confused:
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    wouldnt that be thirded, or am i invisible these days...
    Aww, it was more the tone of Bong's post I was in support of, rather than just the sentiment, but of course you said it first...
    LadyJade wrote:
    Aww, it was more the tone of Bong's post I was in support of, rather than just the sentiment..

See, I told you I was the Mods Choice Martin.
    bongbudda wrote:
    See, I told you I was the Mods Choice Martin.

Nobody likes an arse licker. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote:
    Nobody likes an arse licker. :D

Some do, maybe you just dont hang around in the right circles.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Some do

Only all the other goody goodies.
    Weekender Offender 
    Spliffie wrote:
    Unless you're a dealer or a millionaire, there really isn't much scope for an average user to head towards addiction.

Maybe you should take a visit to your local drugs service. You'll soon change your mind.
    peh, Mods choice...

Jim and Susie hate you, actually hate you, you know that dont you ?
    Oh, I know that, but Susie isnt a proper Mod anymore and Jim isnt supposed to Mod in here, so I'm safe.
    Both are you seem to be in competition to be the biggest Mods pet, it's embarrasing. :D
    Weekender Offender 
    He started it, I'm far more mature about the whole thing.
    when did i ever say anyone of them likes me, im just stating the obvious fact that they spend their every waking hour rueing his existence...
    Skive wrote:
    What I meant was that it's not a druggies drugs as such. It may be 'real' strong coke but it doesn't get you 'wasted'.

Yeah, i've heard this said before, coke's a drug for people who don't like drugs...

Certainly some powder will barely give you a buzz...used to think along similar lines as well until i tried the good stuff...best euphoria i've ever felt, alongside the first few times I took E.

As for saying there isn't much scope for addiction...the vast majority of users aren't addicted...casual use isn't a fastrack to becoming a cokehead, although yes that obviously was a bad generalisation.
    spliffie you are slightly missing the point of my posts, and im not sure what your last comment on my post was adding (unless you were just elaborating i guess).

As i have stated before cocaine has the potential for less barriers to repeated use than pills seem to in many cases. You are making the grave assumption that everyone stops when they run out of money.

I was just elaborating.

Aquiring a monster coke habit isn't something on the cards for the average user, that's really my point - most people aren't going to have a problem controlling their use. My willpower is shitty, have fairly serious cannabis dependency, but can regulate my coke use absolutely no problem.
    any user can at any time become dependant upon any substance they consume use or interact with.

To say most people dont have a problem controlling their coke use is a bit simplistic and misleading, not meaning to sound funny or anything but in what sense do you mean this...

If someone who only does coke on occasion binges in a session, but only does this very occasionally, is this regulated use?

If someone only has a small toot regularly, is that regulated use?

Like Skive said, Cocaine is one of the few drugs that has a comedown intertwined with desire...
    any user can at any time become dependant upon any substance they consume use or interact with.

To say most people dont have a problem controlling their coke use is a bit simplistic and misleading, not meaning to sound funny or anything but in what sense do you mean this...

If someone who only does coke on occasion binges in a session, but only does this very occasionally, is this regulated use?

If someone only has a small toot regularly, is that regulated use?

Like Skive said, Cocaine is one of the few drugs that has a comedown intertwined with desire...

Regulating use - controlling on the amount you're doing, how often you're doing it, etc etc...personally don't take it more than once a week (usually once or twice every few months now at the very most). That's what i mean by regulating use - setting your own boundaries.

It's all about restricting your use according to finance and health, mentally and physically.

Most stimulants have a comedown intertwined with desire...how many people do you know who stop at 1 pill? Never heard or come across people spending days speeding?
    yes i have but you are confusing intoxicated state redosing with comedown-provoked redosing.

When you are in the throes of a comedown, just as the magic begins to fade (MDMA here) and that awful hollow feeling creeps in as it progresses you want less and less to take any more MDMA...NOT the way of Cocaine where as Skive put it you are left 'Clucking for more'.

What you are describing there is the lines along which, in an ideal world, people should regulate their use. People simply do not proceed along the financial and health related lines in leading their lives, many strive after stimulation and titilation by whatever means available, maybe even against the lines you have laid down.

What i feel you are putting foward here is your personal experience with coke and that of those around you and applying it more widely than perhaps is wise or representative.
    yes i have but you are confusing intoxicated state redosing with comedown-provoked redosing.

