Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Without the interference of UCAS

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I have applied to my six universities, and now someone mentioned a course which I am really interested in.
Is there anyway possible in which I can apply without going through UCAS?

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As far as I'm aware, if you are a British and not a mature student or Oxbridge candidate, then applications are only dealth with through UCAS. I may be wrong, but I've never come accross any other way of applying.
    I imagine you could write a letter/e-mail to the course leader and ask them if you could apply. I know a few people who joined my course without going through UCAS, so I can't see why not.
    I think it is possible to apply directly to the university. But they might not be happy if you've also applied through UCAS. Why do you want to?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    No harm in trying to go through the university. They can only say no imo.

The other thing you *could* do is reject all your options and then go through clearning but that cuts everything else off as the course may not be available through clearing.

So yes, my advice would be to get in touch with the admissions office in the university and see what they suggest.
    you need to get in touch with the admissions tutor for the course/university you want to study on... see what they say... because they will be the best people to give you the advice that you need. :)
    I applied directly to the uni and got accepted fine.
    I was told if your only applying to one uni then you can do it directly, but otherwise it has to be UCAS, Could try ringing them though.