Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Americans are not all stuipid, believe it or not.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel compelled to let everyone know that not all Americans are stupid, fat, uneducated, ignorant, ethno-centric assholes! Just most of us! I know we all have greater things worry about anyhow, but I just wanted to make sure that people out there know that rational, loving and peaceful Amercians do exist.

Comments

• Options
    Oops

So glad I misspelled STUPID as I'm defending how "smart" I am. Sorry. Oops.
  • Options
    memelewis wrote:
    I feel compelled to let everyone know that not all Americans are stupid, fat, uneducated, ignorant, ethno-centric assholes! Just most of us! I know we all have greater things worry about anyhow, but I just wanted to make sure that people out there know that rational, loving and peaceful Amercians do exist.

yeh i think americans are mad.... we hav this uni they come to study at (on the godl coast) and every mornign they catch the bus and all my frends and i cant stop staring at them i dont no y cos they r just gorgeous....than they get off and were like man i wish i was them lol
  • Options
    and they are all at uni too so obviously shows intellegence
  • Options
    Being at uni is not a demonstration of intelligence if the entry standards are set low.
  • Options
    Just most of them? :p
  • Options
    well obviously if you go to uni u hav some kind of goal in life which is better than playing on the computer all day long and night wen ur 20
  • Options
    I dont even think most of them are stupid. I reckon just as many Europeans are thick.
  • Options
    memelewis wrote:
    of corse we know normal americans exist.....i just wish one would run the country! :) oh,and british people arnt all perfect anyway!
  • Options
    memelewis wrote:
    I feel compelled to let everyone know that not all Americans are stupid, fat, uneducated, ignorant, ethno-centric assholes! Just most of us!

Sadly that majority proved it when they voted...

Are you planning to hang around?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Being at uni is not a demonstration of intelligence if the entry standards are set low.

But intelligence isn't necissarily proportional to acheivement. People work their ass off, can still be quite dim, but get As.

Anyway, as for Americans, I know Americans can be great. Just the stereotypical texan attitude is what people don't like - think they're so much better than others because they're rich, powerful, and can buy anything they want etc. But a humble american isn't rare at all. Only thing to say about America in general is some of your social economics don't seem to make sense. Letting someone fall through the net means they cant go on to have a productive life to society.

Bush has done no favours for how people perceive Americans from across the world though. Silly president.
  • Options
    Memelewis,
    Most people on this forum are anti-war leftys, alot of them are also muslim, thats why you see alot of anti-american sentiment on this forum, take what they say with a pinch of salt, this dosnt reflect the overall british populations opinion of americans,
    I would rather we had american immigrants here than the ones we are getting now anyday.
  • Options
    Oh look a new troll :wave:
  • Options
    Why am i a troll because i dont share you left wing views?
  • Options
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    Why am i a troll because i dont share you left wing views?

Perhaps you could start by telling us which of us are muslim
    Most people on this forum are anti-war leftys, alot of them are also muslim

A lot of us should mean a lengthy list, no?

If you can't provide one, we might be entitled to think that you're making outrageous statements for effect ...... next, we'll start imaging that you come from Grimsby.....

:wave:
  • Options
    No, rather because of the following hilarious comments:
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    Memelewis,
    Most people on this forum are anti-war leftys,
    Wrong.
    alot of them are also muslim,
    Double wrong

thats why you see alot of anti-american sentiment on this forum,
    Triple wrong.

And as for this comment
    I would rather we had american immigrants here than the ones we are getting now anyday.
    it just goes to confirms the suspicions of anyone who's read your post must have been forming about you.

But do carry on... see if you reach a century.
  • Options
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    alot of them are also muslim

Which means what, exactly?

Are you insinuating that anti-US Govt approaches are just a Muslim thing.

Worth noting that I am only aware of two muslims on these boards... perhaps you, as a newine, know more than I...?
    thats why you see alot of anti-american sentiment on this forum

Nothing to do with the totalitarian approach of their Govt then.

Still, as you seem to think I am a lefty, and Peeps thinks I am right wing, I must be getting somewhere...
    this dosnt reflect the overall british populations opinion of americans

Maybe not in your racist circles, but in the areas I can be found I have to say I have never seen sentiment so anti-US.

Agreed, let's have more, they certainly have a regime which is dangerous so asylum shouldn't be an issue.
  • Options
    There is certainly a lot of anti-americanism on this board.
  • Options

Yup, theres quite a lot of it in the real world as well.

The US Governement might EVEN be the cause of it......
  • Options

You ever wonder why?
  • Options
    Certainly, and it all comes back to the irrational and illogical hatred the European left holds for the United States.
  • Options
    How many instances of anti-Americanism can you cite, Matadore?

There have been 126,452 posts in this forum to date.

Let's see how many you can find that are anti-American.

My guess is a whole number between 1 and -1.

And for the record, since you seem to ignore the obvious let me remind you that criticism however fierce of the US government does not constitute anti-Americanism.

So please do indulge us.
  • Options
    Certainly, and it all comes back to the irrational and illogical hatred the European left holds for the United States.

Nothing to do with the illogical and irrational hatred of the neo-cons towards muslims then?

And, of course nothing to do with the bullying arrogance of a country that trashes the UN, declares it ineffective, and then proceeds to take control of oil based resources in Afghanistan and Iraq, before setting its sites on Syria and Iran?

I think, were you suddenly to become capable of rational, logical thought you'd discover that there is a rational logical basis for the sentiment......

:)
  • Options

And nothing to do with the current regime and their actions?
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    How many instances of anti-Americanism can you cite, Matadore?

There have been 126,452 posts in this forum to date.

Let's see how many you can find that are anti-American.

My guess is a whole number between 1 and -1.

And for the record, since you seem to ignore the obvious let me remind you that criticism however fierce of the US government does not constitute anti-Americanism.

So please do indulge us.

Hmm... :chin: There have been a few anti-american posts to be fair.
  • Options
    Hmm... :chin: There have been a few anti-american posts to be fair.

Can you cite them?

:confused:
  • Options
    I dont even think most of them are stupid. I reckon just as many Europeans are thick.

i don't think it has anything to do with being smart, it's just that americans are more sucseptable to listen and believe everything they hear, if george bush says the country is under threat, then naturally the country is under threat, the facts, what are they :confused: europeans are generally more likely to think for themselves.
  • Options
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    Memelewis,
    Most people on this forum are anti-war leftys, alot of them are also muslim, thats why you see alot of anti-american sentiment on this forum, take what they say with a pinch of salt, this dosnt reflect the overall british populations opinion of americans,

what has being muslim got to do with anything? another matadore, but you won't last long, nice meeting you....now fuck off. :wave:
  • Options
    Oh im a racist for not hating bush?? Or am i a racist for preferring american immigrants to thrid world immigrants, your attemp to play the race card is pathetic, Yes i dont like islam in britain, but ium afriad thats not racism, so go cry about something else.
  • Options
    Hmm, im every bit a white anglo saxon and an American citizen to boot and I venture I'm more critical of my own government and its policies than anyone on these boards.

There goes Isenheart's duly indoctrinated claptrap up in smoke.
  • Options
    Shut your face tourlough, stop blaming your life problems on bush, there are worse regimes out there and far worse wars, why dont you go and have a pop at them, you little scum bag.