Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Them bloody immigrants...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ah, a message from the "other side".

Tell me, have you seen Elvis?
  • Options
    iowtw wrote:

look man, have something to say or go jerk off. So far you've done nothing but misinterpret someone else’s statement, then when they explained themselves (and made an unnecessary apology) you still persisted in your dimwitted banter. Then you made a big fuss over someone’s sn. Debate the topic or go shoot the breeze in another forum.
  • Options
    If Howard could really, undisputable beyond any doubt save this country from immigrant filth - maybe - and only then would I consider voting for the Tories.
    The only people this country needs saving from are racist worthless subhuman wankstains.
  • Options
    Most of this country is fed up of listening to Tony Blairs lies about his fight on illegal immigration and asylum seekers. This country is fed up of listening to Labours statistics on immigration and asylum.

As most opinion polls show, most of the British public (NOT including the people from this site of course) are fed up of the lies published on the whole issue.
    http://www.yougov.com/yougov_website/asp_besPollArchives/bes_arcMain.asp?sID=3&rID=2&wID=0&uID=
    There are dozens of polls here. Over 80% want us out of the 1951 convection, most people prefer the Tories to combat immigration and most of us believe this government has made a mess of the system. How can you continue to believe a word this government says?

Conservatives are the only party which seems to want to givethe British public trust in the system.
  • Options
    Welcome back Luke :)

Interestingly, you seem to omit the most fundamental poll of all: who would you rather be in government. And on that particular poll, Labour has beaten the Tories hands down consistently for the last 11-12 years. As it will be proven on election day.

I'd advise as a general rule to take the result of yougov polls with a pinch of salt anyway.
  • Options
    I remember posting a link to that site saying the exact opposite. Which polls are you looking at?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Welcome back Luke :)

Interestingly, you seem to omit the most fundamental poll of all: who would you rather be in government. And on that particular poll, Labour has beaten the Tories hands down consistently for the last 11-12 years. As it will be proven on election day.

I'd advise as a general rule to take the result of yougov polls with a pinch of salt anyway.
    We are talking about immigration NOT who is going to win the election.
    Poll after poll puts the Conservatives in front of any other party on the issue of immigration and asylum.
    To the point, the issue of immigration and asylum is obviously a worry towards voters as poll after poll 80%+ wouldn't be saying that they want to pull out of the 1951 Convection.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I remember posting a link to that site saying the exact opposite. Which polls are you looking at?
    Please read the post, there is a link on there.
  • Options
    You still haven't pointed to a specific poll.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    You still haven't pointed to a specific poll.
    Check ALL ofthe polls.
  • Options
    I have said that I used that site to claim the opposite to you. I do not have time to read every poll especially when the ones I've looked at so far refute your claim. Which poll are you looking at? or are you making it up?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    I have said that I used that site to claim the opposite to you. I do not have time to read every poll especially when the ones I've looked at so far refute your claim. Which poll are you looking at? or are you making it up?
    Read them ALL as they all mention asylum and immigration.
  • Options
    No surprising that, given the political leanings of yougov...

A bit obsessed with immigration, they are...

And remember that that there are many clever ways of asking a question to ensure the 'right' result is returned.

Where are all these people who are so worried about immigration? Not a single person I know in real life could give a fuck...
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    No surprising that, given the political leanings of yougov...

A bit obsessed with immigration, they are...

And remember that that there are many clever ways of asking a question to ensure the 'right' result is returned.
    This is the case for ANY poll.
    Aladdin wrote:

Where are all these people who are so worried about immigration? Not a single person I know in real life could give a fuck...
    I am not surprised at all!
  • Options
    Exactly. Because I know real people from the real world, on the streets.

If one chooses instead to believe that the newspaper of their choice and the talk in their local Conservative club reflects the thoughts of the nation, they might end up believing all the hype about immigration being "out of control" or the people of this country being fed up with it.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Exactly. Because I know real people from the real world, on the streets.

If one chooses instead to believe that the newspaper of their choice and the talk in their local Conservative club reflects the thoughts of the nation, they might end up believing all the hype about immigration being "out of control" or the people of this country being fed up with it.
    With that attitude, again I'm not surprised you don't believe there is a problem with the system.
  • Options
    I base my beliefs on a sense of reality and actual experiences.

You appear to base yours in polls conducted by tory-owned polling companies and right wing newspapers and political parties.

Guess which one is closer to the truth.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I base my beliefs on a sense of reality and actual experiences.

You appear to base yours in polls conducted by tory-owned polling companies and right wing newspapers and political parties.

Guess which one is closer to the truth.
    I base my facts on what I see and then look at the polls and see that msot people are thinking like me.
  • Options
    YouGov isn't particually right-wing. Its used by the Telegraph, but they use it because it does have a reputation for accuracy (traditonal polling methods tend to understate Tory support) - YouGov was the most accurate predictor of several election results

Whilst it has links to the Tories (one its founders use to work for Archer) one of the other founders use to be a Labour Party Candidate.

I'm sure that like every poll they can't detect the subtelties of people's opinions, but to say they are biased and wrong and base your views on the mythical 'street' seems to be even less representative...

A site worth looking at

http://pollingreport.co.uk/blog/index.php?p=288
  • Options
    yadda yadda yadda banning is permanent yadda yadda
  • Options
    well thank goodness for that he was beginning to overrun the discussions, again.........
  • Options
    Come to think of it, the inclusion of the number 88 in his new username is rather suspicious... :rolleyes:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least...
  • Options
    Year of birth?
  • Options
    Whats the mystical significance of 88? I thought it was 18 which was linked to the far-right?
  • Options
    return of the lukesh?
  • Options
    briefly.
  • Options
    I'm sure 88 is probably date of birth - it's 18 that's significant (Combat 18 take the number from Adolf Hitler's initials - the first and eighth letters)
  • Options
    I'm happy to give Luke the benefit of the doubt since he's always stated he hated Nazism and fascism. I guess it makes sense that 88 was his date of birth.

However there is a variation of the Hitler alphabet letter thing. As well as the '18' standing for A.H. or Adolph Hitler, some naziboys use 88, or in fact 888888. It stands for HH (Heil Hitler).

The now-rotting-in-jail-for-a-very-long-time poster known as Diesel signed off all of his posts with 888888. Which comes as no surprise, given his background.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    yadda yadda yadda banning is permanent yadda yadda

it's off subject I know, but what exactly did he do to get banned?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    I'm happy to give Luke the benefit of the doubt since he's always stated he hated Nazism and fascism. I guess it makes sense that 88 was his date of birth.

However there is a variation of the Hitler alphabet letter thing. As well as the '18' standing for A.H. or Adolph Hitler, some naziboys use 88, or in fact 888888. It stands for HH (Heil Hitler).

The now-rotting-in-jail-for-a-very-long-time poster known as Diesel signed off all of his posts with 888888. Which comes as no surprise, given his background.

crap dude are you serious? what did he do?