Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

weight prob

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im a 16 year old girl. im 5'6 and i weigh 9 stones. but i want to have a curvier figure meaning thicker thighs, bigger bum and breasts. is there any food that helps you gain weight fast like nutrient bars?
i live in london. thanx for any help :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i have the cure but the fact that you live in london just wrecks it :(

sorry for being nasty, eh i'm sure someone else has something helpful to say, i don't know much about health tbh.
    Damn, or you could always swap with me. :P
    Hey,

I'm 5"2(ish) and weigh 6 stone 2 (approx). I've found putting weight on is really really really difficult... I've been trying for years now... especially when I went under 5 stone after an op...

If you're bothered about your weight talk to your doctor, but whenever I have they've always said so long as you eat healthily not to worry about it as you're obviously right for your own body (if that makes sense). I think it's slightly diffrent though if it's causing you a lot of mental stress... if so tell your GP this and maybe they'd know of something to help?

I've found the easier route is to not think about it and try and like my body as it is as changing it is a very long and difficult journey... so long as you're happy with yourself it doesn't really matter how you look... I sometimes look in the mirror and thing I look like a skinny bag of bones and I'd love bigger thighs etc but thats getting less and less now... I've started trying to stop hating seeing constant "how to lose weight" things in mags and stuff and started trying to feel lucky that I don't have the pressure of that on me... it could be a lot worse.

I don't know if I've made sense to you at all... But just so you know you're no the only one out there trying to put on weight instead of losing it as I always feel like I'm abnormal for that :rolleyes:
    been trying myself for the last 6 months or so, but it just keeps dropping. most annoying.

although my other half is also underweight, and after someone posted this tip on here he started having slim fast shakes as well as normal meals, and has put on a little weight. so thank you to whoever posted that!
    you can change your weight but you cant change your basic body shape, so changing your weight for a reason like that is possibly unrealistic.
    I personally think that your weight is an ideal weight for your height.
    Surely it doesn't matter what you weigh so long as you're eating sensibly (in which case no one would be overweight)
    Try having a natural peanut butter sandwich before you go to bed, its got a huge amount of calories in it.

Also you could try making your own weight gain milkshake which is a lot cheaper, tastier and healthier than crap slimfast.

Blend 1 banana, 2 scoops of ice cream and milk. :D
    i wish i had the problem of trying to GAIN weight, as for me, i need to learn how to lose weight!!
    turlough wrote:

sorry for being nasty, eh i'm sure someone else has something helpful to say, i don't know much about health tbh.
    lol with your lifestyle I'd have guessed not ;)
    kaffrin wrote:
    been trying myself for the last 6 months or so, but it just keeps dropping. most annoying.

although my other half is also underweight, and after someone posted this tip on here he started having slim fast shakes as well as normal meals, and has put on a little weight. so thank you to whoever posted that!

I'd have thought slim fasts would be low in Calories, maybe he should try Dunn's River - they also come in Cans and in loads of flavours
    cherridrop wrote:
    im a 16 year old girl. im 5'6 and i weigh 9 stones. but i want to have a curvier figure meaning thicker thighs, bigger bum and breasts. is there any food that helps you gain weight fast like nutrient bars?
    i live in london. thanx for any help :)

Do you want to gain weight or only gain curves in those areas because I would have thought 9 stones for your height was fine? Certainly not underweight?

Although personally I gain weight quickly in the first few weeks of every sumemr and I can only put this down to it becoming hot and me drinking loads of soft drinks for the first few weeks.
    I'd have thought slim fasts would be low in Calories, maybe he should try Dunn's River - they also come in Cans and in loads of flavours

we checked out the ingredients, and it's almost exactly the same as those build up drinks, but cheaper.

it's something like 200 calories a go, which seems low, but if you have 3 a day, on top of your meals, it's an extra 600. you don't want to gain too much too quickly and your heart give out.
    slim fast is designed as a meal replacement- therefore if you have it as well as eating normally its the equivelent of an extra balanced meal and has vits in too. its no different to those build up drinks, people lose weight on it because if you are following the plan you are having less calories a day.nutritionally its pretty much the same as weight gain drinks...its just not an extra- its an instead of.
    like kaffrin said! :blush:
    I've just put your details into a BMI calculator and it shows that you are sitting right in the middle of your healthy weight:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/health/fightingfat/bodymass.pl
    Putting too much weight on can be just as bad for you as loosing too much so think sensibly before you do so. I would suggest seeing a nutritionist - or at least your GP - to find out the kinds of foods that you can eat that will help you gain weight without doing damage to your heart/chlorestorol etc.

Start by reading these articles:

A balanced diet

Finding a dietician

:)
    Do you want to gain weight or only gain curves in those areas because I would have thought 9 stones for your height was fine? Certainly not underweight?

Although personally I gain weight quickly in the first few weeks of every sumemr and I can only put this down to it becoming hot and me drinking loads of soft drinks for the first few weeks.
    i realise that im not underweight, i just want to gain curvesn so i can be bootylious for da summer :hyper:
    turlough wrote:

so whats ur cure?
    Kath2003 wrote:
    Surely it doesn't matter what you weigh so long as you're eating sensibly (in which case no one would be overweight)
    but thats the thing. i can eat nothing but junk food for a month and still look the same
    unfortunately then hun you seem stuck! what about toning up muscles? that might make you look more curvy?? i dont really know coz i've always been over-weight!
    whats your bodyshape then?
    cherridrop wrote:
    but thats the thing. i can eat nothing but junk food for a month and still look the same

That was what I was advising you not to do! Don't put your health at risk for the sake of putting on a bit of weight.
    cherridrop wrote:

You probably don't actually eat that much. In your mind you think you are consuming a lot of calories because all you eat is junk food, when in fact your total calorie intake will be quite low.

If you ate 3 - 4 largeish meals a day then you wouldn't look the same.
    i wish i had the problem of trying to GAIN weight, as for me, i need to learn how to lose weight!!

:yes: me too. :(