Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

excessive sweating

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    used the anhydrol forte for past 2 evenings. yeah it itched a bit but not half as bad as i expected. see how i go now fingers crossed it does the job

:)
  • Options
    Hope that works for you im at the stage where i might try something like that. I get the impression mine may be more hormonal change and anxiety though as yesterday i heard from my dad how he went through a period of serious sweating under the armpits when he firsted dated my mother (when he was 17-18) do you think there is a link?
  • Options
    when i went to doctors about mine she asked if i sweated anywhere else. As i only have excess sweating under my arms she said there is no problems with using this method. As long as you dont sweat excessively anywhere else this should work for you. This is my first day after apply for two nights. I am well pleased no wet patches on my t shirts and no sweating at all. I would recomend this to everyone, just told my sister so shes going to doctors to get some.
  • Options
    You don't need to get it on prescription, you can get it over the counter..
  • Options
    Hope that works for you im at the stage where i might try something like that. I get the impression mine may be more hormonal change and anxiety though as yesterday i heard from my dad how he went through a period of serious sweating under the armpits when he firsted dated my mother (when he was 17-18) do you think there is a link?
  • Options
    I have just been prescribed driclor off my doctor, and have only used it once. i couldnt bear to use it again because it stung sooooooooooo much!! :mad: i have quite sensitive armpits to start off with. does anyone have any advice on how to reduce the stinging sensation? (apart from apply it in the middle of the armpit)

thankyou!!

p.s. i have previously used mitchum and triple dry deodrants and they have not really worked. i dont have smelly sweat neither...
  • Options
    i bought driclor and have used it twice. omfg!!

i got up at 1am and washed it off. ITCH?????? and it stung like hell- that might have been coz i made it sore from itching it the night before.

thing is i think its worked already. i dont know.

how can i stop it itching?? just stop using it?

the same thing happened to me...its too much to bear and i am dreading having to use it again because it stung sooooo bad :banghead: , it made my cry :crying:
  • Options
    this stuff sounds like it might be usefull for work

i sweat lots while im there, not because i sweat excessively normally, just that its fecking hot
  • Options
    SweatyPits wrote:
    After years of suffering sweaty pits (late twenties) I stumbled across this thread, I always shower twice daily, literally after 30 mins of drying off and getting ready for work I'll be sweating under arm, quite an embarrassing problem, only able to wear white tops (I work at a desk, zero physical work and still sweat from underarm!) - going out was the same, get dressed and within the hour I'd normally have damp patches under shirt (no smell ever, just embarrassingly damp) - I read this and went off the the chemist to buy some Driclor (20ml for around £6, since found it online - 60ml for £4.97, but I wanted it there and then!), put it on Saturday night (only on the hairy bit), itched like a mofo for 2 hours and kept me awake, eventually I dropped off to sleep, woke up in the morning and washed off, a few red marks under arm, probably over eager with it! Anyway, as it was a bit sore I didn't put any deo on! That day I did some physical DIY work and not once did I break a sweat underarm!!! For me this is phenomenal, I didn't put anymore Driclor on last night (wanted to wait for redness to go, still a little sore)-this morning showered as usual, bit of deo and off to work, not once have I had the slightest hint of sweat from underarm, truly amazed, I had to keep feeling shirt because I could swear I was sweating, but it was always bone dry! As I sit here and type this (Monday evening) I still haven't sweated a drop underarm, not going to use it tonight either, redness is almost gone but may as well leave it another night, plus I want to see how long the effect lasts! Will apply a lot more conservatively next time now I know how effective the stuff is, give me 2 hours itching for 2 solid days dryness any day!
    I also get clammy palms, tried it on palms every night thus far (no itching on hands at all), it's *reduced* hand clammy-ness a decent amount, but not eliminated it, I'll continue using on palms every night though to see if it works over a longer period, 2 evenings isn't much and the packet does say a week or 2. I'm just amazed it worked underarm so well (and so quickly), kicking myself for not finding this stuff years ago!

i dont know how you could bear to keep driclor on...i had to take it off straight away and i am dreading having to use it again, although i will try if it worked great for you then perhaps i might pluck up the courage. :chin:
  • Options
    Hey i am so confused people, heres my case:
    Well i started encountering excessive sweating around New Year when i found my armpits were soaked, since then everytime i go to a party i end up with this problem and its really getting me down. I've tried Sure and Nivea and they do crap all. I tried deodrant recently( bcos was out of AP) and i found on 2 days it worked when i was at school and i was completely dry, then last friday i had damp armpits again. Another thing is when im with my girlfriend at her or my house i experience NO sweating ever but when im with her in public i do...isn't that weird? is it a psychological problem? due to stress? cos im just mightily confused.

