Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

i need a break!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
does anyone feel like they need to break, like easter holidays should be now? i have had so much work to do!everyone keeps warning me how much harder 2nd year is?im only just surviving 1st year!!!as for the money side, im screwed!!just wanted a moan!!! :banghead:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I know what you mean (just look at the other thread I made...) although I had a week off a while ago after my exams which isn't too bad.

but letting it all out is good, makes me feel alot better atleast :yes:

if you're doing a science degree, the second year does not have an increased work load, it does however, build upon the knowledge you gained in your first year (especially mathematically).
    and even in your second year, some of the stuff you'll be completely new to, so they wont be dropping you in at the deep end.

just work hard in your first year, and you wont find the second year to bad.

put effort in, dont do what I did, and be lazy, leaving revision to the last minute... it shows!

but most importantly, know that you can do anything you put your mind to, providing you're willing to put the work in :yes:
  • Options
    I've only been back a month! So I'm ok as I am, though won't complain about an easter break thankyou very much. :)
  • Options
    i need a break - desperatly! :yes:
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    i need a break - desperatly! :yes:

it's the weekend, chill out. :yes:
  • Options
    Go home for the weekend then.

And if you have no money, get a job. Or spend less on pointless crap.
  • Options
    as for going home, i live in a different country (even though im british!!) trust me i have tried to get a job, but as im not here for the holidays, they dont want me!!i dont spend my money on crap!!it goes to accommodation and fees!
  • Options
    I want a break... I'm having a breakdown. I feel cheated.

Meh, I recommend sleeping. Work and money stress all disappear.

I intend to sleep till Easter.

Well, once I've finished this damn essay.

Take it from me - Don't leave work till the last minute. It bites.

x
  • Options
    What the fuck? Moaning that you want a break. Sheesh. Students have an easy life as it is. Depending on your courses almost half the year is a holiday.

Try a real job.
  • Options
    harsh!!!yeah i agree some students do have it well easy!!but other students work their ass off constantly!!its unfair to say all students are lazy and have loads of time off, and during the holidays i have a full time job, so not much for the holiday!!!think before u speak!!!!
  • Options
    TheOne wrote:
    harsh!!!yeah i agree some students do have it well easy!!but other students work their ass off constantly!!its unfair to say all students are lazy and have loads of time off, and during the holidays i have a full time job, so not much for the holiday!!!think before u speak!!!!

I always think before I post, and, in fact, at no point did I say that students were lazy.

I said that they have an easy life, which is different. Although since you mention it some students are a bit lazy, yes :p

Fact is though, if you're a uni student you could be doing just a few hours of lectures, then have months off at a time.
  • Options
    I do 10 hours a week at uni (not including essays and stuff which i normally do they week before they're due in) and I have nearly 5 months off for summer! That's ridiculous. :eek2:
  • Options
    I do 10 hours a week at uni (not including essays and stuff which i normally do they week before they're due in) and I have nearly 5 months off for summer! That's ridiculous. :eek2:
    i thought home work was bad lol
  • Options
    i thought home work was bad lol

lol, home work. wait till college. :p
  • Options
    while i will admit that in regard to actual time spent in lecture theatres and seminar rooms, it is about 10 hours a week (at least for me) i will also say that this does not include the hours and hours of work that i do to understand what is actually being talked about during the lectures or the essays, presentations and group work that is due in.

Mist, while most of us do get half the year off, almost everyone i know at uni has a job not only during term and at home as well. So telling us students to try a job is slightly harsh as some of us manage to juggle full-time study as well a job to keep us afloat and also manage good grades. Oh, and i'm sure the whole point uni students who are at uni, is to eventually get a 'real job'- we'll be in your shoes soon enough, and i don't wish to preemp it..

But yes, i do agree that we should stop moaning, as moaning won't make break come quicker. especially as 'real job' people don't get easter holidays, this may appear to rub their noses in it.
  • Options
    while i will admit that in regard to actual time spent in lecture theatres and seminar rooms, it is about 10 hours a week (at least for me) i will also say that this does not include the hours and hours of work that i do to understand what is actually being talked about during the lectures or the essays, presentations and group work that is due in.

w00t. I've been to uni, I know what the workload is, and I still say it's an easy life.
  • Options
    I dispute it being that easy actually. It's a much greater mental strain to work and learn, than it is to work. And of course, uni isn't all your degree, people play sport to a demanding level, and want a social life in there too.

It is a shock though, realising there isn't a half term. I don't know why this thread didn't rock up last term, that was the one that was actually remotly difficult.

I found my year in work a lot easier than I've found my first year at uni.