Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

RND '05 - Big Hair & Beyond...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A little reminder about Red Nose Day for y'all...

Revamp your clothes, re-do your hair and reveal your inner beauty - Red Nose Day is coming, so whatever you do - Just Do Something!

RND '05 - Big Hair & Beyond gives you the chance to switch off the studies, switch on the imagination and go wild with your style or just do something stunningly simple to make yourself different.

There are endless possibilities for what you, your union, or even your lecturers could do to raise some cash - from cross-dressing parties to quiz nights, 'slave for a day auctions' to outrageous makeovers, there are no limits. Well, almost none!

Loads of unis around the country have already signed up to get involved in raising cash - including a mass head shaving in Manchester- so get the ideas flowing and make sure that your uni is not left out of the fun.

There's also the best ever range of Red Nose Day products to help you get reddy on Friday 11 March. As well as the brand new Red Nose (which comes complete with stickers, face paints and hair gel to get your makeover tarted), you can also get your hands on a 10th Anniversary Clothes Nose Badge, both available at Sainsbury's, Oxfam and www.rednoseday.com

Whether it's a Red Nose Day pub quiz or just a red hair transformation, Just Do Something for Red Nose Day 2005 and help us make it the biggest yet. Your money will help poor and disadvantaged people in the UK and Africa to help themselves. It's about giving people a leg up, not a hand out.

* By giving just £1 you could provide one child in Africa withexercise books and pens for one whole term of education.

* In the UK £1 would pay for a call made by Women's Aid to give urgently needed advice to women experiencing domestic abuse.

For fab fundraising ideas, exclusive student competitions and a special Student Pub Quiz go to www.rednoseday.com/students Or call 0845 605 8000 (calls charged at local rate) for your very own RND '05 Fundraising Kit.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As a Roman Catholic school my secondary technically is banned from supporting Red Nose day because they fund condoms for somewhere in Africa :/ Same as we aren't allowed proper sex ed talks or owt. It's craziness. But I might get the hair spray stuff and wear it to school as protest :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It's craziness. But I might get the hair spray stuff and wear it to school as protest

do it :yeees:

the vatican have consistantly spread mis information and lies about the effectiveness of condoms, not just taken a moral or religious stance...

i'm of the opinion that some in the Catholic church have alot of blood on their hands, not for their beliefs but for the ridiculous cycle of misinformation they perpetuate in alot of areas where people have little access to alternative sources of info.

back on topic....can i wear this for RND?

RS7136.jpg