Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pregnant.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
These are pics of my little boy..... (I did put them in another thread but edited it so it looked nicer)
Anyway as most know me and my bf have split up. I am a bit concerned at the moment though......
I miss being a mum, so a bit ago, had the implanon removed and was given the pill. The docter told my ex to make sure I took it, but I pretended to... He found out but was like 'I want a baby anyway, I really want to be a dad'... I am now worried about being pregnant. I want to be, I really do but with all thats gone on, i'm afraid! I am worried my son may be upset that I have had another child!
Yes I will be taking a pregnancy test, I guess I just want to hear what people really think, I want the truth? xx

Comments

• Options
    melodie wrote:
    These are pics of my little boy..... (I did put them in another thread but edited it so it looked nicer)
    Anyway as most know me and my bf have split up. I am a bit concerned at the moment though......
    I miss being a mum, so a bit ago, had the implanon removed and was given the pill. The docter told my ex to make sure I took it, but I pretended to... He found out but was like 'I want a baby anyway, I really want to be a dad'... I am now worried about being pregnant. I want to be, I really do but with all thats gone on, i'm afraid! I am worried my son may be upset that I have had another child!
    Yes I will be taking a pregnancy test, I guess I just want to hear what people really think, I want the truth? xx

31/12/03?

That must've been a strange way to spend New Year's Eve.

I wouldn't be too happy if I found out my girlfriend was pretending to take the pill, children are a lot of work and responsibility, but best of wishes for the result you decide you'd like.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    31/12/03?

That must've been a strange way to spend New Year's Eve.

I wouldn't be too happy if I found out my girlfriend was pretending to take the pill, children are a lot of work and responsibility, but best of wishes for the result you decide you'd like.

Yes, but the most amazing experience of my life. I thought he would be.. but he did want a baby... kept on about it. But this time I will be doing it alone, am not risking history repeating itself. He can have contact, but thats it! I do feel I am... I had the implanon before I had Rhys, had it removed 2 weeks l8r, I was with child. Same again I guess...
  • Options
    Well, been sick this afternoon, still feeling sick and am tired e.t.c... Feels like I am...
    I feel crap!
  • Options
    Why would your son be upset that you were having another child since you can't see him as he's being adopted by someone else? I really don't understand, surely you don't have access to him if he's being adopted?
  • Options
    I think you need to take a test asap hon

Hmm. The truth. It's difficult for me to give my full opinion on the matter as I only know what I have read, however..

You deliberately went out of your way to deceive your partner, luckily, his reaction wasn't one of anger etc, but the fact that he wants to be a dad doesn't mean that he should at this time. It's not just having a baby, it's raising a child.

I'm going to base what I'm going to say on the chance that you might not be pregnant. I really don't think that now is the best time for you to have another baby. You have been through a lot with Rhys, but I don't think that parenthood and all that comes with it will 'replace' those feelings of you wanting to become a mum again. I think there are some issues that you need to work through with some professional help, so that when you do decide to have another child, you can give them the best, because you're strong and secure.

If you are pregnant at this time, then obviously, it's up to you to decide what steps to take next. But I do think you'll need a lot of support, so please ensure you take whatever comes along. And you know that you have the support of lots of members here. But I really think you need to know by tonight if you are pregnant or not. Good luck :)
  • Options
    go_away wrote:
    I think you need to take a test asap hon

Hmm. The truth. It's difficult for me to give my full opinion on the matter as I only know what I have read, however..

You deliberately went out of your way to deceive your partner, luckily, his reaction wasn't one of anger etc, but the fact that he wants to be a dad doesn't mean that he should at this time. It's not just having a baby, it's raising a child.

I'm going to base what I'm going to say on the chance that you might not be pregnant. I really don't think that now is the best time for you to have another baby. You have been through a lot with Rhys, but I don't think that parenthood and all that comes with it will 'replace' those feelings of you wanting to become a mum again. I think there are some issues that you need to work through with some professional help, so that when you do decide to have another child, you can give them the best, because you're strong and secure.

If you are pregnant at this time, then obviously, it's up to you to decide what steps to take next. But I do think you'll need a lot of support, so please ensure you take whatever comes along. And you know that you have the support of lots of members here. But I really think you need to know by tonight if you are pregnant or not. Good luck :)

:yes:
  • Options
    I know... It was extremely wrong of me to lie. I do not want to replace my son, he is to perfect to replace... I loved being a mum and It made me feel as though my life was worth while.
    From the pictures and from things I have said (apart from stupid mistakes) do you think I would make a good mum? I want honest upfront opinions, even if its not what I want to hear!
  • Options
    He wanted a baby one minute, then the next didn't, then he did... and we broke up.
  • Options
    melodie wrote:
    I know... It was extremely wrong of me to lie. I do not want to replace my son, he is to perfect to replace... I loved being a mum and It made me feel as though my life was worth while.
    From the pictures and from things I have said (apart from stupid mistakes) do you think I would make a good mum? I want honest upfront opinions, even if its not what I want to hear!

