Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

excessive sweating

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GillyBaby wrote:
    My doctor prescribed Driclor - it worked but was awful to use. It really made my under arms itch so much that I couldn't get to sleep (as you have to use it before bed time)
    i bought driclor and have used it twice. omfg!!

i got up at 1am and washed it off. ITCH?????? and it stung like hell- that might have been coz i made it sore from itching it the night before.

how can i stop it itching?? just stop using it?

:shocking: Don't use Driclor! I had exactly the same problem - it was awful. You must make sure that you wash it off properly and hopefully this will get rid of the itching. I would wait a week or so before trying anything else - give the skin under your arms a chance to heal (as it is very sensitive in that area). Maybe for this week use Simple deo or something that is kind to your skin.

Triple Dry worked best for me - I am still using it! ;)
  • Options
    My bottle of Driclor is on the way! :)

Praying that it works as good as you all say - the itching or stinging will hoepfully not be as bad as the embarrassment of putting your arms up. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    When i used Driclor I found that it didn't sting as long as you only put it right in the centre of your armpit (on the bit where the hair grows) as this is where your sweat glands are.
    Once i managed to touch the skin next to this area and it stung like hell and went red. I learnt pretty quickly that a tiny bit in the middle is a much better idea!
  • Options
    xXxHelzxXx wrote:
    When i used Driclor I found that it didn't sting as long as you only put it right in the centre of your armpit (on the bit where the hair grows) as this is where your sweat glands are.
    Once i managed to touch the skin next to this area and it stung like hell and went red. I learnt pretty quickly that a tiny bit in the middle is a much better idea!

Thanks for the tip :thumb:
  • Options
    i only put a bit on in the middle last night, and it itched but wasnt too bad. Didnt stop me getting to sleep and didnt wake up feeling like my skin was on fire. so ill do the same tonight.
    im sure its working though. ill try to just get used to it for a few more days then not use it as much.
  • Options
    Got my Driclor this afternoon. Couldnt wait until bedtime - put it on as soon as I got it. Is only a tiny bit itchy but manageable. Can't wait to see if it works.

*fingers, toes and everything else crossed*
  • Options
    Mine definately works. I love it lol it's a miracle. I can go out and put my arms up now. Can't wait until the weekend, can put it to the test because im going to skegness with hockey on tour and then I've got school a week after so I'm hoping it will still work then. It better do...I didn't pay £5.99 for no reason!
  • Options
    I bought it only for 4.97!

Then again twas off the net. But I had a delivery free coupon which was worth 2.50.

www.pharmacy2u.co.uk
  • Options
    been using mine since saturday night. Dont put too much on. I did what someone here suggested and just but a bit in the middle and it makes it more bearable, but its really working!!!
    I had a tight t-shirt on all day today, i had a meeting in work, i did some excersize earlier on aswell, and i was completely dry!!
  • Options
    yeh its working for me too, the itching is quite bad but im only using it twice a week now cause it works so well. Im so much happier now and im so glad i started this thread, really didnt think anyone else was having the same problem but how wrong was i!! lol
  • Options
    All I can say is FUCKING GREAT!!! :thumb: Was at work all day and my underarms were dry as a bone. Even running about the place - forehead damp, my underarms remained dry! :hyper: It doesn't itch/sting at all now. Roll on the summer with coloured tops!!!! :yippe:

I am a Driclor covert!! :D
  • Options
    this was of great interest for me with summer coming up-every year at work I'd have awful sweat patches but didnt care as people didnt see. Now i work in a confined space which is already hot! I am successfully using mitchum but unsure whether this will work in the summer

Does anyone who does sweat alot underarm pits also sweat elsewhere or is that just me? I find if I;m hot and my legs are bent I get sweat patches behind my knees-and don't mention the nether regions! its so yukky and esp at nightclubs!!
  • Options
    i bought driclor and have used it twice. omfg!!

i got up at 1am and washed it off. ITCH?????? and it stung like hell- that might have been coz i made it sore from itching it the night before.

thing is i think its worked already. i dont know.

how can i stop it itching?? just stop using it?

