Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

age difference

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, here's the the thing. Does anyone think that it is alright for a 16 yr old and a 12/13yr old to have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship (without any sex) or do you think that it is completely unethical and perverted.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok, here's the the thing. Does anyone think that it is alright for a 16 yr old and a 12/13yr old to have a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship (without any sex) or do you think that it is completely unethical and perverted.

well is the person 12 or 13?
    Well when I was about 13, I had a 16 year old boyfriend (without sex) I didn't see anything wrong with it then, so can't start changing my mind now and say, yeah it is wrong.
    without the sex....maybe...but to be honest, i think it's a thing of maturity, if you feel that you are at a similar level of maturity as that person then maybe...but you also have to think of what stage of life you are at. they are just starting their secondry education as such and you are finishing. 12 i think is a little too young....but then again i find anyone under the age of 14 pretty annoying. i don't think it would work because i think you would be on 2 completely different levels. but if you love them do you honestly care what other people think?
    I, as a naive 16 year old, taught in a private all boys' school, went out with a 13 year old, worldly wise man eater from the wrong side of town. It was bloody hard work!
    12/13 is way to young. At 16 your nearly in adult hood & you should really be looking at girls around your own age.
    when i was 14 i went out with an 18 year old guy (3 1/2 year age difference) - without sex. I don't see the problem with it because we were both very mature about the whole thing. And no one really had a huge problem about it.
    However..12 seems a bit too young, they're barely into adolesence.
    I think 12 is too young it just wouldnt seem right... maybe when they both got older then they would both be more mature and know if it's right themselves
    I agree that the gap might be too big. But then again, if girls like older guys, you have nothing left in your age section, so you have to settle for younger. Right?
    Ethically, I see nothing wrong with it, as long as there's no sex. I think the only problem is that there is a very big difference between 12/13 and 16, and you might find the differences in maturity a tad frustrating. But if you love each other then you can overcome that.
    Personally, I've fairly recently been in a relationship with an 11-12 year age difference (no sex) and it was the most successful and loving relationship I've ever had. His maturity meant he had grown out of the petty squabbles I have with people my own age, and I learnt a lot from him.
    What worries me is that a 16 yr old boy is hardly going to wait around for his 12/13 yr old girlfriend to turn 16 so at such a young age she may feel pressurised!
    What worries me is that a 16 yr old boy is hardly going to wait around for his 12/13 yr old girlfriend to turn 16 so at such a young age she may feel pressurised!

:yes: