Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Morning Sickness remedies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im 3 months pregnant and the moment and for the last 2 weeks I've felt like crap. I wake up in the morning feeling really queasy and iffy, I've only actually been sick once, the rest of the time it's just been this awful feeling like I going to chuck at any minute. Yesterday was a bad day, from the moment I woke up, til I went to bed I felt really ill and it looks like today is going to be another day of the same :sour:

I've tried all the usual things, dry toast, ginger, flat coke, nothing works for me. Does anyone have any magic potions or know any old wives tales?

Im willing to try anything :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ew, poor you! There might be some useful info in this article on morning sickness.
    Take care :)
    congratulations!
    have you tried accupressure wrist bands for travel sickness? you get them from boots for about £5 - my mate swears she wouldn't have got through 2pregnancies without them!
    spanner wrote:
    Ew, poor you! There might be some useful info in this article on morning sickness.
    Take care :)
    Ooh thanks, I'll have a nosey :)
    congratulations!
    have you tried accupressure wrist bands for travel sickness? you get them from boots for about £5 - my mate swears she wouldn't have got through 2pregnancies without them!
    I hadnt thought of those :chin:

I'll give them a go, thanks :)
    Hey, my brothers girlfriend is six months pregnant and she has only just stopped bbeen sick, what she found helped was having something to eat before leaving her bed. My brother used to like take her a peice of toast or she took some plain biscuits and had 1 b4 she got out of bed. Dont know why it worked but it did.
    becky4131 wrote:
    Hey, my brothers girlfriend is six months pregnant and she has only just stopped bbeen sick, what she found helped was having something to eat before leaving her bed. My brother used to like take her a peice of toast or she took some plain biscuits and had 1 b4 she got out of bed. Dont know why it worked but it did.
    Heh, I dont think Mr Glittery will like that idea much but I'll give it a go :D
    crystalised ginger
    its hard to get down in morning but it works (allso good for heartburn)
    take it before getting out of bed in morning
    Heh, I dont think Mr Glittery will like that idea much but I'll give it a go :D

mr. glittery best get used to running around after someone! :p

there's no magic potion, unfortunately. all the things suggested might work. you might just have to ride it out. everyone's different.

sucking peppermints can help, i'm told. and eating little and often, avoiding strong smells and trying not to get too hungry. and don't get up too quick in the mornings.
    sorry to put a downer on it but pepermints do help but they cause heartburn from hell (they did for me anyway)
    kaffrin wrote:
    mr. glittery best get used to running around after someone! :p
    Hehe I know :D

I tried the eating before I got out of bed thingy this morning, I managed to get the boy to bring me a gingernut biccie :yeees: It seemed to work though, today has been a good day. Thanks for all the suggestions :)
    congrats :)
    If youve already tried crystallised ginger or ginger capsules, then im not sure what else to suggest. They worked really well for me. Some ginger products dont actually contain much at all, so you have to check the label. It IS actually the homaeopathic remedie for nausea so id perservere tbh, because it has no effect on the baby unlike some anti emetic tablets.
    If it gets really bad, it might be worth telling your doctor. My cousin was actually hospitalised for hyperemisis when she couldnt even keep water down. It did ease off after about 16 weeks.