Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Americans are not all stuipid, believe it or not.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    Oh im a racist for not hating bush?? Or am i a racist for preferring american immigrants to thrid world immigrants, your attemp to play the race card is pathetic, Yes i dont like islam in britain, but ium afriad thats not racism, so go cry about something else.

So, you are actually a troll?

Or are you going to back up your claim that there are lots of muslims on these boards?

:confused:
    turlough wrote:
    i don't think it has anything to do with being smart, it's just that americans are more sucseptable to listen and believe everything they hear, if george bush says the country is under threat, then naturally the country is under threat, the facts, what are they :confused: europeans are generally more likely to think for themselves.

Balls. Generalising like that is just stupid.
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    Shut your face tourlough, stop blaming your life problems on bush, there are worse regimes out there and far worse wars, why dont you go and have a pop at them, you little scum bag.

where did i say "all my problems in life are directly related to bush" in fact, i couldn't give a toss about the monkey....but i know you do...aw thats soooo cute.
    Whats far worse Isenheart, regimes which make no pretense of their autocratic dispositions but which contain their abuses to their own soil or a government which spouts "the rule of law" and then proceeds to perpetrate the very sort of expansionistic war of aggression and domination for which we older folk were raised to condemn the Soviet Union during the cold war?

Do tell us which is worse, those who employ the rhetoric of "justice" and go on to disregard their own accountability to the norms of transnational conduct set forth in the Hague Convention, Vienna Convention, Geneva Convention and UN Charter (to name a few), or the pissant countries whom Western powers have repeatedly manipulated, invaded and tried to use for their own gluttonous and avaricious profit?

Seems you see current events in a vacuum and not as they are in the context of ongoing aspirations of empire by Washington over the past century.

Those of us who have been around long enough have heard the same rhetoric and seen the same roundrobins of militant aggression by those who claim to care so much for human rights decade after decade.

I submit to you that our hands are soaked in more blood and injustice, both through our direct actions as well as through those of our installed proxies, than all the supposed tyrants currently being targetted by Washington and its slavish opportunistic lapdogs.
    You know, I thought you'd given up on this place, Clan.
    I dont know what a troll is, but im getting the feeling is someone who dosnt agree with the views shared by most people on the forum, so yeah i guess im a troll,
    All i am saying is there is worse than bush, some of the wars in africa are terrible bloodbaths, people only like making a fuss about bush because america is big wealthy successfull country, so people love to hate them.
    I dont agree with the wars, simply because british soldiers have been killed uneccessary,
    but most americans are moral good people wtihout an evil bone in their body,
    Its easy for us to sit here and critisize them, but what you are forgetting is what happened to the americans in 911, if a bomb went off in london and killed 2k+ of our people, alot of people might start to think a bit different about the situation.
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    if a bomb went off in london and killed 2k+ of our people, alot of people might start to think a bit different about the situation.

So you've never heard of the IRA then?
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    I dont know what a troll is, but im getting the feeling is someone who dosnt agree with the views shared by most people on the forum, so yeah i guess im a troll,
    All i am saying is there is worse than bush, some of the wars in africa are terrible bloodbaths, people only like making a fuss about bush because america is big wealthy successfull country, so people love to hate them.
    I dont agree with the wars, simply because british soldiers have been killed uneccessary,
    but most americans are moral good people wtihout an evil bone in their body,
    Its easy for us to sit here and critisize them, but what you are forgetting is what happened to the americans in 911, if a bomb went off in london and killed 2k+ of our people, alot of people might start to think a bit different about the situation.

a troll is someone who comes in usually with prejudices, splurts them out just to annoy people, you fit that description well

bush is supposed ot be the upholder of democracy, i find it very annoying that while holding this title he thinks he has the power to invade whoever he wants

what about the american, dutch, iraqi soldiers, the iraqi civilians, do they not count or is it only british soldiers that count

aye they are good people, they just listen to bush too much which sorta makes them fools.

more people die each day from hunger than did in 9/11, yes it was bad but the reaction from it was wrong and over-blown, i have been a victim from terrorism btw.

london has been bombed several times, the UK government actually had the balls to talk to the terrorists that bombed the place, result=peace, how many IRA bombs go off in london per year, eh let me see, 1, 2, 3....ZERO. why doesn't bush talk to the "terrorists" instead of blowing the bits out of countries.
    You want to talk bloodbaths Isenheart, why not go and examine the real body count we wracked up under our routine claim of "collateral damage" in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Or go back a few decades and examine the half million cambodians we annihilated through illegal carpet bombing during Vietnam.

That doesnt even begin to touch upon the countless proxy wars we pushed our client dictators, like Saddam, to pursue purely to serve our interests (only to label the deaths from that conflict decades later as "genocide" and use them as a pretext for yet further massacre and invasion).

Just because your preferred news sources refuse to report the full historic context of our actions (and their repercussions) and employ the classic tactic of inflating the atrocities of others doesnt mean that what you suppose are "worse wars" are in point of fact even close to the atrocities our own governments have been committing around the globe for decades.

