Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

sunbeds

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    dominatrix wrote:
    poisonfairy - I wasn't meaning you personally. Just repliers in general, particularly the first one.

chan-chan - I've never heard of a glow cream. What is it exactly?

Rainbow Brite - I've got fair skin and fair hair, no freckles, I've had a tan once but tend to stay out of the sun as I get heat rash, and my mum has an allergy to sunlight so I don't want to go the same way as her :-/ I do burn, but that's because I'm silly and have a habit of forgetting to put sun cream on when I'm going to be in the sun for a long time.
    Glow Creams: it just a lotion that gives you an all-over glow - it has little dusings of glitter and stuff in it. Its like a body lotion but it just gives a nicer look.

Ok, I don't tan, ive got dark skin, but I used it in the summer and it looked nice and radiant along my shoulders and chest.

just an idea for a alturnative.
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    You may burn on a sunbed. I went on one a few years ago (I'm quite pale) and all my back was badly burnt. It really hurt. I know the fashion is to be orange but really it is so so bad for you. Last summer I didn't wear suncream on my face and now I have discolouration, and wrinkles around my eyes. I will definitely be wearing suncream every day this summer.

Having said all that, if you go to a decent tanning place, they *should* advise you. However, considering that most of the people who work there are all vain and bright orange, and just want your money (it is also an unregulated industry) it's unlikely you will get great advice.

Alot of the customers who come to use the sunbeds where i work are having a few to gradually build up a colour before they go away somewhere because then they are less likely to burn on holiday, thats why alot of people seem to do it, it does help *if* the right amount of minutes are used,
    which where i work is what we tell customers, at the end of the day i couldn't care less if people don't want to use the beds, and certainly doesn't make any difference if we don't get there money, as i get paid exactly the same as i would if i didn't sell anything. I'm just saying that the people that work places like that i.e me aren't always orange money grabbing people as some may think :no:
  • Options
    yo hi my names gucci princess how r u nice 2 meet u
  • Options
    fine thanks, but youre supposed to reply with stuff relevant to the thread or start your own one in the relevant forum.
  • Options
    yo hi my names gucci princess how r u nice 2 meet u

I lie awake at night and cry about moments like these.