Cheers for any replies in advance

i find the same thing that if i am in the house i dont really sweat, but as soon as i step outside, the sweat comes pouring out! i went to the doctors and was prescribed driclor, and i have only used it once and had to wash it off 10 mins later coz it stung really bad. but going by what other people are saying, if you put up with the stinging, the results are non-existent sweaty armpits (hopefully!)
  • Options
    I had this problem for years and basically got round it by just wearing black and white tops (pretty depressing). Over the last couple of years, I have tried a number of products such as Obadan, Maxim, Perspirex and Driclor. They made my skin itch like hell, I couldn't sleep and spent most of the night scratching my armpits to bits and woke up to find them bright red and very sore. On one occasion when I persisted, I developed an eczema-type 'abrasion' but I usually gave my armpits a few days to recover before trying again which meant that these products never actually worked because you have to apply them every night for about a week before you can reduce applications to once or twice a week as required. A couple of months ago, I tried Triple Dry. It didn't sting at all but also didn't stop the sweat marks appearing on my clothes. Recently, I received an email from CORAD Healthcare, the distributors of Maxim, saying that they have developed a version of their product for sensitive skin (Maxim Sensitive). I ordered this immediately, it didn't sting at all and there is no sign of sweat marks. I ordered it directly from CORAD Healthcare in the US (www.coradhealthcare.com), as I haven't found it anywhere in the UK.
    It is US$13.95 for one bottle or US$39.95 for four ('4 for 3'), but I wouldn't recommend this as it lasts a very long time. Good luck!
  • Options
    i have just discovered this site, and now feel tons better the fact that there are other peope out there who are in a similar situation to me! the last few months i have begun to sweat excessively, and is a bit embarassing as i have a part time job in a restaurant. i dont smell, and just really really damp!! tis a little embarassing. nothing seems to be working. i have just started using triple dry by linden voss, but am not sure if i am supposed to use normal deo i the morning, or not? and do i wash it off in the morning, or leave it? im a little confused, and would very much appreciate any tips or advice. cheers! :)
  • Options
    Hiya

This thread is pretty darn old. You are not alone though- loads of people use heavy duty anti-persiprant to combat sweaty pits. Start your own thread and the replies will come :) I use triple dry, wash it off in the morning then don't use another anti-perspirant. Like the other responses above, you may have to do this every night to start with, then reduce it to once or twice a week.
  • Options
    I have found through a discussion board a site that provides underarm pads against perspiration.... Does anyone uses those pads ?
  • Options
    becky4131 wrote: »
    hey, wondered if you could help me.
    I think i sweat too much and its getting embarrassing cause even though i use roll on and antiperspirant i still get sweat patches under my arms even if im only wearing a tshirt.
    Is there anything i could use to stop this? i am really embarrassed about wearing jumpers and things and paranoid about the smell. :blush:

http://www.pitrok.co.uk/cat--PitRok-natural-deodorants--PitRokDeodorants.html

I tried the solid one and works well
  • Options
    sorry it s underarmpads.co.uk
  • Options
    TheOne wrote: »
    i went into boots today and the only thing they advised me on is a product called 'anhydrol forte' has anyone used this before? tried odeban didnt work.

My first vivid memory of bad sweat patches was when I was 12. Constantly sweating, through Tee shirts, sweatshirts... you name
    it. I lived with if for years, ruining my teenage social life. After trying upteen deodorants, shaving my armpits, powders, layers of clothes... I somehow discovered Anhydrol Forte when I was 20. Use it a couple consecutive nights, then break for a few days, then repeat. The itchiness was unbearable, sometimes I would scratch my armpits untill I'd break the skin. The stuff worked!! I couldn't believe it. My life was instantly changed. No more embarrassing moments, no sweat patches, I could wear what I liked. I now only sweat like normal people... when I'm doing something that warrants sweating. That was almost 15 years ago, and to this day I owe this little bottle of magic stuff more than I can put into words. Use it, you won't regret it.
  • Options
    the thing is with me i mainly sweat down my back- what can i do to prevent this? is there a product i can use?