Dont be fooled cause our governments can dress up their corruption and criminality in pretty slogans and rhetoric. Evil is measured in ruined lives and that is precisely what we have built our Western economies upon.
    this period in history will be looked back on as one of notoriety and barbarity, i thought we were supossed to be the most civilised society ever on earth's history.
    History just repeates itself Turlough, you should know that. Terms like "civilised" and "democracy" et al merely refer to the pacification of our western populations even to the point of no longer having the collective will to exercise true civic duty and regularly scrutinise the actions of our own governments.

Just more signs of the same cycle that saw the rise and ultimately the fall of every empire in the history of man.

Godspeed that day!
    History just repeates itself Turlough, you should know that. Terms like "civilised" and "democracy" et al merely refer to the pacification of our western populations even to the point of no longer having the collective will to exercise true civic duty and regularly scrutinise the actions of our own governments.

Just more signs of the same cycle that saw the rise and ultimately the fall of every empire in the history of man.

Godspeed that day!

i supposse you're right, i just think that by now humans in general should learn the lessons but that'll never happen, it's in our nature to do these things, fuck it.
    Ok. And not all British people have bad teeth, drink tea and talk like Tony Blair or Daffney from Frasier.
    Ok. And not all British people ... talk like ... Daffney from Frasier.

Do any?
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    Memelewis,
    Most people on this forum are anti-war leftys, alot of them are also muslim, thats why you see alot of anti-american sentiment on this forum, take what they say with a pinch of salt, this dosnt reflect the overall british populations opinion of americans,
    I would rather we had american immigrants here than the ones we are getting now anyday.
    fuckin hell! you sure know how to start a war yourself! you cannot be seriously thinking this?? i dont hate americans,i hate bush for his attitude towards other countries,and ignorance towards the people that live in them.
    the only interest he has is for oil! it has nothing to do with 911! we have lived with terrorism for years and allways will while we have stupid governments.
    And nothing to do with the current regime and their actions?

No, I think not.

Anti-Americanism on the European left has been around for decades. In part due to jealousy, arrogance, cultural snobbery, misinformation, assumption and atheism (I kid you not - the Euro left really is that arrogant).
    You know, I thought you'd given up on this place, Clan

I havent given up on the place MoK, I just dont have the free time at the moment to post more.
    Anti-Americanism on the European left has been around for decades. In part due to jealousy, arrogance, cultural snobbery, misinformation, assumption and atheism (I kid you not - the Euro left really is that arrogant).

sorry i just can't take you seriously anymore, why should we be jealous of american culture, lets look at american culture, you're either A) a skater boy with baggy jeans who likes to say stuff like "dude" and "radical" :rolleyes: or B) a red neck who likes to shag your sister, oh yes so enviable, well it's not that clear cut but you can see my point. cultural snobbery, us europeans have far more culture than the americans, you talk about immigrants being shipped off, i think you should be shipped off to america cos you clearly aren't happy being English. atheism, what the fuck has that got to do with anything? you live in a delusional world.
    No, I think not.

And, nothing to do with the regime and their actions?

:confused:
    No, I think not.

Are you going to actually state why you believe this to be the case, or just make a moronic blanket statement as per usual?
    Actually I love a lot of American culture. Blues, jazz, hip hop, house, techno, rock, punk etc. All with roots in the US. I love American films, Scorsese is an excellent director for instance. Its a fascinating place.

And in the Centre? On the right?

Or is it just the left who hate the US... even though most of the comments on this board relate to the regime...
    lets look at american culture, you're either A) a skater boy with baggy jeans who likes to say stuff like "dude" and "radical" or B) a red neck who likes to shag your sister,

This kind of drivel is exactly what I mean. You havent got a clue.
    And in the Centre? On the right?

Less so, but recently it has in fact become 'trendy' to dislike the USA without in fact analyzing its actions. Knee-jerk anti-Americanism is alive and well, not only on this board, but in Europe as a whole.
    Less so, but recently it has in fact become 'trendy' to dislike the USA without in fact analyzing its actions. Knee-jerk anti-Americanism is alive and well, not only on this board, but in Europe as a whole.

Examples?
    No, I think not.

Matadore i totally agree with you, i mean why does the left have a go at americans when there are worse regimes with worse war crimes? Its because they love to hate america for all the reasons you said.
    memelewis wrote:
    So glad I misspelled STUPID as I'm defending how "smart" I am. Sorry. Oops.
    i got no further than reading this post ...welcome to one of our american brothers ...cousins ...whatever.
    i think america is a fantastic country with a fantstic amount of freedom and inovation ...do yourselves a favour though and the rest of the world ...KILL THE BUSH DYNASTY STONE DEAD!
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    Matadore i totally agree with you, i mean why does the left have a go at americans when there are worse regimes with worse war crimes? Its because they love to hate america for all the reasons you said.

Or is it to do with the US being the most powerful country? Hmmmm...
    LOL. Mat you are truly the poster boy for sanitised media indoctrination.

Anyone with an ounce of critical reasoning ability criticises Washington for its wanton and repeated lies, pursuit of war of aggression and hypocritical disregard for the same "rule of law" it claims to champion.

Obviously you lack the analytical capacity to comprehend that fact.
    Yes, that too.
    You should see some of the anti-British stuff on American websites and not just anti-left either... :yes: