Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Americans are not all stuipid, believe it or not.

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You sound like a racist. But to be honest, I don't think multi-culturalism works either. Even the head of the Board for Racial Equality agrees.

I'm all for integration, more along the lines of the American way of adopting immigrants, they really buy into the way of life and become true Americans. In the UK there is more of a celebration of differences and a tacit agreement that the immigrants are somehow foreign and not quite British.

The head of racial equality , dont care about white equality, they are actually racist against whites, promoting multi-culturalism for years then they had to eat their words.
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    The head of racial equality , dont care about white equality, they are actually racist against whites, promoting multi-culturalism for years then they had to eat their words.
    i have to agree with that!
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    i have to agree with that!

Thats nice? So they don't stand for racial equality at all then?

How exactly are they "racist against whites" ?

:confused:

yes ...especialy the white ones ...
    Thats nice? So they don't stand for racial equality at all then?

ok. all i,m saying is we concentrate so much on whats racist and whats not,that we forget our own rights as white people.yes they do stand for equality,but dont forget your own race either.
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    ok. all i,m saying is we concentrate so much on whats racist and whats not,that we forget our own rights as white people.yes they do stand for equality,but dont forget your own race either.
    psssst. you might find that seeing as one in ten are white that the other cases get a bit more attetion ...just a thought.
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Being at uni is not a demonstration of intelligence if the entry standards are set low.
    Even if they are set high it's not a show of intelligence.
    memelewis wrote:
    I feel compelled to let everyone know that not all Americans are stupid, fat, uneducated, ignorant, ethno-centric assholes! Just most of us! I know we all have greater things worry about anyhow, but I just wanted to make sure that people out there know that rational, loving and peaceful Amercians do exist.
    Well done :thumb:

Here's a prize for your efforts
    Big%20Mac.JPG

Just kidding :p
    psssst. you might find that seeing as one in ten are white that the other cases get a bit more attetion ...just a thought.
    psssst,fuck off! :wave:
    turlough wrote:
    sorry i just can't take you seriously anymore, why should we be jealous of american culture, lets look at american culture, you're either A) a skater boy with baggy jeans who likes to say stuff like "dude" and "radical" :rolleyes: or B) a red neck who likes to shag your sister, oh yes so enviable, well it's not that clear cut but you can see my point. cultural snobbery, us europeans have far more culture than the americans...

ok hey now, that is getting a little unnecessary isn't it? I don't typically think of myself as an American, I think of myself as an Oregonian because lord knows it's an entirely different country over here. But seriously dude (perhaps we do say "dude" a little) the youth isn't limited to these two areas, we have more than our fair share of leftist, skinheads, anarchists, etc. And lets not forget the hippies (they will always hold a special place in my heart lol). There is plenty of culture in the States.

I agree with your charges against matador (or whatever the name is), but lets try not to do it at the expense of those of us on this side o' the pond. :thumb:
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    Matadore i totally agree with you, i mean why does the left have a go at americans when there are worse regimes with worse war crimes?

it's mostly because the people who run our country love to run around banging pots and pans all the while screaming about democracy and how freedom is on the march. There certainly are worse regimes but since we like to run draped in the American flag pattering on and on about how we stand for the ultimate in freedom we are left open to a little more criticism.
    i say dude often enough and im from england
    very sweet then. "dude" is a nice word, it can be used in so many fashions that leaving it out of your vocabulary would be a crime. ;)

oh and about the whole "find an anti-bush U.S. website" try http://www.refuseandresist.org. good times I say.
    Well i like americans ;) dont care what anyone else thinks.
    to bad most of em don't like racists.
    Aladdin wrote:
    How many instances of anti-Americanism can you cite, Matadore?

There have been 126,452 posts in this forum to date.

Let's see how many you can find that are anti-American.

My guess is a whole number between 1 and -1.

And for the record, since you seem to ignore the obvious let me remind you that criticism however fierce of the US government does not constitute anti-Americanism.

So please do indulge us.

You've managed to find any yet Matadore?
    DEANO MAC wrote:
    psssst,fuck off! :wave:
    just been reading my post there ...does it actualy makes sense?
    i can't figure it out for the life of me now ...it must have made sense last night.
    I'man Irish-American mongrel living in Belfast. After the re-election of Bush I was ashamed to call myself American. It's just politics, no one here with average intelligence is trying to pigeon hole americans as fat sister shaggers... :chin:
    They seem to be much more vulnerable to manipulation than Europeans but that's much more to do with education and media control in America than with intelligence. It would be stupid and incorrect to suggest people of certain countries are more intelligent than others.

However people can willfully close their minds up and accept whatever they're told without questioning it. I think there is a lot of this attitude in the US, especially amongst hardcore Republican voters.

Practically all of our American customers whom we know well and have discussed politics with are absolutely appalled that Bush won the election. But then they own a passport and have travelled abroad so they have an advantage over most of their fellow citizens ;)
    Jesus christ have you'se no sense of sub-text, i already said it wasn't as clear cut as what i mentioned, my point was was that there is nothing too enviable about american culture and that our cultures are alot more diverse, in general of course, do i even have to say in general anymore, quite obviously i do because people just jump on anything you mention that sounds generalized even though you aren't trying to be.
    just been reading my post there ...does it actualy makes sense?
    i can't figure it out for the life of me now ...it must have made sense last night.
    god knows?? i been having the same feelings today.it all made sense last night after 5 cans of carling :confused:;) never mind...twoz good fun!
    shit wrong sign in...................................DEAN MAC
    thats better.........signed in as my girlfriend.
    turlough wrote:
    Jesus christ have you'se no sense of sub-text, i already said it wasn't as clear cut as what i mentioned, my point was was that there is nothing too enviable about american culture and that our cultures are alot more diverse, in general of course, do i even have to say in general anymore, quite obviously i do because people just jump on anything you mention that sounds generalized even though you aren't trying to be.

Yeah so basically you said something that was completely wrong, bigoted and pretty stupid.

Our culture isn't more diverse. You obviously have no idea about American culture, beyond Macdonalds and Hollywood movies.
    turlough wrote:

calm down turlough think of the childeren. :rolleyes:

when debating a simpleton racist as you were it does little good to make generalized inflammatory statements. We all knew what your point was, but I figured to call you on your generalities before that little prick could take them and run with em. :thumb:
    :( has anyone figured me out yet? does anyone know my sense of humour? i leave messages and subtle comical hints in my posts, i'm basically taking the piss out of everyone and it's working, if you met me in real life you'd know what i'm on about.
    Yeah so basically you said something that was completely wrong, bigoted and pretty stupid.

Our culture isn't more diverse. You obviously have no idea about American culture, beyond Macdonalds and Hollywood movies.

i can read a book and enjoy it, look at the sky and breath the AIR, yes the fresh air, i can fall hopelessly in love and not regret a moment of loss, i can also embrace my heritage and primacy, peace dude. shit i said an american word, i must be a conformist. :shocking:
    calm down turlough think of the childeren. :rolleyes:

when debating a simpleton racist as you were it does little good to make generalized inflammatory statements. We all knew what your point was, but I figured to call you on your generalities before that little prick could take them and run with em. :thumb:

point taken, i like this little internet game, i wonder what score it is....i'll sell you my soul for an ounce of respect......ahhahahaha whats the world coming too :shocking: and no i'm not on drugs i'm just high.
    turlough wrote:
    :( has anyone figured me out yet? does anyone know my sense of humour? i leave messages and subtle comical hints in my posts, i'm basically taking the piss out of everyone and it's working, if you met me in real life you'd know what i'm on about.

Woah!

You must be really clever. :yeees: