Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Can't get high?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hope I'm not asking a question that's been asked before, but here it goes...

I've done E probably 20 times over the past 7 years. Always with other people and always from the same batch. I've have never felt a damn thing. Meanwhile, my friends are high as kites.

I heard somewhere that this happens to people who are on certain antidepressant drugs, which I am.

Anyone know anything about this?

And yes, I've stopped trying it. What a waste of money!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ive only ever heard of anti-depressants being good when u takes pills. I was on prozac and read loads of stuff about the effects and things. When u take prozac and pills u dont get a comedown, although I found it took me longer to come-up on a pill when I was on them.
    Im not sure about other anti-depressants and their effects, but if u r talking about prozac then it never had a bad effect with me.
    Maybe u r just getting sold duff pills?
    Truth is on some p[pl E just dont work.
    If u are depressed I would say dont take em n e way.
    Dunno whether anti depressanys neutralise the effect, doubt they would though, more likely u just got a natural resistance

I used to have that problem too sometimes, I think it's got something to do with serotonin levels in the brain.

These days I stay away from the pills, maybe I'm getting middle aged!

I wish pills wouldn't effect me then maybe I wouldn't feel like I do now!
    You are right to stay away.