Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Food - healthy choice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, just out of curiosity, how much would you pay for the healther choice of food,

For example, burger and fries with a coke from somewhere costs £2.99 now you could get excatly the same, taste the same, same portion but healthier, how much more would you pay for the healthier choice, if any,

Me, I am unsure how much, for a £2.99 meal probaby 4quid, if it's alot healther

you?

Comments

• Options
    You can get a meal deal in Boots (the healthy one), which is about the same as that burger, fries and Coke. Less, in fact. I think it's about £2.50ish.

So I usually go for that, unless I feel like I need junk, which is rare tbh.
  • Options
    why would you want it to taste like burger fries and coke?
    That kind of spoils the question really. Id pay more than that for a healthy meal, but if I wanted burgers fries and coke, then id just have that.
  • Options
    burgers taste like shit anyway. and considering you can get a huge, healthy sandwich in most bakers for about £2, and a bottle of water/juice for about 60p, i wouldn't pay a great deal.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    burgers taste like shit anyway. and considering you can get a huge, healthy sandwich in most bakers for about £2, and a bottle of water/juice for about 60p, i wouldn't pay a great deal.

most of the sandwiches arent that good for you in fact, in some cases youre better off eating the cardboard that is mcdonalds :lol:

i eat well and i eat bad, im in good health :thumb:

food is something to be enjoyed for its variety on top of nutrition
  • Options
    most of the sandwiches arent that good for you in fact, in some cases youre better off eating the cardboard that is mcdonalds :lol:

i think we're talking about different sandwiches. i don't mean the pre-prepared shite you get in petrol stations.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i think we're talking about different sandwiches. i don't mean the pre-prepared shite you get in petrol stations.
    Quite. Go to a bakers or something that does sandwiches, much nicer, and much better for ye.
  • Options
    i dont think you got me,

im basicly asking how much more would you pay if you could have your junk food healthy, say a mocdonalds contained ALOT less fat and carlories ect, but still tasted the same..
  • Options
    mcdonalds isn't real food. even if you took all the fat and calories away, it would still be bad for you.

eat something with vitamins in.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    i dont think you got me,

im basicly asking how much more would you pay if you could have your junk food healthy, say a mocdonalds contained ALOT less fat and carlories ect, but still tasted the same..
    I still would go for the Boots thing. If it still tasted like it does, then it makes no difference to me how healthy it is. There are times when I really feel like eating MacDonald's, and times when it really doesn't appeal to me. I couldn't care less about how healthy stuff is, I just eat what I feel like eating.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    mcdonalds isn't real food. even if you took all the fat and calories away, it would still be bad for you.

eat something with vitamins in.
    but thats what i am saying... If all the crap was taken out... God.. i just give up..
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    but thats what i am saying... If all the crap was taken out... God.. i just give up..
    If all the crap was taken out there'd be nothing left, is what she's saying, and is truth.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:

why would anyone pay any different if it was healthier? it'd still taste like shite. and if you took out all the crap, you would be left with... nothing. maybe a little bit of lettuce.

and surely anyone who eats mcdonalds enough to notice doesn't really give a crap about their health anyway, so why would it make a difference to them if it were healthier?

and before you throw your toys out of the pram, read the thread. people have been answering your question.
  • Options
    For a healthier version of burger and chips I would pay a bit more. Depends why it was healthier. If it was all organic then id be happy to pay more.
  • Options
    I don't see why you should have to pay more for something to be better for you, so i wouldn't i would go elsewhere.

And i wouldn't with a MacDonalds anway even if it was really good for me it would still taste like a pile o shite. As Franki said i always used to get the meal deals and stuff when i was in town, this was before i found the jacket potatoe hatch mind. I've not ate MacDonalds for over 2 years, not including the odd McFlurry mind :p
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    i found the jacket potatoe hatch mind.
    when I used to work in the diner at my last job, all the jacket potatoes were pre-cooked then frozen, so we just had to reheat them in the microwave. We then smothered them with hydrogenated margerine. I honestly dont think most baked potatos you can buy are any healthier
  • Options
    when I used to work in the diner at my last job, all the jacket potatoes were pre-cooked then frozen, so we just had to reheat them in the microwave. We then smothered them with hydrogenated margerine. I honestly dont think most baked potatos you can buy are any healthier

The cook them in a huge oven thing from raw, they probably aren't the most healthiest option you could choose but you get to pick all your own fillings and they are a dam site tastier and even cheaper than a Mac D's :yum:
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    The cook them in a huge oven thing from raw, they probably aren't the most healthiest option you could choose but you get to pick all your own fillings and they are a dam site tastier and even cheaper than a Mac D's :yum:
    id rather have one too any day. :yum: Just dont think baked spuds with butter/marge are THAT healthy, I agree theyre healhier than a mcshite burger and a darn sight more filling too.
  • Options
    humous, 2 pitta breads and couple of carrots....= about 1.50 and i'm talking pounds.
  • Options
    People don't really go to McDonalds to eat healthy food now, do they!

Give me bakers oven or subway anyday. (not that i'm saying they're healthy, but yum). :yum:
  • Options
    People don't really go to McDonalds to eat healthy food now, do they!

Give me bakers oven or subway anyday. (not that i'm saying they're healthy, but yum). :yum:
    Oh gawwwwwwwwd don't start me on Baker's Oven....'specially Roast Chicken Bakes.....oh gawd *drools*