Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

weird painful bumps/lumps in underarm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
causing me much discomfot and pain i get them all the time, so then i stop using deoderant on that arm for a while and it semi-clears up but they wont go away. i started using a new roll on the other day and have about 4 bumps/lumps in my underarm now (its the same arms as my implanon implant so doubly hurts!!)

any creams or anything i can use to get rid of them? ive been spraying savlon on them but don't know if its actually making any difference.

Comments

• Options
    not quite sure what sort of bumps your on about. But you've glands under your arms which could be swollen.
  • Options
    they are quite big lumps under the skin in my underarm and are very painful
  • Options
  • Options
    I had one as well - i think i got rid of it by stopping shaving for a bit - but also more importantly changing my deodorant.
  • Options
    it could be a number of things, firstly.... did they appear after the implanon was fitted? if so maybe it could be to do with that, it may also be as already pointed out, swollen glands, ingrowing hair, or, it may be..... and this very doubtful, cancer.... get it checked hun
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Could be any number of things, and we can speculate, but the best thing to do is to go anda see your GP and be sure.
  • Options
    i know its nothing to do with the thread but.............
    Pink slippers has the most amazing av ever!
  • Options
    do they pop??
    ok sounds silly i know but if they do then its possibly something i got called Hidradentis its a skin condition causing boils sometimes rather large and painful, im not saying that is what you have but mine started out as small bumps underarm and has gotten worse
    i am on a support group for this so if you wanna check it out then pm me and ill send you the link (not sure about link posting here)
  • Options
    While I prefer roll on deodorants, then they and the sticks are most unhygienic as it catches all your bacterias and the likes.
    If you use one of those, maybe you should switch to a cream deodorant (biggest nuisance ever) or a spray?
  • Options
    Hey i sometimes get these although they seem to go away quickly. Ive heard that you have to be careful with these as lumps in the breast often start from furthur up eg under the arm. It will be nothing to worry about but it is worth getting checked if they aint going away and are getting worse.
  • Options
    i had that and it was just blocked glands from deodrant and shaving etc. I just went on antibiotics adn cleared up quick so dont worry! probablky something minor like that!
  • Options
    I'd suggest you go and make a visit with the doctor sometime soon- don't worry about "bothering them", it's their job. Don't gamble with your health, if it's nothing major, then that's fine and you'll have nothing to worry about, and it's a weight off your mind. If it is more serious then it's always better to know asap.
  • Options
    weird painful bumps/lumps in underarm

The ONLY remedy for your lumps in underarm is OREGANOL P73 MAXIMUM STRENGTH. After one year of back and forth to the doctors office. Different doctors and all prescribing antibiotics, hot soaks, every over the counter medication, I discovered in the my health store THE ONLY THING THAT HELPS OREGANOL. At the first sign of a pimple you apply it, it will sting like crazy but the following morning it's gone. This is the only solution!!!