When you are in the throes of a comedown, just as the magic begins to fade (MDMA here) and that awful hollow feeling creeps in as it progresses you want less and less to take any more MDMA...NOT the way of Cocaine where as Skive put it you are left 'Clucking for more'.

What you are describing there is the lines along which, in an ideal world, people should regulate their use. People simply do not proceed along the financial and health related lines in leading their lives, many strive after stimulation and titilation by whatever means available, maybe even against the lines you have laid down.

What i feel you are putting foward here is your personal experience with coke and that of those around you and applying it more widely than perhaps is wise or representative.

You've used plenty of personal experience yourself, Martin...and have quoted that of Skive.

Coming off cocaine isn't pleasant...it's the 5 minute transition between the high and low where the desire to re-dose is particularly strong...depressed reality is starting to shine through the waning high and you want another line badly...you don't "cluck" for cocaine when you're fully down.

are you seriously saying the desire isn't there for people to consume more E when the effects start to wear off? Or is that just personal experience ;) ? Personally speaking, I won't come down from E unless the experience has been satisfactory, which usually means after about 10-12 hour mark...coming off E before this point will cause strong desires to consume another pill or wrap...comparing coke to E in this respect isn't wise anyway, coming down from E is a considerably more gentle process, however unpleasant...coming off coke is brutally harsh for 5-10 minutes...once you're past that phase though, you're on a plain, simple comedown. The "clucking" feeling Skive refers to is before the return to baseline.
    If I do a line of ching or a crack pipe the result is the same - I'll be quite happy to blow the resy of my wonga redosing until I run out.
    It's that sort of drug.
    Weekender Offender 
    are you seriously saying the desire isn't there for people to consume more E when the effects start to wear off?

Yes for alot of people i am, because alot of people on redose while still very much high as opposed to coke. Your brain cannot sustain a consistent 12 hour high which has the empathic serotonin derrived effects of MDMA, it will simply 'speed you up'.
    I think it fair to say there is far greater risk of becoming a addicted to coke than becoming addicted to MDMA.

I think most people who have used both drugs will agree.
    Weekender Offender 
    Yes for alot of people i am, because alot of people on redose while still very much high as opposed to coke. Your brain cannot sustain a consistent 12 hour high which has the empathic serotonin derrived effects of MDMA, it will simply 'speed you up'.

You can feel the empathic effects up to 10-12 hours, although the high becomes somewhat 'flat'.

So people doing cocaine don't re-dose while "very much" high? Right...

You're right skive, i've not said otherwise...i've never been able to stop half-way through a gram...'tis impossible. Likewise i've never been able to avoid prolonging a session on E past the 4 hour mark.

This thread is becoming pointless anyway. Fail to control your use of either and you'll encounter problems, be it addiction, pnemonia etc.
    So people doing cocaine don't re-dose while "very much" high? Right...

no i didnt even imply that.

A 'flat' high? Sounds like effects dissapating over time to me...also some of that maybe to do with simply stimulation rather than the action of any specific serotonin agonist...

Barring variational factors such as individual brain chemistry, this is not the case for alot of people...a 12 hour E binge is not uncommon but it isnt the prevailing model of use either.

You keep trying to insist that Cocaine and E are extremely comparable drugs when in action, effect and usage patterns they differ chemically, financially and in terms of usage.

Oh and i didnt say putting foward personal experience was a bad thing i was merely putting foward the idea that you were using your personal experience to debunk the possibility of other usage patterns.
    Skive wrote:
    I think it fair to say there is far greater risk of becoming a addicted to coke than becoming addicted to MDMA.

I think most people who have used both drugs will agree.

Yes of course, but there is also, in some respects, a greater risk of over-doing MDMA...for financial reasons, a greater acceptance etc.

Martin; I've never said they are "extremely comparable". Nor have I used personal experience to "debunk" other usage patterns.

Now go on, have the last word, I know you'll be itching... ;) .
    Spliffie wrote:
    Now go on, have the last word, I know you'll be itching... ;) .

Tell tell words of someone itching to have the last word? ;)
    Weekender Offender 
    im not gonna concede the point if i think there are flaws in your arguement am i? And i thought the purpose of debate was to explore avenues through discourse, thereby enhancing understanding by testing your knowledge against those of others.

but if you are going to turn an important topic into a holier-than-thou-bollocks one-upmanship contest then you are welcome to it old son...
    Skive wrote:
    Tell tell words of someone itching to have the last word? ;)

No - i don't see the thread going anywhere, that's all.
This discussion has been closed.