Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Why is it always the sun?

1235»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    cure his AIDS,.

I nominate you for stupidest person on this board.

And that is some achievement, seeing as any Tom, Dick and Harry is let on........

9/10 people I speak too don't want stupid people on these boards, they make a mess of it, it is so bad...... :crying:

I'm off to console myself with the 'intelligent' Daily Mail.......... :no:
    Isenheart8 wrote:
    Well the people that have lived here for over 1000 years , the people that built this nation, maybe if you watch a video of the people 50 years ago it might help you understand.

No-one has ever lived anywhere for more than a 1000 years!!!!

I would imagine pretty much all the 'whities' who you consider 'real' British, have Norman blood

That kinda puts a hole in your criterion doens't it?
    Britain for the Celts.

Lets get rid of those awful Anglo-Saxons and Normans. And anyone with Roman blood. Oh and the Vikings. And the Irish come to that.
    And the Scots had better move back to ireland where they came from. And can anyone find any Picts anymore?

Bugger it, given the confusion this could cause perhaps we better all move back to Africa where all our ancestors originated from.
    Good monging racist troll scumbag :wave:

Too many stupidities to bother replying to them all (or any of them to be honest).

Besides I'm not sure if you're going to be here much longer.

Have you had your morning wank over a photo of Nick Griffin yet?
    Great! Already gone.

Good riddance. Thank you Jim!
    What was he banned for precisely I wonder?

I don't think it is good to ban all the idiots really, people need some target practise........
    Quite nasty racism regading non-whites "not being British" and gypsies being all criminals, and the usual BNP bullshit.

Good riddance IMO.
    Yeah but was anyone really upset or offended.

Lots of people agree with him and think these things, if we don't talk to them we can't show them up or try and persuade them they are wrong.

If we always ben them it will just reinfocre their view that they are right........
    People like that you can't argue with. Some people you can - if someone feels agrieved that it looks like asylum seekers etc get better treatment then you can talk to them about the reality and look at it from more of a class perspective etc. But ime, someone who comes out with crap about 1000 year old native Britains is a lost cause.
    Toadborg wrote:
    Yeah but was anyone really upset or offended.

Lots of people agree with him and think these things, if we don't talk to them we can't show them up or try and persuade them they are wrong.

If we always ben them it will just reinfocre their view that they are right........
    Most people on this forum are anti-war leftys, alot of them are also muslim, thats why you see alot of anti-american sentiment on this forum, take what they say with a pinch of salt

He never did list the numerous muslims, but its clear that he wasn't that interested in what we had to say....

His assertion that the Daily Mail was "full of intelligent content" beggared belief

This WAS offensive:
    THE BRITISH PEOPLE DONT WANT ROMA GYPSIES COMING HERE, we want the best of the best coming here, not any old tom dick and harry, oh the poor poor asylum seekers, we let so many in and now look all immigration does is make our country into a bigger crap hole, immigration has destoryed britian, if we had any brains left we would close the doors for good, were full.

This WAS offensive and moronic:
    9/10 think immigration is bad, well for the natives anyway obviosly not bad for the immigrant from africa who gets free NHS to help cure his AIDS,

After belittling Blagsta for suggesting that the 8 in his name didn't stand for Hitler, its interesting that he claimed he uses the name "all over the internet":
    I think when the bnp get strong enough, there needs to be britsh only boroughs set up, foreighners can stay there but they should not be allowed to vote in politics and they should not be allowed to change our cluture unless we decided its ok, for example they shoudnt just be allowed to build mosques where ever they choose.
    Its ridiculas that in so many boroughs the asians control the vote therefor they control the borough, why should we have foreighners controlling our country????? WHY should they have the right to vote in OUR politics???!
    source

Interestingly enough, the recently banned "Isenheart" was a BNP man too...

This hardly qualifies as a well thought out position:
    Yeah your right torlough, im not that proud of being english any more , because im one of the only honkies left down my street, i wonder if they will still call it england when all the white people have been "ethinically cleansed" from their homeland? But your right i will never be proud to be english, our new multi-cultural society saddens me, it leads to demoralised and fragmented communities.

Its just dumb, kneejerk bollox .........