Well, from what I've read it seems that you put your son in a vulnerable position, then allowed yourself to get into a similar position with an abusive partner, which doesn't bode well for any future relationships. You've lied to your boyfriend (even though in a thread in Health you said you've never lied and never would, or words to that effect) and nothing you say adds up.

However, since none of us know you then none of us can really say whether you'd be a good mother or not, but right now, no, I don't think you would. I think you have far too many other issues that need to be resolved.
  • Options
    I know, I am receiving counselling. I hadn't lied to Adam apart from that, but he kinda guessed! But if I am (which I really do think I am), I will keep the baby and make sure I get as much counselling in and support that I can. Ask for advice and listen and also look back on my mistakes and change them, so I want to be a single mum. Being a mum is far more important to me than any man. I don't agree with abortions, I got myself pregnant, it's not fair to kill a life before it has had a chance to live!
  • Options
  • Options
    sorry to point this out but if social services wont let you have your son back then why would they let you keep a second child if you have another one.

it seems like you've been through alot and most of us cant begin to imagine what it must be like i hope you can get through this and wish you luck.
  • Options
    You probably won't want to hear what I have to say as I've questioned your sincerity in the past when I got confused over the links between numerous threads.

I think that you have a lot of potential (sound like a teacher here) but would be doing yourself a favour not to bring another child into your life at this time. No I can't say whether you'd be a good or bad mum...but I think there is something bad about bringing another child into your life in the near future...

Let me explain, and do feel free to disregard...I don't see you as changing your mind on this and you'll have the baby regardless...because I feel that you've already made up your mind and no amount of replies will change it.

Little Rhys has just been taken from you. He was abused by a violent man who you are no longer with, and I applaud you for leaving him. But you have entered into another violent relationship, now plan to bring another child into the world and although you've split from the current bf...you won't have just dropped all feeling and longing just like that, hence at some point you 'try again' in the future. Now you may say you won't make the sense mistakes as before and that you'll stay a single mum...and I'm not making a reflection on all single mothers here...but wouldn't any of you prefer to have a child born of love...not of deceit, and born into a stable family with 2 parents. You have just had a child taken from you by social services, and placed into adoption. You are stressed, depressed - this can harm an unborn child. This relationship has only just finished. Who knows how many times you might try and make it work again, just for the baby and find yourself being physically abused again. You're seeing counselling, sort your life and your head out before you throw another responsibility into the equation. This is a child. You can't just have another to replace the one that was taken from you because, regardless of whether your aware, part of you is aching to have your baby back which is understandable - but don't long to be a mum to a new baby untill your life is sorted out.

Thing of the things you could offer a child in the future. A stable home, a dad who loves them and will never ever harm them, few finiancial worries, a confident, loving and stable mother. Your a bright and sweet young lady. You've had a lot of horrific hands dealt to you...the way your life is will harm another child. Sort everything out...wait until you've got all the components of a successful relationship and life and then bring a baby that you can devote everything to.

Malt xxx
  • Options
    malt.....an old and wise head on young shoulders.......

done a test yet mel??
  • Options
    malteser monkay, I do agree with most of what you said. The relationship I was in wasn't completely violent, although I know that 'any violence is bad'. I know that I am being selfish in the fact that I want a baby, but I have so much love to give and Adams mum is very caring and she still gives me support, one of her children is disabled. I just have this strong urge to be a mum, i'm thinking with my heart not my head...
    If I did have a child, as long as things are different, and i'm receiving counselling, they will let me keep the baby. I am definately changing my counseller as I have been seeing her since november last year and doesn't seem to be helping...
    I am doing a test in a weeks time, last time it took 7 pregnancy tests!!
  • Options
    melodie wrote:
    Adams mum is very caring and she still gives me support, one of her children is disabled.
    So can you depend on her to continue to support you and your demanding newborn? Honestly? With the best will in the world she will not be able to be a dad or fulfil the father's role (talk about stating the obvious, sorry).

Also, seeing a counsellor since November isn't a great deal of time given the length of time treatment (in my experience) seems to take. Are you sure you need to change? Maybe you need a different type of therapy but I think that the first thing to do is discuss with your counsellor why you don't feel it's helping you. Maybe she just needs to do things slightly differently - starting afresh with a new counsellor or therapist is quite an upheaval.

Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    I don't know, she would more than likely be there... i'm really scared right now... thats all I can say...
  • Options
    Well..... did a test and...... I'm pregnant :):(:confused: :nervous:
  • Options
    time to condense your threads down!! just start one melodie thread so we can all keep up!!
    like i said in another thread - time to sort yourself out once and for all...you can do it,only you.