Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are GP's grassers!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I was seeking help to find out why I was having the after effects of drug use that I am I found out that if you go to your GP about drug related problems they can have it put on your Employment record.
I know there is a thing called Doctor-Patient confidentiality but this is what I have been told.

I hold my hands up to say I may be wrong.

Does anyone else know whether this is true or not for sure?

Comments

• Options
    GPs are legally obliged to put you on a government register if they think you are a heroin addict.
  • Options
    As far as I know reded (is that the right name?) they cant do that. My gp was well aware of all the drugs I have used in the past etc etc, its never gone further than my medical records. There is only certain information that employers can get from medical records and that is stuff like mental health (if u have any concerns over how u treat children, or if u r a danger to yourself or others) but they only want this sort of info if u r looking to work with kids and things like that.
    Im not 100% but I dont think docters have the right to give anyone that info without your permission.
  • Options
    I think that its pretty sad if you cant go to them about a problem anyway because it means that people are suffering in silence. I am lucky because I know a drugs counseller and she has spoke to me about why I am getting weird reactions since I stopped taking Dids(pills).