Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Smoking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
K i started smoking about 3 months ago, but recenty i cant down with some stomach bug thats been kicking around so i havnt had a fag in 4 days.

Now everytime i even smell an unlit cigerette i feel really sick. This bug wasnt anything special, cause my dad had it too (he doesnt smoke).

I know that maybe i should give up anyway, but is this sick feeling something to do with withdrawal?

Comments

• Options
    foo wrote:
    K i started smoking about 3 months ago, but recenty i cant down with some stomach bug thats been kicking around so i havnt had a fag in 4 days.

Now everytime i even smell an unlit cigerette i feel really sick. This bug wasnt anything special, cause my dad had it too (he doesnt smoke).

I know that maybe i should give up anyway, but is this sick feeling something to do with withdrawal?
    no.
  • Options
    Some people hate the smell of tobacco when they're ill. I know people who'll quit for a few days if they get a cold.

I'm a weirdo however, and seem to find fags taste nicer if i'm ill :confused: admittedly though i've only been ill about twice in the 3 years of smoking.
  • Options
    No, you were just ill.

Wait till your better again and you'll be back smoking.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Shogun wrote:
    No, you were just ill.

Wait till your better again and you'll be back smoking.

Unless he wants to stop ;)
  • Options
    after a while without fags i cant stand the sight or smell of them.

now, after months without them, they make me feel ill
  • Options
    Sounds like an intirely good thing to me, tobacco is the most useless drug ever!
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    Sounds like an intirely good thing to me, tobacco is the most useless drug ever!
    ...and in my case the most addictive and harmful substance i have ever encountered.
  • Options
    Spend loads of money, smell like shite, ruin your health and all for NO high!