And thats even before we talk about his desire for ethnic cleansing....

Do lots of people really hold these views? If so, why isn't the BNP the largest political party?

:confused:
    I fully agree with you that he was talking a load of crap and I kinda agree with Blagsta that he was probably a lost cause to some degree, but.....

It just doesn't seem to be a very good way of dealing with extremists to simply dismiss, insult and ban them, even if they 'deserve' it. I think you have to listen to what these people are saying and really destroy them and discredit their arguments rather than just showing them the door........

The BNP are a small party but the two biggest parties policies on immigration are both very extreme and right-wing in my mind, why would this be if most people were not hostile to immigration to some degree?

As for the extent of these views among the UK public, the extreme ones that you highlight are rare I think but the general sentiment is very widespread. i think if the BNP were not so widely condemned more people would vote for them to be honest.
    Toadborg wrote:
    i think if the BNP were not so widely condemned more people would vote for them to be honest.

Which seems a good reason not to provide a platform for knee jerk reactionary bollox. And, some people may take major offence at reading racist diatribes like that.

If someone is prepared to engage in a 2 way discussion ,to be challenged, to provide sources to back up their claims, then there is some point in engaging with them, even if their views are offensive.

Spluttering out as many racist inanities as you can before you get banned is a different story.
    Oh yeah, I agree that simply screaming "racist!" at people who have concerns over immigration can often be counterproductive. But someone like isenheart can't be argued with.
    First real post!

I’ve been reading this thread with keen interest.

Isenheart8 seems like he’s got a lot of misguided anger built up. Unfortunately when people have such small minded and extremist views on the world, it’s very hard to change them.

As far as I can see the immigration issue comes down to a case of simple human empathy. If I was living in a civil war torn country / dictatorship / poverty stricken country then I’d like to think that another country would take me in and give me a second chance at a normal life.

Also, the argument of asylum seekers coming over and draining the country of resources is nonsense. Financially the country comes out in plus figures even after offsetting the amount that is paid in benefits and public services etc. through the tax that the asylum seekers / immigrants pay.

Just my thoughts anyway!
    First real post!

I’ve been reading this thread with keen interest.

Isenheart8 seems like he’s got a lot of misguided anger built up. Unfortunately when people have such small minded and extremist views on the world, it’s very hard to change them.

As far as I can see the immigration issue comes down to a case of simple human empathy. If I was living in a civil war torn country / dictatorship / poverty stricken country then I’d like to think that another country would take me in and give me a second chance at a normal life.

Also, the argument of asylum seekers coming over and draining the country of resources is nonsense. Financially the country comes out in plus figures even after offsetting the amount that is paid in benefits and public services etc. through the tax that the asylum seekers / immigrants pay.

Just my thoughts anyway!
    Make perfect sense to me :)

This is the fact that the right seem unable to acknowledge and which few (including shamefully, the govt) seem willing to promote.

i think most people who show hostility towards immigrants do so because they feel that they will 'get less'. This is of course bollocks.......

Of course the real reason behind many peoples hostility, though not everyone will admit it is that they have issues about culture, religion etc and feel threatened on those grounds.

Seeing as this line of argument inevitably descends into racism and xenophobia they can't just use that so they create the fear of reasources being stretched which is a lie........
    The sad fact is that people in this country don't want Roma gypsies coming here.

Mind, I don't think it's particularly hard to see why travelling communities of all creeds and races are despised so much.
    The most terrifying thing about that Kermit, is that an almost identical thing was being said about Jewish people 80 years ago...
    Aladdin wrote:
    The most terrifying thing about that Kermit, is that an almost identical thing was being said about Jewish people 80 years ago...
    I know. It terrifies me as well.

It's amazing how a few things can be twisted just slightly enough to make an entire population look terrible. Every time you get some travellers who set up camp on an illegal site the newspapers scream about it, such as with the selfish twats who delayed the opening of Darlington's new mental health hospital by camping in the car park and destroying the surface. But there's silence when it comes to the travellers who live happily on designated sites.

The trouble is that the minority do just enough, and get such overblown coverage, to make anti-traveller bigotry not entirely unjustified among a lot of people.