Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stopping the spamers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
When you sign up you get a link in your email to activate your account right away. Instead, why don't you delay sending the link for 24 or 48 hours? I bet it could cut of all the spam you get in here :).
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    because people want to sign up and start posting right away, hour or two would probly do it
  • Options
    Felix couldn't even spell "spammers" correctly in the thread title. :p
  • Options
    so?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    so?
    Merely pointing out spelling mistakes, as you so often do with such vigour and zealousness.
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    because people want to sign up and start posting right away, hour or two would probly do it

An hour wouldn't do much, 24 hours would. If people really wanted to post they would wait.
  • Options
    When you sign up you get a link in your email to activate your account right away. Instead, why don't you delay sending the link for 24 or 48 hours? I bet it could cut of all the spam you get in here :).

It would defeat the point because people come on to get advice, I can't imagine them being that chuffed when it says "please wait 24 hrs".
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Merely pointing out spelling mistakes, as you so often do with such vigour and zealousness.
    Really, that's facinating. And wrong.

Creep.
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    It would defeat the point because people come on to get advice, I can't imagine them being that chuffed when it says "please wait 24 hrs".

If spammers and trolls didn't come on here then it would be alright.
  • Options
    Really, that's facinating. And wrong.

Creep.

actually thats dead right, check the links in your sig for more 'Vigour and zeal'
  • Options
    actually thats dead right, check the links in your sig for more 'Vigour and zeal'
    My sig? :lol:
  • Options
    The focus of this charity website is to provide advice to young people, and the boards to provide peer advice. If there was a 24 hour delay it would destroy the principals that undermine everything we do here.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    The focus of this charity website is to provide advice to young people, and the boards to provide peer advice. If there was a 24 hour delay it would destroy the principals that undermine everything we do here.

Good answer :razz:
  • Options
    It is the ideal answer.

There is no more or no less trollage than at any previous time, really. It goes in cycles.

Though I do want to see UNIVERSE PEOPLE forced to return.
  • Options
    no not yours SG