Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Afraid of new styles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The title is a slight exageration, however me and my gf (recently started having sex) and have just attempted missionary and her on top...Im not too bothered as both are fun but...she seems to think doggy style is a bit degrading and other ones ive suggested have been met by a small groan of 'alight then' about as enthusiastically as me being asked 'hey shall we put some 50 cent or snoop dog on?'. ...hmm not what i wana hear! any suggestions for good ones to move onto as a progression? xx

Comments

• Options
    What's the obsession with changing positions every four seconds? It ruins the continuity of sex, and it actually makes it harder for a girl to come.

Just stick with the positions your gf is comfortable with and wants to do, you shouldn't be trying 47 positions in every session.
  • Options
    Why don't you ask her what she has in mind..or buy a book on karma sutra?
  • Options
    Why don't you ask her what she has in mind..or buy a book on karma sutra?

It sounds like she has intimate missionary sex in mind.

What is so bad about that?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    It ruins the continuity of sex, and it actually makes it harder for a girl to come.
    Tbh, I think some men are more concerned about their pleasure in the bedroom, not the womans.
  • Options
    Im sure I read something about what foreplay a women likes is linked to what positions shes more likely to enjoy. I'll have a think and see if I can find it again.

In the meantime, have you asked her what she enjoys and if she wants to try anything? Remember, if shes not happy or comfortable then shes not going to enjoy it! And if she doesn't enjoy it - you ain't gonna get it! ;)
  • Options
    Tbh, I think some men are more concerned about their pleasure in the bedroom, not the womans.
    Most men aren't.

This place is full of little boys.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    What's the obsession with changing positions every four seconds? It ruins the continuity of sex, and it actually makes it harder for a girl to come.

Just stick with the positions your gf is comfortable with and wants to do, you shouldn't be trying 47 positions in every session.

Who said about trying different positions every session? But if it was missionary for 10 straight sessions, asking for doggie-style (for one whole session) doesn't seem out of line.

I agree with the previous poster. Many women are self conscious about how they'll look (if your GF has ever asked "do these pants make my ass look fat?" you can be damn sure she's wondering if her ass looks far when your doing her doggy-style!).
  • Options
    dogy styles really good! i enjoy it n so does my partner!i domnt think its bad to ask :thumb:
  • Options
    I think you need to discuss it with her as appose to ask. My bf likes to experiment but some re painful, or take a lil while to adjust to, or are awkward or involve me doing the flexing and moving in an odd way.

Is she 'experienced'...it can be intimidating trying out new positions if you've not experienced them before. Although I enjoy good sex...there is a rhythm and a repetition in the positions we use, and it doesn't mess up the experience or make either of us think "Hmm...wish I could be doing it this way". Do ask, but also be considerate. Asking what she'd like to do might put her on the spot and make her feel uncomfortable,asking to try a certain way is a good idea, but be close and intimate and move with her...don't watch her getting into place or anything as she'll feel the focus is on her.

Malt xxx :)
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Most men aren't.

This place is full of little boys.

This is certainally not the case, im perfectly happy in just missionary and she doesnt know many otherpositions...and i dont really know them well either. we are just curious...remmeber sex is all about fun and thats what we have. She always cums before me and often I wont cum at all, but it doesnt bother me...so less founded comments like that arnt welcome..cheers
  • Options
    kathryn wrote:
    A big thing for girls is how they look in different positions, especially when they first start having sex. When you're worrying about the view your boyfriend is getting it is very hard to enjoy sex...imo.

I'm sure youre girlfriend looks great naked to you, but she might not think she does, if you slyly start complimenting her when you see her in different positions it might make her feel more comfortable with them :)

This is exactly what my gf does. Shes beautiful and does know it to an extent but yes she puts herself down sometimes about features that arnt perfect (to her anyway) like her boobs. Thanks for the advice xx
  • Options
    heya,
    me and my fiancee had this prob when we first got together;
    we found that talking about it before hand got me really nervous and we couldnt do anything in the end,
    so in the end he eased me into it but first trying 'spooning' which was a bit different and then just as we were making love him saying is it okay if he does 'whatever'.
    just make sure you ask!!
    hope this helps and that you are having fun
    crash! :chin:
  • Options
    if she says she finds the idea of doggy position degrading, then youre going to have to put up with not doing it doggy. surely you wouldnt want her to feel degraded?
    Maybe in time she will come round to the idea, but tbh its really hard to orgasm from doggy position anyway as there is zero clitoral stimulation.
    Maybe shes just not ready to experiment too much yet. be patient.
  • Options
    if she says she finds the idea of doggy position degrading, then youre going to have to put up with not doing it doggy. surely you wouldnt want her to feel degraded?
    Maybe in time she will come round to the idea, but tbh its really hard to orgasm from doggy position anyway as there is zero clitoral stimulation.
    Maybe shes just not ready to experiment too much yet. be patient.

if she orgasms due to g-spot stimulation though then doggy is better for this ;)
  • Options
    j@ck wrote:
    if she orgasms due to g-spot stimulation though then doggy is better for this ;)
    You keep telling yourself this.

Yes a lot of people find doggy position great. I quite like it too, but a lot of people DONT like it at all, and do find it degrading. I can see why, although I dont feel it myself.
    Some women will orgasm through anything, touching nipples etc etc, but that doesnt mean most women will, and the vast majority of women need direct clitoral stimulation to orgasm, something you dont get from doggy position.

Its all beside the point though as the number one priority is that she doesnt want to do it.
  • Options
    Try her on top. It's quality! Also try both sitting up which is a logical progression from her on top. It's also nice and it's really intimate.

That and it can get quite clammy.
  • Options
    Well why dont you give it to her just the way she likes it. I guess she must be more experience than you are or just a freaky type of girl.
    Well you must be lucky your gf likes it the gangsta way cos you should be thankful your gf likes doggy cos most guys love it tho..