Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Closer...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
ok ive watched this film twice this week, loved it so much! anyone else seen it? really surprised by this one really. but i have a few questions.

anyone seen the original Play by patrick marber?

what i wanna know is, in the play did alice actually sleep with larry? or is she making it up.

i have the feeling from the film that she made it up, not sure tho. maybe this is deliberate! anyone got any thoughts on it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It doesn't matter if they slept together or not. It's irrelevent. The whole thing is based on truth vs lies really, isn't it? And obviously, sex. :p Ace film though. :thumb:
  • Options
    yeah i know its irrelevant to the film itself! DUH i just wanted to know, i just know plays are generally more involved. just wondered if it was explained or not.

bloody good film tho!!
  • Options
    I didnt really like it :no:
  • Options
    any particular reason?
  • Options
    Yeah, great film. Clive Owen was in the play as well, though he played Jude Law's character.

Don't really know if she made it up, that's probably the point.
  • Options
    I really want to see it, I've heard it got bad reviews, but I'll take your word for it that its good. Plus Jude Law=yum.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    any particular reason?
    Dunno really :chin:

Im not really a fan of Jude Law so it might've been him that ruined it for me.
  • Options
    It's possibly my favorite film. It really affected me when I saw it as the reactions and emotions are so accurate. I hated Clive Owen in it... but that probably means he played his part well.

I didn't know there was a play! Wish I had seen it :(
  • Options
    i still don't get the hype over clive owen, i think he's completely wooden - like he doesn't really get into the character, he's just always so soul-less

i thought it was a good film, there's a line in it stolen from this film blue velvet though, exactly the same words and all
  • Options
    i know what you mean about clive owen, he's not the best! lets hope the rumours about him being the new James Bond arnt true
  • Options
    Yeah i really liked this film. Nathalie portman <3
    .matt
  • Options
    I just saw this movie the other day and thought it was great! Made me sad though... because I have been cheated on before and it hurt to see them so careless with their love, not being able to make up their minds :(
    The ending was a shock though!