Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Looking for summer work experience!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, I'm a second year uni student and currently looking to do some summer work experience, paid or unpaid, however, it's getting later and later, and I need to get something sorted soon. Does anyone know of any good websites which will be able to help or have any ideas as to what I could do? I am interested in going into events organising, but would also like to do something fun and exciting over summer if anyone can help? :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried contacting some companies directly? I'd suggest doing this..write some letters and attach a CV. Maybe that will help you? You could try the phone book or something..or mayeb there is an online directory that can help you? Do any of your tutors at uni have any contacts?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey,

This is the best student job website I've come across.

http://www.justjobs4students.co.uk/

Good luck - holiday jobs in the summer as a student can bring the best memories. :yippe:
  • Options
    i know im a bit biased as i work as 1, but youth work always looks good on a C.V, you can do it voluntry, all you need to do is pop into a local youth centre and have a word with the boss. you will need a police check, but they should sort that out for you!

good luck with whatever you find!

xx Emz xx