Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Failed all my first semester exams

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
as the title said, I just got my results today, and have discovered that I've failed not one, but ALL my (second year) first semester's exams :banghead: (although I did get 66% for my laboratory module...)

what the fuck do I do now...?? :confused:

I had a really hard time over my exam period, and suffered from terrible stress and anxiety, which became rather self destructive, and definately had an effect on the out come of my exams.

I just had no motivation around the weeks I really needed to be revising.

I didnt do to well in my first years exams either, but I think that was due to the grief I was suffering at the time, after the loss of my grandad, but that was last year... and I've done worse at the begining of this year!

Thing is, I've not told anyone at the universtiy about the problems I was having, and am worried that I should have done something sooner :impissed:

... any advice ?

(sorry for the post length)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    at my uni as long as extenuation cercumstances are in by may then you are ok, if you speak to your lecturers you may be able to apply for extenuating circumstances. if you are not ellagavble (as it usually has to be a death or severe illness etc) then you will have to do the summer resits. if youu start your revision now it wont take up as much of your summer revision time. i speak from experience as to what i would have done had i had any brains cos im resiting 2nd year
  • Options
    you'll have an opportunity to resit over the summer.
    ask one of the admin staff in your faculty for an application for extenuating circumstances and get it filled in.
    talk to your gp about your constant low mood.
    and stop stressing out. :thumb:
  • Options
    Good luck with your resits!