Home Work & Volunteering
Take part in our next Watch Club on 2nd Feb at 7.30pm. We'll be talking about the film In the Heights! Sign up to take part and receive your free NOW pass!
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Anyone is welcome to join. Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Students/graduates, what are you doing this summer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's nearly summer (ish), so what are you going to be doing with your long break?

I can't make my mind up. I finish uni this year but don't really want to go straight into a full time job. I'm thinking of going back to work on a summer camp, or do different projects. Anybody know any good schemes?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    PussyKatty wrote:
    It's nearly summer (ish), so what are you going to be doing with your long break?

I can't make my mind up. I finish uni this year but don't really want to go straight into a full time job. I'm thinking of going back to work on a summer camp, or do different projects. Anybody know any good schemes?

I start my placement year in July, so don't get much of a holiday this year. My exams finish 25th May, so I'm going on holiday for a week after them, and then hopefully getting a part time job to try and pay some of the overdraft off before starting my placement.
    I am signing up to temping agencies in attempt to get some type of admin job. I will also be going to the uni job fair for the same thing.

I have recently thought that I should maybe try and get summer work experience in some kind of legal environment because I'm quite interested in going into law once I have finished my degree-the only thing is, I dont think things like that are usually paid and I need the money :(
    I'll get a full time job over the summer to earn plenty of currency to exchange for goods and services.
    I'll be working, like I normally am.