Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

makeup - what do you use?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pic number one: MAC velvet moss eyeshadow and black eyeliner
    number two: MAC aquadisiac base on whole lid and and as an eyeliner I with a thin brush applied some Jewel Blue eyeshadow.
  • Options
    I use Benefit's Dr Feelgood which technically is more of a balm but it makes me look less dead. And a bit of their Dandelion powder. As for eye liner I use the tesco "make up" black one. Best eye liner I've ever owned. Sometimes I wear light blue eyeliner which is a randomer from boots as it was the perfect colour :)
  • Options
    Jacq you have such pretty eyes! Brighter eyeshadow looks so so good next to dark eyes rather than light ones (either that, or it just looks silly on me). I have an eye pic but it's rather boring - just mascara and smudgy eyeliner. I want to play about with gold eyeshadow though, which I believe to be universally flattering...
    eye eye pic
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Ah yes Dr. Feelgood is a wonder. The Benefit stuff is a bit expensive but really worth it I find. Might have to rush out and buy some Maybelline's Wonder Finish tomorrow though.
  • Options
    aha now i know what to do to post my eye...

sorry it's crap quality

That's my eye with virgin vie black velvet eyeliner on like the inner bit of my eye at the bottom... i might try and get a pic with cats eyes too... (when i flick out at the end)
  • Options
    Fish_food wrote:
    aha now i know what to do to post my eye...

sorry it's crap quality

That's my eye with virgin vie black velvet eyeliner on like the inner bit of my eye at the bottom... i might try and get a pic with cats eyes too... (when i flick out at the end)
    aaahh my eye looks quite diseased there
  • Options
    foundation -whichever no7 one im in the mood for
    eyeliner- no7 eye pen on the inside and liz colligne pencil on the outside
  • Options
  • Options
    Foundation: Max Factor Colour Adapt
    Bronzing powder: Rimmel
    Mascara: Collection 2000
    Eyeshadow: same as above
    Eye liner pencil: same as above in teal for nights out and a brown Rimmel one for during the day.
    Lipgloss: usually some cheap stuff I got from a magazine which is just as good as any shop bought one.
  • Options
    I dont want to sound dumb or anything but whats MAC? does it stand for somthing or is that its actual name?
  • Options
    Zella wrote:
    I dont want to sound dumb or anything but whats MAC? does it stand for somthing or is that its actual name?
    It's a name. MAC cosmetics :)
  • Options
    I bought some Maybelline Wonder Finish, so I'll let you know later if it's any good after all the fabby recommendations!

Eyeliner - my line still looks really blunt, like one long blunt line... very harsh. I need to smudge it a bit I reckon. :chin:
  • Options
    Maybelline everfresh foundation is the best but make sure you dab it on and blend well with a sponge.
    Collection 2000 eyeliner seems to be the cheapest and best ive used.
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    Foundation
    Eyeliner

Which of the above to you use? EDIT: I mean brands!!!

The reason I ask is I can't get a foundation that doesn't look like I'm caked in makeup so I use No. 7 tinted mouisturiser but it doesn't cover well enough when I want to go on a proper night out - only good for day wear.

Eyeliner - I used to use a certain L'Oreal one but they stopped making it and their replacement isn't as soft so it doesn't go on easily!
    I was also hoping people wouldn't mind posting some close up pics of their eyeliner 'cos I'm nosy / looking for new ways to do it.

Cheers :)

Foundation: I use Max Factor colour adapt as a base. The Oil of Olay conceiler for my spots and dark circles. Then followed by a small brushing of Number 7 powder.

