Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Pier Pressure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some guy keeps trying to get me to try taking a pill so could someone tell me a bit about them? I've heard stuff about them and how the effect you,. just interested in knowing what the comedown is like, whether they are addictive or not, etc.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Some guy keeps trying to get me to try taking a pill so could someone tell me a bit about them? I've heard stuff about them and how the effect you,. just interested in knowing what the comedown is like, whether they are addictive or not, etc.

well yes erowid is a help but let me just say do not take them just because your mate wants you to...well i suppose thats how i started but i was ready at the time...make sure you really want to do them if you choose to...i'm not sure bout anyone else here but the first few times i took pills i never got a comedown..in fact i was jumping out of my bed the next day fresh as a daisy...after a while the comedowns kicked in...comedowns are managable...you won't feel suicidal or nothing..just a bit spaced out and a bit of a sore head maybe...as for addictivness, it's not physically addictive but they are absolutely incredible and you will want to do them again...so physchologically they are quite addictive if you get into them alot...
  • Options
    You'll be able to manage the comedown, just have a bit of green at hand and things will work their way from there.
    Don't take them just because your friends are pressuring you into trying them, although that's the way alot of people started, i wasn't forced into trying it but with friends taking them before i did curosity got the better of me.
    Mentally addictive to an extent because of the way they make you feel, take a look around erowid and search these boards, there are aboustely loads of threads about yokes on here.
  • Options
    try viewing this as well, you might be quite surprised at the journalistic content of the piece given its an american news item by ABC:

Peter Jennings Report on Ecstasy

i do not suggest you use this as your primary source of info, but it may be benefitial to you to see it.

Ultimately you have to make your own decision.

On the one hand you have the possibility of getting crap pills and the implications of amphetamine like drugs from existing or latant mental health problems.

On the other you have the possibility of a very profound and wholly wonderful experience. Purely in terms of experience a good experience with MDMA is fantastic and wonderful empathic experience and the first pill may well be the best one you ever do.

Long term use and heavy use (munching loads) does have implications for mental health in the issue of serotonin depletion, but barring the aforementioned latant psychological issues and exccerbation potential the long term effects of one pill for many people are virtually non-existant.

However it is you who on balance of evidence must make this choice.
  • Options
    I've written quite a bit on here about the affects and side effects of MDMA, especially when Shogun was thinking about trying the drug.

Do a bit of a search and you will come up with loads of stuff.
  • Options
    Had a look about, sounds like they can be fun if you stay in control, however I doubt I will end up taking one due to the possibility of mental addiction...
  • Options
    Had a look about, sounds like they can be fun if you stay in control, however I doubt I will end up taking one due to the possibility of mental addiction...

good for you...they do sound tempting but if you don't want to take them then you're more of a man than someone who does to look cool...
  • Options
    good shout. Everyone on here does know what they're talking about. If you do decide to do it, make sure you're with people you know and trust. Dont drink too much water either. oh, and it is fantastic and will get in your head if you do it too much!
  • Options
    yeah...i mean im not saying you could be missing out on a fantastic experience, and on the subject of mental addiction, its harder to say than do but if you go into it thinking this is only going to be one life experience and not an ongoing thing then it might not be such as issue.

But it is up to you to decide whether you are the type of person who could resist temptation.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Go for it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    do it i mean yes u cud die. but if there was a list of amazing things ppl shud do before they die, e would have to be one of them, its an experience n a half
  • Options
    Dont drink too much water either

This advice people give is sometimes overly exaggerated, you'll know when to drink water, just listen to your body.
  • Options
    and listen to your freinds, if they say you look very hot or white or think you should sit down, chill and do it.

Upside being one of the most wonderful things about E is sitting down with people you really like because you'll have some wonderful conversations about how kind and thoughtful and brilliant everyone is :D
  • Options
    Talk some random shit to strangers though....isn't that right turlough?
  • Options
    Try it if you want to, not because somebody else makes you
  • Options
    Upside being one of the most wonderful things about E is sitting down with people you really like because you'll have some wonderful conversations about how kind and thoughtful and brilliant everyone is :D

Sometimes those conversations can be really good, actually you learn a lot, other times they are total and absolute rubbish.
  • Options
    other times they are total and absolute rubbish.

but they still feel good at the time, and i'd say its more to do with the mix of people talking than the actual chemical experience. Taking E with some of your best freinds is fantastic.
  • Options
    Well theraputically it does have great potential, just a shame that most people use way above the theraputical dose and end up talking shite.
  • Options
    :yes:

i've said it before and like most things i say i'll end up saying it many times more;

people think that the experience of drugs, E for example, begins and ends with a dose specific ingestion of the subject, because they are lazy they think 'pop it in your mouth and it'll just give you pleasure'.

E hightens and modifies perceptions and is a wonderful empathic, so why not use it for having great experiences with, rather than simply on.

Put it this way, if you can enjoy certain situations more than others while straight (i.e: Going to Alton towers for example could be more fun than sitting in and watching the Generation Game) what makes you think E or other drugs that people binge negate this possibility, if anything i'd say E would heighten it.

I guarentee people have had better buzzes in great situations with freinds while beaned up than people who just sit in or walk around around on 4 times that amount. (That'n'there's also the issue of MDMA's empathic effect decreasing as the dose goes up, i.e: it wont multiply exponetiallly, there is a limit to how much empathic effect/serotonin release can be achieved.)
  • Options
    Yes, but then you wouldnt be suggesting someone wanders around an amusement park on pills would you? Its possible I suppose, I think paranioa would kick in.

You're right though, its that old chesnut of 'set and setting' the drugs really only half the experience.

Your friends, your mood, the enviroment....etc all add into it.
  • Options
    went on the Nemesis @ Alton Towers after a purebreed skunk bifda :D

dont recommend it, neither do i advocate walking round an environment with lots of children in it on pills :yeees:
  • Options
    I've not been to one of those places for years and years.

I did popers in the que to do that drop ride in the Tocadiro (sp?) centre in London one time, I got some odd looks from peope.
  • Options
    were you on anything else :yeees:
  • Options
    I wasnt no, and I dont like that tone.
  • Options
    tone? what tone, as if i would imply anything without overtly asking you :D

just thought i'd ask for clarification
  • Options
    That thing, 'smilie' insinuates that you think there was more to the story than I told, which I umbridge against.
  • Options
    :D this, this is just me projecting my aura of happiness...:D
  • Options
    You shouldnt use those things, they are quite annoying and purile.

I think thesite should get rid of them personally but hell thats just my view.
  • Options
    and as anyone who cares to listen knows you are so old and twisted and out to spoil everyones fun :rolleyes:

I like my aura of happiness :D

Whats wrong with it? :confused:

I think your jealous of my happy aura :p

I think all that :hyper: when you were at Uni made you :grump:

I can understand if you are :o about this but remember that we all :heart: you.

No need to :blush: , you make some great contributions so you should feel :yippe:
  • Options
    and as anyone who cares to listen knows you are so old and twisted and out to spoil everyones fun :rolleyes:

I like my aura of happiness :D

Whats wrong with it? :confused:

I think your jealous of my happy aura :p

I think all that :hyper: when you were at Uni made you :grump:

I can understand if you are :o about this but remember that we all :heart: you.

No need to :blush: , you make some great contributions so you should feel :yippe:

Given that its in the spirit of taking the piss out of them I quite like that use, well done.