Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Light bulbs

The light bulb has been gone in my bath room for over two weeks now. Although I know where the spares are kept and know *how* to change one, I'm just too scared too.

Am I the only person that is scared that the bulb will smash in my hand when I'm trying to get it out.

Some times the bulb can be a right bugger and end up being really stiff to twist and i end up with a big panic.

Although I like candle light its getting annoying having to keep on lighting candles everytime i need the loo

I dont really know why i'm posting this...please dont flame me...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It'll be reet. Move it side to side / up and down if it sticks a bit. They'll come out of the fixing before they smash in your hand :p

Now try touching a 60w bulb thats been on for 3 days :|

God i'm in a fixy mood tonight :p
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sometimes I'm scared of that happening, but it never has. Maybe you should try holding it with a thick piece of cloth?
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Meh, I personally think if it shatters in my hand, well, calling an ambulance WOULD be difficult and all. But these things happen.

Lightbulbs are made to be easy to remove, you don't have to get a hrd grip on them. Is it bayonette or screw in?
  • Options
    I got scared of changing the bulb in my friends room (because she's a very non techical person), because her lampshade ways a ton and looks like it's gonna fall out any moment....owch on the head...
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Meh, I personally think if it shatters in my hand, well, calling an ambulance WOULD be difficult and all. But these things happen.

Lightbulbs are made to be easy to remove, you don't have to get a hrd grip on them. Is it bayonette or screw in?

If its a single bulb, as she seems to have said, it'll most likely be a bayonet. Only real situation i can see a screw in being involved is if its one of those energy saver bulbs, in which case unscrewing would be no problem, or part of those light sets that you can move about.

How sad are we. Talking about lightbulbs at like 1am :|
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Only bad thing about bayonet is when you think its in, and lo, it pops out! :lol:

Yeah, how sad. But meh. I don't care, honest.

Those giant strip light bulb things are ace, we have two in our garage.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Those giant strip light bulb things are ace, we have two in our garage.

I have one in my room. A UV one :D
  • Options
    I get more worried that I'll electrocute myself, personally.
    And the last time I did change a lightbulb, it came out but everything around it had rotted and all this brown and grey moudly cak was falling on my head, that at first I thought was a load of dead woodlice. And then the whole thing came off in my hand, and my landlord still hasn't fixed it :mad:
  • Options
    Get a man into change it for you:yes:
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Lol, just makes sure the power is off... I was changing the bulbs on one of my disco light cabinets (Yes, I owned a mobile disco when I was 15) and stuck my finger in one of the sockets to remove some fluff completely forgetting that the power was swithched on! :shocking:
    It was actualy quite refreshing in a weird kind of way, although my knees where I was kneeling down were throbing like crazy for the next few days.

I had a lamp in my room as a little kid. At one time it had no bulb in it and I used to stick my finger in it for fun, so I know what you mean about the refreshing in a weird kind of way thing.

It's had no long term effects, honest.

wibble
  • Options
    I used to lick the plugs at the end of a power adaptor when they were plugged in :/ it was a really weird sensation. But addictive.
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    The light bulb has been gone in my bath room for over two weeks now. Although I know where the spares are kept and know *how* to change one, I'm just too scared too.

Am I the only person that is scared that the bulb will smash in my hand when I'm trying to get it out.

Some times the bulb can be a right bugger and end up being really stiff to twist and i end up with a big panic.

Although I like candle light its getting annoying having to keep on lighting candles everytime i need the loo

I dont really know why i'm posting this...please dont flame me...

Don't you have a boyfriend to do tasks like these? :yes:
  • Options
    tea towel!

so little intuition these days