Eye Liner: I've had so much trouble finding the perfect one, be it khol, liquid, pen etc.. So far my favourite (longest lasting, easiest to put on and cheapest) is Miss sporty khol in black.
  • Options
    no7 make-up base
    Maybelline everfresh foundation
    Tesco Barbara Daily(dont know if thats spelt right) concealer
    rimmel translucent face powder
    natural collection blusher on cheekbones then rimmel sunshimmer bronzer everywhere
    collection 2000 eyeshadow
    collection 2000 eyeliner
    maybelline volum express mascara
    loreal invincible platinum lipstick over the top of a kolor lipstick
  • Options
    I don't wear foundation cos my skin is too many different shades, and it takes too long to put on. My eyeliner is Rimmel Soft Kohl, they do it loads of different colours and it goes on so easily. it doesn't irritate sensitive eyes either.
  • Options
    AmsyBamsy wrote:
    My eyeliner is Rimmel Soft Kohl, they do it loads of different colours and it goes on so easily. it doesn't irritate sensitive eyes either.

i second that! so smooth and easy to blend or smudge
  • Options
    Hullo

Foundation : Estee Lauder So Ingenius in Ivory..really really nice for me! Really nice even coverage which isn't too thick and chocker block, still allows a little colour in the cheeks, before that I used Clinique's Clarifying Powder Makeup 01 - stopped using powder due to it really highlighting my dry skin patchs BUT the 'clarifying' bit according to the consultant meant it was designed to help clear spots or at least not to block up the skin and cause more...and to be honest, I found that to be true!

I don't use eye liner but know quite a bit about these and these come with recommendation from friends, consultants etc...! Sorry no specific names, it's just it's all dependant on the coverage you want, age of skin and such!

Clarins have some gorgeous summery eye liner sets, Lancome - great foundation and eye liners, Chanel depending on what foundation you went for, sometimes a little tangoed according to customers I've discussed foundations with, Christian Dior - foundation a tad smelly sometimes, someone I know reacted to it also- they do tend to be a bit heavier then others in comparrison. Elizabeth Arden - apparently the tinted foundation they do is amazing - really softens the skin and gives a gorgeous glow and I've seen it on a friend - really nice for like holidays and beaching it...! So yeah! Chanel eye liners as well - the kohl ones are loverly!

Malt xxx :)
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    I bought some Maybelline Wonder Finish, so I'll let you know later if it's any good after all the fabby recommendations!

:
    I bought some too, and I dont like it. Even the ivory one makes me look orangey, plus it doesnt give any coverage of blemishes or even out my skin tone particularly.
    soooo............
    Still searching for the perfect one.
  • Options
    I bought some too, and I dont like it. Even the ivory one makes me look orangey

i find that with all maybelline stuff. and it's not like i'm even crazy pale atm. i guess it's a personal thing.

and since posting in this thread i have discovered the joys of bourjois happy light foundation. i got it on special offer, so it was only a fiver, and with a generous slap of moisturiser underneath, it makes me look like i'm not wearing any make up, and have dead good skin. which i'm all about.

on the make up theme, after the recommendation on my powder thread, i invested in some mac loose powder (cheap, off ebay, i'm not made of money) and it's fucking amazing.
  • Options
    I don't use foundation; i use powder instead. One Dark pressed powder from Superdrug's Kolor range, and I also have a lighter shade from No 7 in Boots. Both cost about £5-7.
    Black eyeliner is from Boots as well: £1.99 from 17 range, and one for around £6 from No 7.
  • Options
    I use 17 get even foundation with the body shop pressed powder or clarins loose powder over the top.

Eyeliner wise i always used natural collection because they seem to blend really nicely.

Bumblebee - just do your pencil line then get a cotton bud and gently smudge the line, i always find this blends it well enough that it's not a blunt line anymore. Plus i've stopped using black eyeliner unless i want really dramatic and use brown/grey/green now as they tend to be less harsh looking.
  • Options

Foundation : Estee Lauder So Ingenius in Ivory..really really nice for me! Really nice even coverage which isn't too thick and chocker block, still allows a little colour in the cheeks

Yeah I have started using this and I really like it, I've got combination skin with dry patches and find alot of foundations show up on the dry bits.
    Also use:
    Bobbi Brown loose face powder in 'pale yellow' (its not yellow at all though!)
    No7 liquid pen eyeliner
    Bobbi Brown eyeliner or Benefit Bad Gal kohl pencil
    Maybelline Great lash in black & the waterproof one over the top as its more watery and seems to separate lashes much better
    Mac lipglass in 'underage'