Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Staying at his house.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently my boyfriend has asked me to sleep over at his house. I'm totally cool with this, however I don't think my parents would be. I'm 16, so I mean I'm legal..even allowed to leave home. I need to ask them if I can stay over, but I'm almost certain they will not be happy with this, as they aren't even happy for us to be alone in my home when they aren't there.

I know this site has people of varying ages, and I wondered, could anyone give suggestions on how I can possibly bring this "situation" up, and let them allow me to go? Or, what you've done if you have been in this situation yourself?

Thankyou.

Comments

• Options
    Just ask honestly

"Mum/Dad can I stay round [Insert Boyfriend's Name Here] House?"

They will most likely respect the honesty

When I've been in that situation myself I have asked the exact same question and received the answer

"Sure, just take a few condoms"

And I 16 at youngest when my parents said that
  • Options
    Yeah just bring it up in conversation. My mum was always good about things like that and let me sleep round my boyfriends house/go to house partys when i was 15 and stuff. But the best way to approach it is too not act like it's a big deal or anything. You could say it's because you are going out for a meal and getting back late if you want an excuse?

Or if it would reasure her mention that his parents will be there or something?
  • Options
    Captain wrote:
    Recently my boyfriend has asked me to sleep over at his house. I'm totally cool with this, however I don't think my parents would be. I'm 16, so I mean I'm legal..even allowed to leave home. I need to ask them if I can stay over, but I'm almost certain they will not be happy with this, as they aren't even happy for us to be alone in my home when they aren't there.

I know this site has people of varying ages, and I wondered, could anyone give suggestions on how I can possibly bring this "situation" up, and let them allow me to go? Or, what you've done if you have been in this situation yourself?

Thankyou.

My parents were like that for ages. Up to the age of 21 if i had a boyfriend in my room i'd have to leave the door open! (i'm a student btw hence living at home).
  • Options
    My mum hates me staying at my bf's house, she wont let me. Im 16 and he's 20. I went through a stage of lying to her about where i was staying and then she fpund out, oops! Ive since found be honest with her and she'l learn to trust you and let you :yes:
  • Options
    I'm 17, when I first started staying at my b/f house and him at mine I was only 15. I just simply asked my parents.
    "Mum, is it ok with you if Tarkan stays the night?". At first she was a little unsure about the whole thing, but I have a good solid relationship with my parents and they trust me not do anything stupid and as it turns out, we were spending the night with each other for almost a year before we even began to thinkabout sex.

So yeah, don't lie to your parents or make up excuses as to why you want to stay, because when they find out you've been telling fibs (and trust me, things things have a way of getting out) they'll be very mad at you and you will lose all the trust you have built up with them.

If they so no to you sleeping there, ask if he can stay at your place, your parents will probably fell heaps better about it, because they will be able to keep an eye on you (as lame as that sounds) and in no time at all, they will have probably built up enough turst in your man to let you sleep the night as his house
  • Options
    I'm 17, when I first started staying at my b/f house and him at mine I was only 15. I just simply asked my parents.
    "Mum, is it ok with you if Tarkan stays the night?". At first she was a little unsure about the whole thing, but I have a good solid relationship with my parents and they trust me not do anything stupid and as it turns out, we were spending the night with each other for almost a year before we even began to thinkabout sex.

So yeah, don't lie to your parents or make up excuses as to why you want to stay, because when they find out you've been telling fibs (and trust me, If they so no to you sleeping there, ask if he can stay at your place, your parents will probably fell heaps better about it, because they will be able to things things have a way of getting out) they'll be very mad at you and you will lose all the trust you have built up with them.

keep an eye on you (as lame as that sounds) and in no time at all, they will have probably built up enough turst in your man to let you sleep the night as his house
    Ahhh, what a star you are.
    I'm just a bit worried on what her response will be. His mum was all like "Is this relationship serious?" And she even said something like she would have preferred if he had been asked to sleep at mine first. Therefore the whole thing makes me a little uneasy..
  • Options
    Captain, just because you want to sleep round eachothers houses doesnt necessarily mean the same bed! Try assuring your parents that one of you will sleep on the sofa (even if it isnt true!). ;)
  • Options
    satehen wrote:
    Captain, just because you want to sleep round eachothers houses doesnt necessarily mean the same bed! Try assuring your parents that one of you will sleep on the sofa (even if it isnt true!). ;)
    Guess so, haha.