I had the same problem when i first used it, turned out it was because i'd just shaved my underarms.
  • Options
    Jowolvo wrote:
    this was of great interest for me with summer coming up-every year at work I'd have awful sweat patches but didnt care as people didnt see. Now i work in a confined space which is already hot! I am successfully using mitchum but unsure whether this will work in the summer

Does anyone who does sweat alot underarm pits also sweat elsewhere or is that just me? I find if I;m hot and my legs are bent I get sweat patches behind my knees-and don't mention the nether regions! its so yukky and esp at nightclubs!!

The middle of my back and also my forehead! When i am out clubbing - I am just dripping! Should probably calm down....:( Or I could use Driclor all over ;) **

**i don't recommend this AT ALL**
  • Options
    :wave:

Well I went to Skegness at the weekend with Hockey and I didn't take it with me at all. I put it on the night previous to going and it still worked. I also went out on the piss and still worked, it's amazing! Love it!

Sorry Jowolvo, I can't really help with your problem but I can suggest that if you get the sweat patches under your knees when they are crossed or whatever get into a habit where you spread you legs out and let the air get to those areas. Maybe that will help.

Grace x
  • Options
    Not used it for the past two days - not a damp patch in site! Gonna see how long it lasts! I have a friend who has had the same bottle of the stuff for 2 years because she only uses it once a week maximum. :thumb:
  • Options
    Driclor

After years of suffering sweaty pits (late twenties) I stumbled across this thread, I always shower twice daily, literally after 30 mins of drying off and getting ready for work I'll be sweating under arm, quite an embarrassing problem, only able to wear white tops (I work at a desk, zero physical work and still sweat from underarm!) - going out was the same, get dressed and within the hour I'd normally have damp patches under shirt (no smell ever, just embarrassingly damp) - I read this and went off the the chemist to buy some Driclor (20ml for around £6, since found it online - 60ml for £4.97, but I wanted it there and then!), put it on Saturday night (only on the hairy bit), itched like a mofo for 2 hours and kept me awake, eventually I dropped off to sleep, woke up in the morning and washed off, a few red marks under arm, probably over eager with it! Anyway, as it was a bit sore I didn't put any deo on! That day I did some physical DIY work and not once did I break a sweat underarm!!! For me this is phenomenal, I didn't put anymore Driclor on last night (wanted to wait for redness to go, still a little sore)-this morning showered as usual, bit of deo and off to work, not once have I had the slightest hint of sweat from underarm, truly amazed, I had to keep feeling shirt because I could swear I was sweating, but it was always bone dry! As I sit here and type this (Monday evening) I still haven't sweated a drop underarm, not going to use it tonight either, redness is almost gone but may as well leave it another night, plus I want to see how long the effect lasts! Will apply a lot more conservatively next time now I know how effective the stuff is, give me 2 hours itching for 2 solid days dryness any day!
    I also get clammy palms, tried it on palms every night thus far (no itching on hands at all), it's *reduced* hand clammy-ness a decent amount, but not eliminated it, I'll continue using on palms every night though to see if it works over a longer period, 2 evenings isn't much and the packet does say a week or 2. I'm just amazed it worked underarm so well (and so quickly), kicking myself for not finding this stuff years ago!
  • Options
    It won't totally reduce the palm sweating becauuse you constantly use the hands and the stuff will be rubbed off!

I was the same, checking my shirt every two minutes..... I havent put it on for a week and only started sweating yesterday [was in work and the damn heating was on FULL, and the sun was splitting the trees] but less than I usually did.

Top quality stuff and it actually saves me money - buy less deodorant.

Win-Win situation.

Mon the Driclor!!!!
  • Options
    i went into boots today and the only thing they advised me on is a product called 'anhydrol forte' has anyone used this before? tried odeban didnt work.
  • Options
    anhydrol is the same stuff as driclor
  • Options
    Panthro wrote:
    It won't totally reduce the palm sweating becauuse you constantly use the hands and the stuff will be rubbed off!

I was the same, checking my shirt every two minutes..... I havent put it on for a week and only started sweating yesterday [was in work and the damn heating was on FULL, and the sun was splitting the trees] but less than I usually did.

Top quality stuff and it actually saves me money - buy less deodorant.

Win-Win situation.

