Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Trying to find a Travis song...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Sometime before the summer of 1999, Travis released a single. I'm trying to find this single (a friend of mine had it), as it had another song on it which I'd quite like. I was sure the single was Diftwood, but I'd searched through Amazon and can't find the other song on any of the track listings. Now, I think I might just be going crazy, and that I must have dreamt that this song was on there, so I'd like some help in either locating it, or to confirm my insanity!! The other song was called Be My Baby, and was one of the songs from Dirty Dancing (I realise how strange this sounds!). Can anyone enlighten me?!?! I'm starting to think I've probably got very mixed up somewhere... :banghead:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sing us a bit of it, that might help someone remember?
    i think its called Sing

'if we sing, sing, sing, sing.'

ETA : http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=15262
    No, that's the thing, I know what the other song is, I'm just trying to work out which of Travis's singles it was on. The song is Be my Baby, from the Dirty Dancing film. I have the DD soundtrack, and it's on there, but I just remember it being really nice done by Travis and that's why I'm trying to get hold of their version...
    Kate1 wrote:
    No, that's the thing, I know what the other song is, I'm just trying to work out which of Travis's singles it was on. The song is Be my Baby, from the Dirty Dancing film. I have the DD soundtrack, and it's on there, but I just remember it being really nice done by Travis and that's why I'm trying to get hold of their version...
    oh sorry, i thought u were after that.
    It IS on driftwood- i have it! driftwood CD1 has driftwood, be my baby and where is the love on it. i just had a look at amazon, i dont think they can have done their tracklisting properly as they say both CD1 AND CD2 only have driftwood on it... but be my baby is definitely on my CD1!
    Woo hoo! Thank you so much! So, it's CD1 that has 'be my baby' on it? Right, will try and get hold of that one then. Thanks! :D