Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Wow ppl...I am in shock

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a part of another forum group...one for SIers....been on there for a long time...

I have never seen so much anomosity in my life....does everyone have to attack everyone else?

I will have you know that this is the last post I will make as I am not going to be a part of this. I am not a big fan of making others feel bad about what they are thinking or how they are feeling. I dont understand how one can attack another when they dont even know this person irl.

I myself am a supportive and gentle person.....and dont need this.

Need I remind you.....

1. Please respect the opinions of others. Just because you don't agree, doesn't give you the right to make personal attacks on that person.

Comments

• Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    SIers..?

Sorry I didnt acctually bother to read the rest I just spent 5 minutes considering what that could mean.
  • Options
    Self Injury
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I don't attack people unless they are trying to provkoe a reaction by being offensive or idiotic themselves, say attack others.

Meh, what are you refering to exactally?

Do bear in mind some members might just be making a little joke and not serious.
  • Options
    dust0ly.gif
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    This place didn't used to be like that, as much as I remember... And it still isn't all attacking each other. There are nice people and nice threads.
    But, IMO, that you don't know someone on real life doesn't mean you can't judge them. If they admit to doing something you disagree with (and you have no reason to assume they're lying) then you can. Attacking is another matter though.
  • Options
    Tainted is right. I did post something saying it wasn't that bad but fuck it, she's right.
  • Options
    hsc0674l9dn.jpg
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    dust0ly.gif

Now you've got that song in my head! Arg!
  • Options
    Tainted wrote:
    I am a part of another forum group...one for SIers....been on there for a long time...

I have never seen so much anomosity in my life....does everyone have to attack everyone else?

I will have you know that this is the last post I will make as I am not going to be a part of this. I am not a big fan of making others feel bad about what they are thinking or how they are feeling. I dont understand how one can attack another when they dont even know this person irl.

I myself am a supportive and gentle person.....and dont need this.

Need I remind you.....

1. Please respect the opinions of others. Just because you don't agree, doesn't give you the right to make personal attacks on that person.

If I knew what you were referring to I could probably comment.

But since this is the only post I've seen you make, I can't.

Still, nice to have seen you. :wave:
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    If I knew what you were referring to I could probably comment.

But since this is the only post I've seen you make, I can't.

Still, nice to have seen you. :wave:

I think he means generally, and it is appalling, but anytime someone talks about it you get a load of people saying that it's only he internet and if you don't like the arguments then you can jsut ignore them. But for example, and I apoligise to Kermit in advance I'm not making you a scapegoat, just an example. Someone made a post in P&D about political correctness gone too far - some may disagree, but rather than contributing to the debate the comment was "Shut up, moron.".

It just doesn't make sense to me - and I apoligise again to Kermit, it was just an example, there are many that do it worse than you, but the fact that people do just make an attack or throw an insult without even thinking, for whatever reason. It's inconsiderate for want of a better word.
  • Options
    Well, this other forum is a self injury group, you are going to be nice to each other aren't you?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Well, this other forum is a self injury group, you are going to be nice to each other aren't you?

But his point that everyone here bitches at each other and argues like hell is completely valid, it's the only forum I've ever seen it on. On others I've been on as soon as so much as an argument or flaming breaks out the thread is locked and both parties receive a warning.
  • Options
    I should spend more time in my other forums I guess. What is it about this place then?
  • Options
    in essence, i disagree. as i've said over and over, this is real people, and real issues, not a mental asylum, so it's not all happy happy nicey nicey all the time. and neither should it be. that'd be weird, and quite scary.

if i do something stupid, and post about it, i wouldn't expect everyone to go 'well nevermind. you are a strong, independent woman, and you will learn from your mistakes'. i'd expect everyone to go: 'OMG, you twat. never do owt like that again, you silly woman'.

but at the moment, there are people insulting others just for the crack, and falling out with them, and it's just juvenile.

if you do something that pisses me off, i'll tell you. or i'll moan about it in secret. what i won't do is start world war 3 on the boards, or off the boards, and hold a grudge against you forever. what's the point?
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    if you do something that pisses me off, i'll tell you. or i'll moan about it in secret. what i won't do is start world war 3 on the boards, or off the boards, and hold a grudge against you forever. what's the point?

My theory is for some people TheSite is simply overwhelming in their life - people with 40 posts per day etc much spend at least a few hours on here every day, it's worrying! But that's just a theory, that some people get too involved with thesite.
  • Options
    that some people get too involved with thesite.
    nail on the head.
    theres a whole big ole world out there, fresh air and all that!

but yes, i admit, to some people i do want to just smash thier modems...
  • Options
    My theory is for some people TheSite is simply overwhelming in their life - people with 40 posts per day etc much spend at least a few hours on here every day, it's worrying! But that's just a theory, that some people get too involved with thesite.

you are probably very right, oh young wise one.

i do spend a few hours on here in the daytime while i'm at work (shhhh ;) ) but i do realise that it's only a website. if i had a better way to waste time at my boss's expense, i'd do that :p

sometimes people do piss me off, and sometimes people downright offend me (takes a lot, but it happens), but at the end of the day, that's their problem, not mine. and once i calm down, it really doesn't matter.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    sometimes people do piss me off, and sometimes people downright offend me (takes a lot, but it happens), but at the end of the day, that's their problem, not mine. and once i calm down, it really doesn't matter.

This is very true.

And I would much rather that people say what they think rather than we have an odd place here where everyone is nice to each other all the time.
  • Options
    people are very real here and say what they think regardless. if you don't like it then go back to your cushioned world.
  • Options
    It's pretty much only stupid people that get 'attacked'.

Don't act like a moron and you'll get along fine.
  • Options
    happy clappy land is through that doorway>>>>>>
  • Options
    Dont know what youre on about. I think everyones lovely and friendly here.
    maybe Ive just got low standards?
  • Options
    TBH, I don't think it's that bad either. I think that occasionally we're a bit coddled by the mods, but that's because I'm older than the target range I guess.
  • Options
    Dont know what youre on about. I think everyones lovely and friendly here.
    maybe Ive just got low standards?

pp0244parentaladvisory6bb.jpg
  • Options
    i've always been tongue-in-cheek in my slagging off others...it's only a bit of fun and what type of person gets worked up over what someone they don't know says...yea i know it's a real person behind the screen yaddi yaddi ya but come on...are you really gonna cry over a bit of slagging....slag back...it's funnier that way...ths place ain't real no harm to anyone.
  • Options
    some people should never go to the pub ...never go to work ...never go out.
  • Options
    i say what i want on here,and i,m allowed to,up to a point.i like being slagged off! it gets me through the day.
    if people were too nice,i,d get bored straight away!
  • Options
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i say what i want on here,and i,m allowed to,up to a point.i like being slagged off! it gets me through the day.
    if people were too nice,i,d get bored straight away!
    i've fixed me mirror now ya useless fat git.
    get off your fat arse put that beer down and fix that bleedin' wall!