Mon the Driclor!!!!

Not a sign of sweat today either, still not applied any more, may use a little again tonight as I don't want to push my luck! 3 solid days including a lot of physical activity yesterday! It's already made a vast difference to my daily life, no longer afraid to reach across people or raise my arms, still feel 'vulnerable' as I can't quite believe there's not going to be any sweat there hehe, I'll be buying some coloured tops this weekend anyway, a huge novelty over white!
    I've continued using it on my palms every evening before bed, still get a little clammy but far less often - it's improving every day - but to be honest, just having dry 'pits is still a huge novelty and I'm not too fussed about my hands at the moment!
    As you say, it's actually cost saving, I use the merest dab of stick deo now, might even try sprays, sprays have *never* worked on me, used to end up smelling by lunchtime if I used a spray, had to use stick deo (normal roll on has always been crappy for me too - I even tried Mitchum a year ago, total waste of time - zero effect!) - the amount of lynx stick I used to wear used to ruin shirts too. (Never stopped me sweating anyway, used it to avoid smelling if a long day at work was planned!)
    I got an order from http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/ - 60ml was cheaper than what I paid at the chemist for 20ml, plus it was very fast delivery (I've stocked up on it now hehe)
  • Options
    Pharmacy2u :thumb:

Thats where I got mine...... :D
  • Options
    TheOne wrote:
    i went into boots today and the only thing they advised me on is a product called 'anhydrol forte' has anyone used this before? tried odeban didnt work.

Yep thats the stuff I use. It's the same as driclor. I've been using it for a few years now, maybe just once a week. It does work but the itching is a bitch when you're trying to sleep.
    I tried every deodrant under the sun, including mitchum and triple dry, and none of them worked. Although, the best everyday deodrant I've found is the Amplex roll-on, they don't sell it in Boots though.

Although anhydrol forte/driclor work very well, apparently they direct the sweat elsewhere, so some people experience more sweating in other areas. My friend did, but I can't say I've had this problem.
  • Options
    Are you sure? Does it not diffuse into the blood vessels and be filtered out the kidneys. That is, you pish it out?

I oculd be wrong.

Amplex - get it in as of next friday my former employers, Superdrug.
  • Options
    well so far i have used driclor for 2 nights then left it for 2 nights and it has started to work.i havent experienced any itching,it stung a bit but not nearly as much as odeban.that was so painful.
  • Options
    I totally agree!

Jus been looking at this site 4 the 1st time and wen i saw the 'excessive sweating' message, i jus had to post a reply! Ive been suffering with this awful condition since I was about 15 and it totally dictates the clothes i wear! However, i have been using odaban 4 about 5 months now and it really is fantastic. Sometimes, it doesnt completely stop the sweating, but considering i used to b soaking wet all of the time, its only ever damp now. Duz sting a little, but is much beta than driclor, and is completely worth a little stinging! x plus, ive got my friend in2 it and she agrees tht its brill!
  • Options
    Hey i am so confused people, heres my case:
    Well i started encountering excessive sweating around New Year when i found my armpits were soaked, since then everytime i go to a party i end up with this problem and its really getting me down. I've tried Sure and Nivea and they do crap all. I tried deodrant recently( bcos was out of AP) and i found on 2 days it worked when i was at school and i was completely dry, then last friday i had damp armpits again. Another thing is when im with my girlfriend at her or my house i experience NO sweating ever but when im with her in public i do...isn't that weird? is it a psychological problem? due to stress? cos im just mightily confused.

Cheers for any replies in advance
  • Options
    yeh definately agree, that in certain situations (like goin out in public) the sweating can be much worse, due to anxiety/embarrassment. Wen im at home, or in a completely relaxed environment, i hardly ever sweat, but if ive got to go sumwhere where there are new people or something, the sweating can be terrible!
  • Options
    hi came across this site 2 days ago, had this problem for ages, started getting me really down, been to doctors today, perscribed me anhydrol forte looking forward to trying it out tonite, just have one question do you have to use this forever or does it stop you from sweating always.

cheers
  • Options
    You eventually need to use it less, my friend uses it only a few times a month and she has had the same bottle for 2 years..

Warn you.. it may itch or sting..