Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

OOOOK we knew it was coming but heeere we go...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Clarke Orders Rethink on Cannabis classification

hmmm... i wonder how this one will go...

If they do end up putting it up to class B it will be the most ridiculous and pointless government U-turn certainly that i've heard of. Why are they arsing about with a law which is of very little consequence... and what possible difference can it make?

Are the old bill REALLY gonna 'jump to it' if Mein Fuhrer Clarke decrees Cannabis to be slightly more illegal?

Of course not, the law will be enacted exactley as it has been for the last 10 years...

EDIT: also the research which is underpinning this sights similar things that have been said before, it just cements the idea that cannabis has the ability to provoke symptoms of mental health, particularly schiezophrenia in those who are predesposed to it...and alot of these are heavy users...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Clarke Orders Rethink on Cannabis classification

hmmm... i wonder how this one will go...

If they do end up putting it up to class B it will be the most ridiculous and pointless government U-turn certainly that i've heard of. Why are they arsing about with a law which is of very little consequence... and what possible difference can it make?

Are the old bill REALLY gonna 'jump to it' if Mein Fuhrer Clarke decrees Cannabis to be slightly more illegal?

Of course not, the law will be enacted exactley as it has been for the last 10 years...

EDIT: also the research which is underpinning this sights similar things that have been said before, it just cements the idea that cannabis has the ability to provoke symptoms of mental health, particularly schiezophrenia in those who are predesposed to it...and alot of these are heavy users...

Labour are posturing before the election, it's pathetic.

This really pissed me off today...was listening to the radio on the bus...some woman indulging in a little rant about "cannabis causing paranoia and terrifying experiences" which she claimed was a reason for re-re-classication.

People's ignorance really is astounding.
    it's quite obvious labour are trying to swallow up any ground the tories have made on certain contentious issues such as drugs by coming out with this "re-think"...whats the point...the punters on the street will still be toking but it is outrageous none the less.....
    The Torries have said that they will revert it, which is mad, but they wont get in.

I fail to see under ANY siutation how cannabis (in ANY form) is as dangerous as methamphetamine.
    keith hellawell was giving a comment to the BBC and he said that 'What the government has done is reclassify cannabis so its now in the same class as slimming and sleeping tablets' (not a direct quote, summary of what he said).

SLEEPING TABLETS?!?!? Tranq's, Mr Hellawell, Valium has killed more people than Heroin...
    the police on the whole seem to be for the class c and against it going back to b.
    it wont matter a pigs burp anyway
    it wont matter a pigs burp anyway
    your right ...will anyone give a toss?
    the way weed has been policed for the last thirty years depends on the copper and the moment ...always been like that.
    it won't have the slightest effect on consumption.
    bongbudda wrote:
    The Torries have said that they will revert it, which is mad, but they wont get in.

I fail to see under ANY siutation how cannabis (in ANY form) is as dangerous as methamphetamine.

But meth isn't becoming big here yet? Or is it?

If it goes back to Class B...no difference, everyone will still be toking.

thats exactley why pre-epmtive Crack education wasnt put in place...what cost that now?
    the police on the whole seem to be for the class c and against it going back to b.

well i imagine police think cannabis related police work is a waste of time
    Shogun wrote:

If it goes back to Class B...no difference, everyone will still be toking.

Well no, methamphetamine will never be as wide spread as cannabis, but to put them in the same Class makes no sense what so ever.