Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is there a timeframe to respond to attraction??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i was wondering... if someone is attracted to me but i dont approach/respond within X amount of time.. she will discontinue the attraction and what will X be?... weeks months??

Comments

• Options
    I would imagine that the value of X depends on who the persons involved are and how strong the attraction is.

There's no law governing it.
  • Options
    Respond and respond now! it is the most frustrating thing waiting for someone to make the first move! Do yourself a favour and ask her out for a drink, Girls generally don't lose their attraction to someone else but they may lose interest so act now.
  • Options
    not many people would wait forever... so yes there is a timeframe, but that depends on the person.
  • Options
    Like people have said, depends on the person and the situation. Get in there now though. No-one wants to wait forever to find out if the other person likes them back. No time like the present and all :)
  • Options
    My boyfriend and I met four years before we finally got together. When we met, I was with someone else, then by the time that relationship ended, he was with someone, and then after not seeing each other for two years (he moved away to uni) and sporatically (sp?) keeping in touch, we got together last summer :) It can be done.. the attraction was always there, although we never admitted it to each other until the month before we got together! Just all depends on the circumstances and the people! He was well worth the wait tho! ;)
  • Options
    My experience of being attracted to people in nightclubs tells me that X = about 2 weeks

I've you've been friends for ages then X could be a few months

Deppends on the situation, as everyone says.